The Game Thread!

I'm a total noob when it comes to FPSs (well, modern FPSs), but I have been playing alot of Heros and Generals, a F2P online WWII FPS.

I typically avoid FPSs, although I do spend alot of time on H&G driving (...Kubelwagens off cliffs). For the first part, it isn't pay 2 win, there isn't much that is difficult to obtain (Other than Recon, which is a massive pain) so buying things with real money doesn't save that much time.

It's still in BETA, but honestly to me it feels like a full game, albeit needing a few more maps and guns (Plenty of tanks already :D ).

So I am getting a summer job in a cafe, and the pay is astounding for what I am doing. The money I earn amongst helping pay living costs for uni will probably go towards a PS4. I am upgrading!

So I am getting a summer job in a cafe, and the pay is astounding for what I am doing. The money I earn amongst helping pay living costs for uni will probably go towards a PS4. I am upgrading!
good for you :D

Switched over to Titanfall now and it's shedloads more fun! Much faster pace and the players barely camp. Plus I've not really come across any idiots in a party who stick together and all get killed at the same time :)

Won a race on F1 earlier and some Brazilian guy who was 2nd sent me a message saying i'm a great driver! 

Emotional.

Lukedfrt said:
Won a race on F1 earlier and some Brazilian guy who was 2nd sent me a message saying i'm a great driver! 

Emotional.

well done :D

SynGamer said:
Really enjoying Destiny so far. Came across some crazy things already. Having other online players jump into your game is pretty neat. As is seeing AI enemies fight each other...

Oh, and the occasionally over-powered AI enemy that you come across by accident and then run away from as quickly as you can.

I haven't even jumped into deathmatch yet (Crucible?)
Game doesn't come out for another few months here so no spoilers please.
it's stll in Alpha mode I think so no need to worry it's likely there'll be a few changes
Just to clarify, they are calling this an "alpha", but this is a glorified demo/beta test. Alpha's usually have features missing and there are quite a few bugs/glitches. This has more content and runs better than most demos/full games.

Regardless of what they are calling it, be careful with the internet until September as a lot of people are playing this "alpha" right now. I wasn't sure what to expect when the game was announced and the first trailers where released, but Destiny is going to be pretty awesome if this alpha is any indication.

Exploring the single-player area by yourself is fun, and randomly having 2-3 people appear in your single-player world is neat. I need to figure out communication (headset?) but it's fun to team up and do stuff in co-op.

I also like the MMO feel without the needless grinding and subscription fee (for now...)

The ONLY thing I can say I don't like so far is the voice acting. They have Peter Dinklage doing the lines, but it just feels so empty and dry. It's like they gave him no direction (or the wrong direction) when he was recording the lines. Hoping that is somehow fixed before release. It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but it hurts the storytelling quite a bit.

Tried BF Hardline Beta. Was pretty underwhelming. :/
Tried it for about 5-10 minutes and then deleted it. Exactly the same as BF4, though the graphics aren't quite as good. This really should have been a $30 standalone DLC for BF4, not a $60-70 retail game...

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
Really enjoying Destiny so far. Came across some crazy things already. Having other online players jump into your game is pretty neat. As is seeing AI enemies fight each other...

Oh, and the occasionally over-powered AI enemy that you come across by accident and then run away from as quickly as you can.

it's stll in Alpha mode I think so no need to worry it's likely there'll be a few changes
Just to clarify, they are calling this an "alpha", but this is a glorified demo/beta test. Alpha's usually have features missing and there are quite a few bugs/glitches. This has more content and runs better than most demos/full games.

Regardless of what they are calling it, be careful with the internet until September as a lot of people are playing this "alpha" right now. I wasn't sure what to expect when the game was announced and the first trailers where released, but Destiny is going to be pretty awesome if this alpha is any indication.

Exploring the single-player area by yourself is fun, and randomly having 2-3 people appear in your single-player world is neat. I need to figure out communication (headset?) but it's fun to team up and do stuff in co-op.

I also like the MMO feel without the needless grinding and subscription fee (for now...)

The ONLY thing I can say I don't like so far is the voice acting. They have Peter Dinklage doing the lines, but it just feels so empty and dry. It's like they gave him no direction (or the wrong direction) when he was recording the lines. Hoping that is somehow fixed before release. It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but it hurts the storytelling quite a bit.

So its like a MMO? Looked more of a RPG from the trailers ive seen.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

So its like a MMO? Looked more of a RPG from the trailers ive seen.
If I had to describe it in genre's, I would say it's primarily a FPS with basic RPG elements, in a lite MMO setting. People can randomly jump into your single-player world. And there is a central hub for gear upgrades, messages, bounties, etc. I believe once the full game launches in September there will be full-scale "events" where a number of players can work together to take down large enemies in these events.

Honestly, from all the talks, this is barely scraping the surface of what Bungie has planned for the game. Really excited to see where things go once we have full access.

Also, as far as "RPG", there is leveling, but not in the traditional RPG sense. As you progress you unlock new gear and skills. It's mostly automated but you can unlocked certain skills by completing various tasks/challenges within the game. If you get a chance, check out some videos of the alpha footage, preferably ones that focus on the central hub and character progression.

If I have time this week I'll pick a time to live-stream and go through the menus and such :)

Ok hope the game doesn't rely on co op style missions where you need online players to help you.

Lukedfrt said:

Emotional.

Hmmm, @onetwothree usually sends me messages when I beat him but I don't think he's congratulating me... :P

Playing Killzone shadow fall very good so far, like how the audio logs play through the controller :)