Jump to content Jump to content

made it to the Midnight mission which I believe is the last one on Halo 4 flying the fighter through the Didact's ship is quite hard but good fun. Composer was a good fun mission that felt more like a proper Halo mission. It was kind of reminiscent of Halo 2's first mission defending the station. Shame more of the levels didn't follow this pattern.

I do hope that 343 get the level designs better for Halo 5 though because right now after playing 4 I'm questioning whether I'd be better off leaving it. The first trilogy was great but I've found 4 a bit of a slog more akin to a COD type shooter and I find that a bit of a put off. They did an awesome job remastering the games but difficulty wise at times on 4 they took things just a touch too far for me.

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Might have to send my fucking Xbox One back again! It started making a chirping noise again, but different from before at three different pitch levels.... It has stopped now, but I have a bad feeling it'll get worse. Why didn't I just stick to my PC, as I can fix things my self.
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ Might have to send my fucking Xbox One back again! It started making a chirping noise again, but different from before at three different pitch levels.... It has stopped now, but I have a bad feeling it'll get worse. Why didn't I just stick to my PC, as I can fix things my self.
Happens sometimes bud. Like when I got my GTX 660 I had to send it back 3 times till I found one that didn't coil whine so badly.
This is something that really annoys me though, whenever you get a product that has a built-in fan (Like most PSU's) they never put in a top end one, they always use crappy sleeve bearing ones that die if breathed on from a meter away. At the moment though I'm wondering something similar, it's been probably more than 2 months since I switched on my X1. Kinda wondering why I have it when my PC is so much easier, and games are mod-able that way. Suppose I have to wait for F1 2015 to release before I use the console again for league races.
Hughesy said:
Can anyone tell me what you do on GTA V online? As I'm yet to play it, and people keep saying how good it is.
Have you got any friends with the game? Playing solo online can be pretty boring. The most fun I had with GTA Online was playing with 4 people I know :)
Nope I have no friends :p In all seriousness most are PC gamers. Everyone on here has it for PS4 so can't play with them, I'll be able to play it with you when it's out on PC. Shame I thought you could do stuff solo and have fun :s What do you actually do though? 

Just hope you're still playing it when I get it, as I probably won't buy it until it's cheaper and when I have a new GPU.
Lol, you loner :p You can do a few solo things but it isn't the most fun. Best thing to do is meet random people and if they seem cool then ask if they wanna do some missions. 

Probably will still be playing it. The only reason I stopped playing it on the 360 was because I was getting much more heavily into PC gaming after it came out and the 360 graphics started becoming disappointing and annoying to play with :p Hopefully the price on the Steam key sites will be pretty decent.
Ah fuck sake, that noise wasn't a one off! And it's the same bloody noise as last time! Getting really fed up with my x1 Calling Shopto tomorrow as this is ridiculous!!!!!! I'll be on my 4th X1 after this, and if anything this time it's louder than the last one...... 
Hughesy said:
Ah fuck sake, that noise wasn't a one off! And it's the same bloody noise as last time! Getting really fed up with my x1 Calling Shopto tomorrow as this is ridiculous!!!!!! I'll be on my 4th X1 after this, and if anything this time it's louder than the last one...... 
That sucks. Is it a common problem on XBONE's ? It could just be from a bad batch of them or something like that.
Hughesy said:
That sucks. Is it a common problem on XBONE's ? It could just be from a bad batch of them or something like that.
Could be a dodgy batch, but with the gap between him sending them back I'm not sure how likely that is :s So far I'm on my first, had it since April with no problems so far.
Hughesy said:
Could be a dodgy batch, but with the gap between him sending them back I'm not sure how likely that is :s So far I'm on my first, had it since April with no problems so far.
If you look on the net it's a very common problem :( Remember I said it made a slight noise when I got this one? As the others never did it, but after that I was worried it would eventually make the chirping noise and now it has...  The most annoying thing is having to re download my digital games and installing the disc versions (as they take a while to install and update.) This is the one thing I hate about consoles, as it's just a bloody fan that I could easily replace myself if it wasn't for the warrenty.
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
If you look on the net it's a very common problem :( Remember I said it made a slight noise when I got this one? As the others never did it, but after that I was worried it would eventually make the chirping noise and now it has...  The most annoying thing is having to re download my digital games and installing the disc versions (as they take a while to install and update.) This is the one thing I hate about consoles, as it's just a bloody fan that I could easily replace myself if it wasn't for the warrenty.
yeah I'm just glad mine performs fine. I haven't had any problems with mine yet(touches wood). Still  on my first
Hughesy said:
Had the same problem with the 360, think we went through 3 of them in the space of 2 years before getting fed up of it and buying a PS3.
Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
Had the same problem with the 360, think we went through 3 of them in the space of 2 years before getting fed up of it and buying a PS3.
If I didn't have so many X1 games I'd probably do the same as I already have a PS4.... They use a really cheap bearing in the fan, yet say it can be on for 10 years non stop. I'll probably ring Shopto tomorrow, as I know they will change it as its the same problam as last time.
Never understand why consoles don't use good fans that last a long time as you can't change it, they should have an opening so you can change it yourself. It's going to take bloody ages to set it all up again, when really all it needs is a new fan :(
Should've stuck to PC.
Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
If I didn't have so many X1 games I'd probably do the same as I already have a PS4.... They use a really cheap bearing in the fan, yet say it can be on for 10 years non stop. I'll probably ring Shopto tomorrow, as I know they will change it as its the same problam as last time.
Never understand why consoles don't use good fans that last a long time as you can't change it, they should have an opening so you can change it yourself. It's going to take bloody ages to set it all up again, when really all it needs is a new fan :(
Should've stuck to PC.
Yeah the only problem I have with mine is my screen flickers and sometimes the sound cuts out for a few seconds when using it but generally aside from that mine is fine but I assume that's something to do with screen refresh rate not too sure. I've tried playing around with the settings but no luck yet.
  • UP100 featured this topic