Jump to content Jump to content

AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Pretty shocking news :o
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hololens-designer-killed-in-car-crash/1100-6425701/
Some of those comments in that article point out this is like the second death of a developer of a potentially revolutionary piece of tech in the last year or 2. Bit strange.
Yea seen them, sound like hippies "it's a conspiracy dude, they're watching us" Strange people.
If this works, then the PS4 can kiss my ass ;) 

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=16189&game=Pinball%20FX%202&title=Cross-Buy%20Games%20Coming%20To%20Windows%2010%20And%20Xbox%20One
That will only work for games bought from the Windows store ie indie games. It also could mean the re birth for games for Windows live, which is the worst news ever! It won't work for games that use Steam drm / Steamworks. Not sure how you think it's good news, GFWL is/was the worst thing to happen to PC gaming... :#

@sjsharp2010 Did you do the puzzles in DAI? The ones where you connect the stars, they are bloody hard (for me anyway)
To start with sure, it'll be indie games. But the fact that Fable Legends will support it opens up the door for other games to follow! Turn 10 is a Microsoft studio right? ;)

Black Tusk (Gears of War) and 343 Industries (Halo) are also Microsoft studios, so I'm expecting something interesting! 
Plus Microsoft finally seem to be taking on board the feedback from customers, so fingers crossed it won't be a repeat of GfWL.
To start with sure, it'll be indie games. But the fact that Fable Legends will support it opens up the door for other games to follow! Turn 10 is a Microsoft studio right? ;)

Black Tusk (Gears of War) and 343 Industries (Halo) are also Microsoft studios, so I'm expecting something interesting! 
Plus Microsoft finally seem to be taking on board the feedback from customers, so fingers crossed it won't be a repeat of GfWL.
Forza Motorsport won't come to PC mate. GFWL 2.0 will still be crap, I'm well past the stage of believing M$ PR department. It'll just be another drm platform, games will cost more than everywhere else (just look at Xbox One digital game prices) and it'll probably be just as bad as Uplay. So many times in the past they've said "we love PC as a platform, and we've listened to what gamers want" and it comes out and is crap. It wouldn't surprise me if you have to pay to play online. 

Fable Legends is just a crappy pay to win game, it's not Fable of old, and every Fable apart from 2 has been on PC. Search for some old articles of what Microsoft has promised in the past, only to deliver a pile of crap. Maybe I'm wrong (and also hope), but I don't think I am.

Maybe Gabe is right, and eventually PC becomes a closed platform that requires games to be sold/use M$ store, which is why Steam OS was developed.
Hughesy said:
If this works, then the PS4 can kiss my ass ;) 

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=16189&game=Pinball%20FX%202&title=Cross-Buy%20Games%20Coming%20To%20Windows%2010%20And%20Xbox%20One
That will only work for games bought from the Windows store ie indie games. It also could mean the re birth for games for Windows live, which is the worst news ever! It won't work for games that use Steam drm / Steamworks. Not sure how you think it's good news, GFWL is/was the worst thing to happen to PC gaming... :#

@sjsharp2010 Did you do the puzzles in DAI? The ones where you connect the stars, they are bloody hard (for me anyway)

I solved some of them not all of them as I didn't find them all in my first playthrough. I'll look to find them all on my next run as I'm going to do as moer thorou8gh job next time as I may attempt to slay qall the dragons too. I did skip a few quests but in hyindsight the majority of the first half o0f the game I didn't really know what I was doing and I was trying to get used to the controls. Now I kinow what I'm doing the next run will be easier.

Playing the Awakening DLC of DA Origins at the moment so once I'm done with that and the other DLC I'll be going through DA2 and Inquisition again. Curious to see what the DA2 DLC is like though as I haven't ever played it. I know you face Corypheus (the main villain in DAI) in the Legacy one so will be interesting trying to take him down there I've heard they're quite good compared to the main game.

Yeah they are quite hard luckily I do have the strategy guide if I get stuck on them but I've only been using it when I've felt the need to. The Temple of Mythal puzzles are quite hard too but I eventually managed to get through them.

