Jump to content Jump to content

Herby007 said:
That's what I've heard about PES this year. If you want a realistic gameplay football experience go PES. If you want accurate kits and the a flashy experience, go FIFA.
And a good career mode, get Fifa. Pes is awful in that department :# It's the only reason I haven't bought it. And why they don't add lower English leagues is odd even with fake team names....
Hughesy said:
Herby007 said:
That's what I've heard about PES this year. If you want a realistic gameplay football experience go PES. If you want accurate kits and the a flashy experience, go FIFA.
And a good career mode, get Fifa. Pes is awful in that department :# It's the only reason I haven't bought it. And why they don't add lower English leagues is odd even with fake team names....

Indeed although the correct kits and team names can be corrected in PES as I have patch mods for the 2011,2012 and 2014 games on PC.    The career mode is the one thing that does suck. if anyone is interested look them up at www.pesedit.com as that's where I got them from. They do take time to download but it's totally worth it when they're installed in the game. Not sure whether I'll find one for 2015 on the XB1 but will keep an eye out just in case.

Just bought strategy guides for the Dragon Age games. I'm kind of hoping they'll let me know/figure out what I'm doing wrong on those games and how to master them.

I don't know what to say about this other than that it's utterly ridiculous and misguided.

"Target Australia has pulled R-rated video game Grand Theft Auto V from its shelves and says it will no longer sell it following feedback from customers about the game's depictions of violence against women."

I'm pretty sure I've killed more computer men in this game than women.

"It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment," 

The game's never told me to kill anyone because it'll be fun. 'Encourages' is a stretch.

"The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points – and now Target are stocking it and promoting it for your Xmas stocking."

I don't know what game they're playing but I've never done that to get 'health points'. 

And they're pulling it an entire year and a month after it was released.
I don't know what to say about this other than that it's utterly ridiculous and misguided.

"Target Australia has pulled R-rated video game Grand Theft Auto V from its shelves and says it will no longer sell it following feedback from customers about the game's depictions of violence against women."

I'm pretty sure I've killed more computer men in this game than women.

"It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment," 

The game's never told me to kill anyone because it'll be fun. 'Encourages' is a stretch.

"The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points – and now Target are stocking it and promoting it for your Xmas stocking."

I don't know what game they're playing but I've never done that to get 'health points'. 

And they're pulling it an entire year and a month after it was released.
Seen that earlier, rediculous isn't it. I bet they sell films that feature someone killing a women  and yet ban GTA. If they want to miss out on profit it's up to them, but very silly... And that last point just makes me laugh, must be where you Aussies are upside down having all that blood go to your head. o:)
I'd probably take them a fraction more seriously if they'd done this last year. I'd take them more seriously if they'd asked to have it pulled because of the violence in general. But no, it specifically targets "violence against women" of which there are few examples* (see spoilers). Change.org even had the audacity to try and get me to sign the petition.

Looking through some of the comments on the article:
  • The game's actual interactive torture scene garners no attention from professional victim groups because it's perpetrated against a male character, but false rumors of sexual violence against women in the game gets it pulled. That's logic for you. It's pretty clear that if society condones violence against any group, it's certainly against men.
  • I thought this game incentivised violence against males.
  •  At no point is this apparent in the game. I recently had a play through for new-gen's sake and there is even a point in the game where the main 'protagonist' preaches respect for women. It's an open-world game that gives complete freedom to the player. It's an R-rated game for a reason - a classification the Australian gaming community was only recently, and rightfully awarded to enable adults to buy adult games. This reeks of misinformed parents buying adult products for their kids and then blaming their irresponsible actions on the retailer.
  • Just to point out the ridiculous but if you followed the logic of those who complained you could also argue that the game promotes violence against black people. When you're done being outraged there you can come back and say it promotes violence against old people and then keep going until you've covered every minority group represented in the game. One observation, to complete the game you do need to kill (in the simulated sense) but it is entirely possible to play the game without any violence at all.
[spoiler]Only examples I can think of are when Trevor kills Debra and Floyd and when the woman is ejected from the car[/spoiler]

https://www.change.org/p/target-continue-to-sell-grand-theft-auto-5-in-australia

That's what I hate about these types of people. They only ever go on about women being badly treated or killed, yet killing men (which is what you do in most games) goes unnoticed by them and is totally fine. They always play the victim card, and sadly mainstream media is starting to pickup on this. Games are a form of entertainment, films don't get all this hate like video games seem to get these days.

