The Game Thread!

Mass Effect collection (1 & 2) for £5.74 in the flash sale.

If I hadn't of bought MGR:R I'd probably of insta bought. 6 hours to make a decision...

Herby007 said:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence for £10.

Gabe heard me. I gave Gabe £10. We are both happy.
Whats it like? i saw the trailer for it before it came out and he looked like a robot or cyborg?

Still downloading it :/. My internet doesn't download faster than 500kb/s and its 23gb...

13 hours away from being played according to Steam. 

He is a cyborg. If you've played Metal Gear Solid 4, you that in the ending...

He is re-put together as a human using prosthetic  limbs. Looks like Rising has him ditch that again to go full cyborg (which is saddening as the ending also had him get back together with Rose and promise to be a father to his kid... 

Highlight the text above for the answer to that.

Herby007 said:
Still downloading it :/. My internet doesn't download faster than 500kb/s and its 23gb...

He is re-put together as a human using prosthetic  limbs. Looks like Rising has him ditch that again to go full cyborg (which is saddening as the ending also had him get back together with Rose and promise to be a father to his kid... 

The beginning of the spoiler part is so unigue... not :P

Meh, Raidens been a clusterfuck since Metal Gear Solid 4. Kojima basically decided that nobody would like him unless he made him into Gray Fox 2.0. Shame really, the bait-n-switch was awesome.

Herby007 said:

Haven't finished MGS4 yet

Herby007 said:
Meh, Raidens been a clusterfuck since Metal Gear Solid 4. Kojima basically decided that nobody would like him unless he made him into Gray Fox 2.0. Shame really, the bait-n-switch was awesome.

Shouldn't this be in spoiler as well? :P

Herby007 said:

If I hadn't of bought MGR:R I'd probably of insta bought. 6 hours to make a decision...

go on I dare you :p you know you want to

Herby007 said:

I'm just about to :p

mike96 said:
Herby007 said:

Shouldn't this be in spoiler as well? :P
Only if you believe nobody knows the story of a game that came out 13 years ago. :p

Herby007 said:

I still have my disc versions so I don't need too in fact I'm working my way through 1 again while waiting for Autosport

Has anyone ever completed all the VR/Alternative missions in Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance? I've came close three times, each story tinged with heartbreak.

First time, back when I had the PS2 copy, I completed it all the way up to MGS1 Snake. Got within 5% of finishing but the missions were just too hard for me at the time. I ended up forgetting about it and when I came back to do it, I must of lost my memory card with the data on it as I had to start from scratch.

Second time, with the HD collection, I was slowly but surely building my way up to MGS1 Snake again. Got every other character to completion and was setting myself up for the next day to finish it. Went to play BF3 with Platy and my PS3 froze on me. When I restarted it, it wiped all my save data :(.

Third time, just three months ago, I had decided to once again go for it. Think I was around 75% done. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes came out so I dropped it for that to try and S rank everything. Things went south when I tried to do that pesky destroy the AA mission. When it got to destroying the LAV, I had C4 planted on the road when to blow it. As I blew it up, the game autosaved and froze...yeah. Lost everything again.

So, fourth time the charm, eh? Learnt my lesson...going to play nothing but Metal Gear Solid 2, back it up to USB every night until I finally finish it.

Herby007 said:

I still have my disc versions so I don't need too in fact I'm working my way through 1 again while waiting for Autosport
In case you're after the full set @RevolvingPrawn ME3 is available for £9.99 on Origin

Thanks @sjsharp but I probably won't bother with 3. Already took the same Shepard from 1-3 on the 360 version, buying 1 and 2 again on Steam is more of a fun thing. Like I'm gonna get a textures mod for ME1 and a mod for ME2 that adds in a bunch of armour and casual clothes :) 
Plus I only had the chance to play ME1 once (disc got scratched and wouldn't play), but I've done 2 and 3 a couple of times each so it'll be good to go back at last!

Thanks @sjsharp but I probably won't bother with 3. Already took the same Shepard from 1-3 on the 360 version, buying 1 and 2 again on Steam is more of a fun thing. Like I'm gonna get a textures mod for ME1 and a mod for ME2 that adds in a bunch of armour and casual clothes :) 
Plus I only had the chance to play ME1 once (disc got scratched and wouldn't play), but I've done 2 and 3 a couple of times each so it'll be good to go back at last!
that's OK I just thought you might be interested that's all mind you with the trilogy pack versions you don't need to leave the discs in the drive. I tend to use the standalone copy for 2 as I can't get the cheats to work on the trilogy pack copy. It's mainly for one of the DLC's as in the overlord mission there's a cannon and can kill you with 1 shot I just use cheats to make it easier to get past it. Plus the DLC takes forever to download through Origin and I have them on a USB stick anyway which installs a lot faster just a shame I can't do the same with ME3's

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/24/shinji-mikami-interview-the-master-of-survival-horror-i-want-to-make-a-f1-game-4774256/

Sign him up Codemasters! 

Shame Grid Autosport doesn't have a demo, would have been interested to try it out after hearing lots of positive reviews for it.

Platy said:
Shame Grid Autosport doesn't have a demo, would have been interested to try it out after hearing lots of positive reviews for it.
I've pre ordered it so when it comes I'll be posting about what it's like.

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
I can watch YouTube reviews, and read what people think of it, but I won't know if it's worth it unless I try it. That's why I'd really like a demo, so I can experience the game before I spend £30 on it.

Platy said:

Have you seen any of the vids for it Platy I certainly can see why it's had positive reviews jusr from watching them have been keeping close tabs on it since @Loore announced it,

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:

So have I just waiying for Amazon to send me the customary We've dispatched your item mail they do for it. I've got my fingers crossed I receive that at some stage tomorrow.

was thinking about putting up a review too on the assists as I know there aer a couple of disabled people aside from myself on this forum as well as they'll be interested in how helpful the assists are I'm sure as well until I've had experience with the game though I can't do anything

If you guys haven't voted already in the Steam sale, vote "Fun, Great Soundtrack". I've been dying to buy Rayman Legends and £6 is an absolute steal.

And it won! Another game to the collection. So that's MGR:R, Stanley Parable and Rayman Legends. Think I'm done now :D.