So the more I read about Micro$ofts plans for PC the more I rage. Honestly they haven't changed, they are only trying again because they've realised PC gaming is profitable. Any games that force me to use it I won't buy. Any sensible publisher won't bother using it, when other platforms are so much better. If a dev uses it and wants to release a patch for a game, will have to wait weeks just like on Xbox, and all the other downsides that causes. Anyone that thinks what they are doing for PC gaming is good, is living in cuckoo land. It's just a way of trying to get money from PC gaming, no big exclusive will come to PC. Cross play will only be for indies and/or  f2p, any AAA game that uses GFWL 2.0 won't allow it, as that would equal lost sales.

Rant/
Hughesy said:
Just started playing Alien Isolation again, no game has ever made me feel so weak and in danger at all times. I wish more games were like this, instead of being an overpowered superhero.
Oh I don't know I kind of feel good as an overpowered superhero. Maskes me forget about the troubles of my real life and my disability.
I was just in a fire fight with some humans in Alien Isolation, then suddenly the alien came :# I tried to run which was pointless, should've changed to my flamethrower to scare him away, but when he comes I just get scared. The deep noise of its footsteps while wearing headphones makes it even more frightening...

This time I'm going to create some noise to draw the Alien out, and let it kill the humans while I hide B)

Edit: The alien was just looking for me, I was right behind it under a table. I couldn't resist, I burnt his arse using the flamethrower and  then cried with laughter... :joy: 
Hughesy said:
I was just in a fire fight with some humans in Alien Isolation, then suddenly the alien came :# I tried to run which was pointless, should've changed to my flamethrower to scare him away, but when he comes I just get scared. The deep noise of its footsteps while wearing headphones makes it even more frightening...

This time I'm going to create some noise to draw the Alien out, and let it kill the humans while I hide B)

Edit: The alien was just looking for me, I was right behind it under a table. I couldn't resist, I burnt his arse using the flamethrower and  then cried with laughter... :joy: 

Nice one

playing the Darkspawn Chronicles DLC for Origins atm kind of weird seeing things from the darkspawns point of view and fighting my colleagues. Didn't mind killing Zevran as he's a pain in the ass anyway same with Sten. Didn't want to hurt Leliana though given she's my warden's girlfriend.

Got through both the Darkspawn chronicles and Leliana' s song just the Golem level and Witch hunt to go then I'll be moving on to DA2

Is it just me or did Rockstar say they were delaying GTA V PC so they could release it at the same time as online heists went live? 

Well, online heists went live on the consoles today... Cheeky *******'s. And they've added more vehicles and stuff. Seriously, I hate when a company decides to release extra bits when they still haven't finished a bloody product.
Is it just me or did Rockstar say they were delaying GTA V PC so they could release it at the same time as online heists went live? 

Well, online heists went live on the consoles today... Cheeky *******'s. And they've added more vehicles and stuff. Seriously, I hate when a company decides to release extra bits when they still haven't finished a bloody product.
Yea I thought that's what they said, but I've learned to ignore them as they spew more crap than a cow with diarrhea... :trollface: 
Hughesy said:
Sounds awesome, I don't normally buy dlc, but I may buy this even though I've completed the game.

Neither do I really as I only buy it if it's single player related really given I only play single player I own all the ME and Dragon Age dlc for Origins and 2. (I don't own any for Inquisition but there isn't any out yet.) But then I got all the dlc with Origins anyway as part of the package as I bought the Ultimate edition version and that comes with all of it. Half way through one of the DLC's at the moment Mark of the Assassin. Proving an interesting challenge compared to the rest of the game but good fun none the less.

For me, it depends on how much I enjoy a game, and the price of the DLC/Season Pass. I bought the season pass for Alien Isolation because I loved the game, but I bought the season pass for FC4 because I found it for £6 lol. Any higher and I wouldn't have bothered seeing as how the game plays like crap.

Edit: Apparently Ubisoft have patched FC4 again, and made the game even worse. Posts about the gaame crashing even more often and reintroducing bugs that had seemingly been fixed in previous patches on their forums.
Naww this sucks  :( http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-4-delayed-to-spring-2016/1100-6425852/
Greatness Delays.

And some hilarious new :joy: 
http://www.pcgamer.com/state-of-decay-contractor-filled-the-game-with-hidden-dongs/
  • UP100 featured this topic