Jump to content
DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Recommended Posts

Oh, that quote has been passed down by the generations! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How badly would you recommend a PS4? My dad said he'd buy one for my bday but i'm not sure if i really want one yet :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd say just wait it out for now. Lots of games are being released on both consoles, and if I'm honest, there isn't that much of a difference. Of course, you could get one now and get Madden 25 and FIFA 14 so I can finally play against someone that isn't a random or @Lukedfrt.

EDIT: One good thing about the PS4 is that you can charge controllers while the thing is off (and with the thing's atrocious battery life, you'll need it). See I'm charging my PS3 controller now and it's just wasting power by having to be on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Annnnnnnd queue disappointment. I REALLY like the pirate/naval combat in AC4, but the in-town mingling with people and avoiding enemies...not so much. Probably going to swap this out for something else tomorrow.
jordieDAFC said:
How badly would you recommend a PS4? My dad said he'd buy one for my bday but i'm not sure if i really want one yet :/
It really depends on the exclusives and where most of your friends play. Both of those categories align with the PS4 for me. But it's different for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd say just wait it out for now. Lots of games are being released on both consoles, and if I'm honest, there isn't that much of a difference. Of course, you could get one now and get Madden 25 and FIFA 14 so I can finally play against someone that isn't a random or @Lukedfrt.

Yeah, it gets boring when you win all the time....

SynGamer said:

jordieDAFC said:
How badly would you recommend a PS4? My dad said he'd buy one for my bday but i'm not sure if i really want one yet :/
It really depends on the exclusives and where most of your friends play. Both of those categories align with the PS4 for me. But it's different for everyone.
I think they only play Fifa atm..........Well.......try to..........
How old are you turning Jordy?
18 #LicenseToGetPished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FIFA is the most annoying game I own. I swear some players pay EA to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SynGamer said:
Annnnnnnd queue disappointment. I REALLY like the pirate/naval combat in AC4, but the in-town mingling with people and avoiding enemies...not so much. Probably going to swap this out for something else tomorrow.
jordieDAFC said:
How badly would you recommend a PS4? My dad said he'd buy one for my bday but i'm not sure if i really want one yet :/
It really depends on the exclusives and where most of your friends play. Both of those categories align with the PS4 for me. But it's different for everyone.
Fair enough bud, but I would say try to stick with it! the game does get better once you get to start upgrading things :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMS97KRR said:
FIFA is the most annoying game I own. I swear some players pay EA to win.
Alternatively, you could just be crap

;)
I'm not saying I'm a great player - I'd say I'm average. But when someone has a shot and it is going down the middle of the goal and Cech palms it into his own net you know you are being mugged. Yesterday, Cabaye headed the ball in his own net, I wasn't even controlling him. Just full of crap is FIFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMS97KRR said:

AMS97KRR said:
FIFA is the most annoying game I own. I swear some players pay EA to win.
Alternatively, you could just be crap

;)
I'm not saying I'm a great player - I'd say I'm average. But when someone has a shot and it is going down the middle of the goal and Cech palms it into his own net you know you are being mugged. Yesterday, Cabaye headed the ball in his own net, I wasn't even controlling him. Just full of crap is FIFA.
Yeah :(

This sorta thing is the reason i've given up with the series for now, the scripting/cheating is so blatant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AMS97KRR said:

AMS97KRR said:
FIFA is the most annoying game I own. I swear some players pay EA to win.
Alternatively, you could just be crap

;)
I'm not saying I'm a great player - I'd say I'm average. But when someone has a shot and it is going down the middle of the goal and Cech palms it into his own net you know you are being mugged. Yesterday, Cabaye headed the ball in his own net, I wasn't even controlling him. Just full of crap is FIFA.
I know I'm not a great player but then I don't play online I know my brother does from time to time but I don't same as with F1 I stick to battling the AI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This scripting/momentum issue in FIFA is in career mode and online. Someone said before that it is probably in there to try to replicate the thrills and spills of football, which is why there are so many 45th and 90th minute goals. It sounds like a sore loser thing to say, but sometimes it just feels like the game is against you, and other times it feels like it is easy. It works both ways, but it is very annoying. And the defensive AI is beyond bad.

Apparently in old EA games there was a visible momentum meter in the top left hand corner (It was a hockey game in the image). I believe momentum is in FIFA of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My Xbox One had FIFA 14 come with it... I honestly suck at it lol. Even on Beginner difficulty, playing as Liverpool against Morecambe I struggled to a 1-0 win. Always preferred PES tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My Xbox One had FIFA 14 come with it... I honestly suck at it lol. Even on Beginner difficulty, playing as Liverpool against Morecambe I struggled to a 1-0 win. Always preferred PES tbh.
Is that because you can beat the lowest difficulty? :P

Didn't think you were much of a football fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My Xbox One had FIFA 14 come with it... I honestly suck at it lol. Even on Beginner difficulty, playing as Liverpool against Morecambe I struggled to a 1-0 win. Always preferred PES tbh.
Is that because you can beat the lowest difficulty? :P

Didn't think you were much of a football fan?
On PES? Yea lol :p 

I'm not really but I do keep up with the standings, and the game was free and one of only 4 I have for the console so I gave it a try lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I took a while trying to figure out the new controls on BF4.

And other PS4 players, do you find that your out-of-the-box mic refuses to cooperate? 
You have to really ram it into the hole.



Contain yourself people! 


No but seriously, it feels like you're going to brake the controller but it works!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×