DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

I like the Sim City series, especially 3000. I haven't played the latest one with all of the negative reviews. I also like the F1 series, of course, with CE being my favorite as well as Far Cry 3 and GTA V.

Finally I managed to platinum GT5, these Vettel challenges were really hard with a controller (although I did Monza with a wheel)

GOG are having a summer sale, new discounts every 2 hours and there's been some pretty good games up :)

http://www.gog.com/
Is GOG like steam where the games download to a client or are they physical copies?

Neither. Once you buy a game, they give you a download link for it and that's it :) Also if you ever lose that game then you can always redownload it any time once it's yours.

GOG are having a summer sale, new discounts every 2 hours and there's been some pretty good games up :)

http://www.gog.com/
Is GOG like steam where the games download to a client or are they physical copies?
DRM-FREE! And they re-work older games to work on Windows 7/8 (and XP?)

Definitely a good site :) Just signed up and you get 7 free games straight away! I've not heard of any but 1 of them, but hey, free games!

I just thought of something for F1 2014.

Right now online races are just one off races, so why don't they make it so that every time you complete however many races are on the calender (What like 19 or 20?) you get a reward based on how many points you scored. 
Say you earn currency towards buying helmets or gear or something like that, if you finish with for example 275 points, you get a bonus (XP or Currency), 225 points is a slightly smaller bonus and 200 is the smallest bonus (Maybe they could have 10 bonuses to represent the points system) 

Does that make sense? I don't know what the bonus could be, but I was thinking as XP and some kind of currency for buying extra gear or something. Thoughts?

I just think this would add an incentive to finish every race I do as well as possible. If you get rammed off at turn 1, then there is still a need to finish well. Plus it would make it more meaningful.

AMS97KRR said:

Right now online races are just one off races, so why don't they make it so that every time you complete however many races are on the calender (What like 19 or 20?) you get a reward based on how many points you scored. 
Say you earn currency towards buying helmets or gear or something like that, if you finish with for example 275 points, you get a bonus (XP or Currency), 225 points is a slightly smaller bonus and 200 is the smallest bonus (Maybe they could have 10 bonuses to represent the points system) 

Does that make sense? I don't know what the bonus could be, but I was thinking as XP and some kind of currency for buying extra gear or something. Thoughts?

I just think this would add an incentive to finish every race I do as well as possible. If you get rammed off at turn 1, then there is still a need to finish well. Plus it would make it more meaningful.
Hmm, didn't 2011 have online championship or something like that?

Yeah, but that was for private lobbies. This would be for sprint races (3-lap ones) in public. 

It's kind of like in Ultimate team how you have 10 games to get a set number of points, but with F1 and it is like 19 races.

I'd pick the game on the left over the other game.
only if it's moer fun thoughI'd have to play them to know it. The only game I play from that period is probably the Sonic games really as the earlier 2d Sonic's aer much better than the newer 3d ones although Sonic Generations game is quite good which is a mix of both

Really enjoying Destiny so far. Came across some crazy things already. Having other online players jump into your game is pretty neat. As is seeing AI enemies fight each other...

Oh, and the occasionally over-powered AI enemy that you come across by accident and then run away from as quickly as you can.

I haven't even jumped into deathmatch yet (Crucible?)

AMS97KRR said:

Doesn't matter what ideas you come up with, online public races are always going to be bad. Even public lobbies on games like Race07 and Assetto Corsa are full of crashing and bad racers, because it's the public. It's people who don't spend weeks practicing and they don't care, they go have fun.

If you want good online racing you're going to have to find a group to play with, it's the only way it will ever be good. None of the millions ideas you come up with will make a blind bit of difference to people who play online in public lobbies.

SynGamer said:
Really enjoying Destiny so far. Came across some crazy things already. Having other online players jump into your game is pretty neat. As is seeing AI enemies fight each other...

Oh, and the occasionally over-powered AI enemy that you come across by accident and then run away from as quickly as you can.

yeah looks a good game actually watched @justbiglee playing it the other day kind of has a mix of a few games I'm familiar with in Assasins Creed, Mass Effect and Doom

SynGamer said:

Game doesn't come out for another few months here so no spoilers please.

SynGamer said:

Game doesn't come out for another few months here so no spoilers please.
it's stll in Alpha mode I think so no need to worry it's likely there'll be a few changes

I think shooters are just dying right now tbh. I'm not really excited for any FPS games this year, I'll probably end up getting CoD, but I'm looking more forward to FIFA 15, Civ Beyond Earth and probably a few others I can't think of right now.

There is a lot less excitement around FPS games right now, or at least it seems like that. (Destiny isn't classed as an FPS is it?)

I think shooters have got to the point where they're very refined (or some of them are, COD has it's perenial problems). Nothing coming now is new or revolutionary, so unless something comes along that is, shooters will decrease in terms of popularity.

Kinda hope Battlefront (III) comes out with something clever. Otherwise they've really missed the boat.

AMS97KRR said:
I think shooters are just dying right now tbh. I'm not really excited for any FPS games this year, I'll probably end up getting CoD, but I'm looking more forward to FIFA 15, Civ Beyond Earth and probably a few others I can't think of right now.

There is a lot less excitement around FPS games right now, or at least it seems like that. (Destiny isn't classed as an FPS is it?)

I would call it moer an RPG/FPS really based on what I saw on gameplay watching @justbiglee

I think shooters have got to the point where they're very refined (or some of them are, COD has it's perenial problems). Nothing coming now is new or revolutionary, so unless something comes along that is, shooters will decrease in terms of popularity.

Kinda hope Battlefront (III) comes out with something clever. Otherwise they've really missed the boat.
I agree with you there although the new Advanced warfare game looks pretty good tempted to pick it up at least anyway but I don't ternd to pick them up as much these days as they are very similar

Ghosts online is just horrific. Full of camping 12yr olds who think sitting in a corner and shooting someone as they run past makes them good at the game.

Ghosts online is just horrific. Full of camping 12yr olds who think sitting in a corner and shooting someone as they run past makes them good at the game.
yeah but the COD's have always been like that I've noticed the same thing on sall the COD's as I used to watch my mum's ex boyfriend play it. but ther eare a lot of idiots on a lot of games which is oner of the reasons (not the only one I hasten to add) why I don't game online