DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Tell me how awesome Rayman Legends is when you play it Herby! 

From reviews i've seen, it is one of the best platformers ever.

Platy said:
Next Car Game for £12. Very, very, very tempted.
Bought it, worth it. Even for an Early Access game it runs smoothy. Wheel works perfectly, lots of fun already. Will be great when they add multiplayer.

More tempted to get Grid Autosport now, really missed having a simple racing game.

As even I have to wait until Friday for my copy of GRID: Autosport, I picked up MotoGP '14.

It has some pretty serious issues on PC (you can't quit the game for example and have to kill it in task manager), but the racing is a lot of fun. Running a career on the second hardest difficulty, 50% race distance, and every race features some good battles. It's rough around the edges, but as someone who has never played a MotoGP game before I'm loving it.

Britpoint said:
As even I have to wait until Friday for my copy of GRID: Autosport, I picked up MotoGP '14.

It has some pretty serious issues on PC (you can't quit the game for example and have to kill it in task manager), but the racing is a lot of fun. Running a career on the second hardest difficulty, 50% race distance, and every race features some good battles. It's rough around the edges, but as someone who has never played a MotoGP game before I'm loving it.
I'm sure it's worth the wait though

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Wow. Not in a long time have I swore loudly in frustration then 5 seconds later swore loudly at how fucking awesome it is.

Herby007 said:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Wow. Not in a long time have I swore loudly in frustration then 5 seconds later swore loudly at how fucking awesome it is.
I swore loudly in disgust before ejecting the game from my console :p

Herby007 said:
I swore loudly in disgust before ejecting the game from my console :p
I was playing it on my TV so my GF could watch. When I was fighting Ray she said to me "What the hell is going on?" For the first time playing a MG game I couldn't really give her an answer. Then when he started swinging it around... Snake must of been rolling in his grave :p

Bought Fifa 14 today and I must say, a LOT has changed since 11. Haven't tried manager mode or any of the other modes yet(except skills mode) but am loving the gameplay and presentation. The single most thing that I am hating is I cam't assign the keyboard arrow keys to anything. So I have made a new set and am getting used to it. 6 matches in semi-pro, 5 won and 1 lost. Time to get into manager mode.

I tend to race on keyboard and play snooker games using keyboard but generally with Fifa I generally use a joypad

I can't imagine playing Fifa with a keyboard aha, player movement would be impossible :P 

Lukedfrt said:
I can't imagine playing Fifa with a keyboard aha, player movement would be impossible :P 
I know I couldn't do it I'm not that goof and I generally stick with Sprint shoot and pass on the face buttons and use the D-pad to direct the player but it works for me given my disability I don't use analogue sticks as I find them too fiddly

Just spent the last hour or so playing through Rayman: Legends. It's utterly fantastic. So charming, challenging and beautiful. Best platformer I've ever played by far.

Civ V is £5 right now. I'd pick it up if you haven't got it and like strategy games. £11 for Civ V and all DLC.

Currently downloading Grid Autosport, turns out I pre-ordered the Black Edition after all and got a free copy of Dirt Showdown with it, even though I'll probably never play that after hating the demo :p

Currently downloading Grid Autosport, turns out I pre-ordered the Black Edition after all and got a free copy of Dirt Showdown with it, even though I'll probably never play that after hating the demo :p
I ordered the disc copy of Autosport so have to wait for the postman to deliver before I can get started but I certainly know what I'm doing tomorrow :p