I bet that petition was started becasue of that crazy women, who is getting paid to cherry pick parts of games that make women somehow look bad.

All this political correctness is driving me insane, if you don't like the fucking game don't buy it. I bet all the people that signed that petition have never played a game, let alone GTA....

Rant/
Hughesy said:
That's what I hate about these types of people. They only ever go on about women being badly treated or killed, yet killing men (which is what you do in most games) goes unnoticed by them and is totally fine. They always play the victim card, and sadly mainstream media is starting to pickup on this. Games are a form of entertainment, films don't get all this hate like video games seem to get these days.

I bet that petition was started becasue of that crazy women, who is getting paid to cherry pick parts of games that make women somehow look bad.

All this political correctness is driving me insane, if you don't like the fucking game don't buy it. I bet all the people that signed that petition have never played a game, let alone GTA....

Rant/

I agree I know of GTA my brother likes playing the game. It's not a game I generally enjoy so don't normally buy it. if they start banning all games where there's violence towards women there'll be a lot of empty shelves.  A lot of  games have violence towards women in some form or another.. It's almost as bad as the scandal that befell the first Mass Effect game when some people complained about the sex scenes when you can decide to have a relationship with one of your crew members As long as people understand that there is a lot of adult content in the game then they should really leave it like that. I know that ME has an M rating for Mature and having played the games I can understand why so really I leave it at that.
Platy said:
Can you eat women? Because only then will they complain.
There's female characters in the game, you just have to kill them first.
#BanDayZ

@sjsharp2010 Not just games. For the sake of consistency, we should ban films and television programs that even remotely depicts violence against women! 

https://www.change.org/p/target-target-australia-must-remove-all-super-mario-bros-games-from-sale
And even if there was violence against women and only women in video games ,does it matter as long as it doesn't translate to violence against women in the real world.It's a pixelated screen for goodness sake. I mean I'd say 99% of the people complaining probably don't even play video games.
Platy said:
Can you eat women? Because only then will they complain.
There's female characters in the game, you just have to kill them first.
#BanDayZ

@sjsharp2010 Not just games. For the sake of consistency, we should ban films and television programs that even remotely depicts violence against women! 

https://www.change.org/p/target-target-australia-must-remove-all-super-mario-bros-games-from-sale
well you may as well go back to the stone age then :p that would be the only way to stop it. Shut down all media sources
I really feel sorry for Australians, as you guys have had to put up with so much crap with regards to adult video games. You didn't even have an 18+ rating for years did you? I think Germany has some pretty strict laws with video games. If the UK became like that I'd go mad :# As long as other shops don't do the same you should be fine.
Most of our games that are given an R rating now, would, in the past, be accommodated into the MA15+ rating or be censored and rated MA15+. The MA15+ rating is becoming redundant nowadays since most R content was stretched into MA and now that R is an option, most games when rated just naturally gravitate to that rating, regardless of whether it is a true MA or not. Notable exception is the Call of Duty franchise which gets an MA rating, and if I'm being cynical, I wonder how persuasive Activision was considering the game's core demographic are mid-teenage boys.
Hughesy said:
Sony have added Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition as a free PS+ game for PS4 :D It's been a while since there's been a good free game on PS4 for me. I was going to buy it for PC a while back, glad I didn't now  o:)
The one thing Playstation has over Xbox to me, they give you better free games. The free ones on Xbox have been atrocious. Haven't downloaded any of them probably since March.
I wouldn't say that. PS+ freebies have been awful for a few months now.
Depends on the games you like really. Most have been indie games that I have no interest in, some are good though. When I first got my PS4 I got Resogun, which was great fun. Outlast was the last good free game for me on PS4. I still have my PS3 just for the free games, as there's nearly always games I like.

I think in January Infamous First Light is going to be free, which is cool.
  • UP100 featured this topic