The Game Thread!

Ah fair enough then dude, if you liked DMC then you probably won't mind the gameplay. Personally I couldn't put up with it so I just watched all the cut scenes on YouTube :p

Just bought Democracy 3 and Insurgency.

Now to persuade Herby to get DayZ.

Platy said:
Just bought Democracy 3 and Insurgency.

Now to persuade Herby to get DayZ.
Don't do it Herby :p 

I've never met a friendly person on the SA (which is why I haven't bothered with it in months) but the last time I played the mod, I spawned in and immediately had 2 friendly voices on global chat welcoming me and asking if I fancied a 10 paces duel lol.

You shouldn't play alone then, the most fun in DayZ is playing with friends. Feel free to join me and my mates if you want.

It's an online mulitplayer open world zombie survival game. The object is to survive.

What is the point of DayZ? Is it just a survival game or is there some objective to it?
As far as I know, I think it is somewhat like a Third person shooter like Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6

What is the point of DayZ? Is it just a survival game or is there some objective to it?
As far as I know, I think it is somewhat like a Third person shooter like Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6
It's absolutely nothing like Rainbow 6.

Platy said:
You shouldn't play alone then, the most fun in DayZ is playing with friends. Feel free to join me and my mates if you want.
Nah, more often than not I played with my brother and his 2 best friends, so I was never lonely :p But the only people who were even a little bit friendly were the ones who didn't have a gun and ran away shouting "Please don't shoot me!" ;)

And agreed Platy, it's nothing at all like Rainbow Six. The only thing I could think of that really comes close to it is Rust, and even then those 2 are still worlds apart.

Lukedfrt said:
Herby007 said:
Prepare your wallets. The Steam Summer sale has started.

http://www.gaben.tv/
Sweet, got paid an hour ago :) 

In other news, FIFA 14 is one of the worst games I have ever played.
You're playing it wrong 'Fez :P
I was playing as England, we're supposed to be a good team right? Oh wait...

Nah, I just hate the AI, on Amateur I was winning by 5 goals, so I put it up to Semi-Pro and just couldn't even match them. I swear they can run faster than you and it's almost as if they know where you're gonna move even before you do ~X(

Kind of like me and F1 2013's AI then :p

Just bought a Snooker game in the steam sale international Snooker

Just tried out my PS Vita using Remote play with PS4 for the first time. 

Wow, it is amazing. 

Herby007 said:
Stanley Parable for £3.99?

Worth it, ladies?
Maybe. I played the demo, quite liked it, but from what I've heard and seen the main game could be pretty short depending on how you play

Prison Architect is alright, they're still adding to it. Haven't played it in a while, might have more depth now.

Banished is great, but you'll have to play it about 10 times to work out the mechanics and how to make a truly successful settlement. It's a game you'll play in bursts and plan out when your not playing.

Anyone else disappointed with the game list in the steam summer sale, seems their saving the best till the final day(s)?

Anyone else disappointed with the game list in the steam summer sale, seems their saving the best till the final day(s)?
Tbh, the sales are never really that good. I got all the games I wanted last summer so the winter sale and this one don't really have a huge amount for me.

Tbh, the sales are never really that good. I got all the games I wanted last summer so the winter sale and this one don't really have a huge amount for me.
Yep and it seems that some of the games are way over priced when there on sale.

same here aside from the Snooker game I found there wasn't really much else

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence for £10.

Gabe heard me. I gave Gabe £10. We are both happy.

Was having a rummage through all my PC games and came across Stronghold 2, Stalingrad and Silent Hunter 4. Absolutely loved these games when i was growing up, all have been installed on the laptop so think i'm sorted for a few weeks :P