Jump to content Jump to content

I bet NASA had less trouble getting to the moon than I've had trying to get GTA EFLC to work, reminds me what a crappy job they did for the PC version. Really hope GTA V isn't like this.... :#

Any tips @RevolvingPrawn ? I know this game doesn't like GPUs with more than 2GB of Vram, it actually tells me my GPU isn't good enough (known bug) I typed some command lines in, as I couldn't even change graphics settings. But I can't get 60fps, and it's only using 40% of my GPU without using Vsync...
Hughesy said:
I bet NASA had less trouble getting to the moon than I've had trying to get GTA EFLC to work, reminds me what a crappy job they did for the PC version. Really hope GTA V isn't like this.... :#

Any tips @RevolvingPrawn ? I know this game doesn't like GPUs with more than 2GB of Vram, it actually tells me my GPU isn't good enough (known bug) I typed some command lines in, as I couldn't even change graphics settings. But I can't get 60fps, and it's only using 40% of my GPU without using Vsync...
You got the settings changed but you're getting major stuttering right? I had the same, but the way I fixed it will be different because I forced it to use both GPU's and it stopped the stuttering. 

All I can suggest is try downloading Nvidia Inspector and messing with some of the settings, or have a look at some of these solutions http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1269228
Hughesy said:

You got the settings changed but you're getting major stuttering right? I had the same, but the way I fixed it will be different because I forced it to use both GPU's and it stopped the stuttering. 

All I can suggest is try downloading Nvidia Inspector and messing with some of the settings, or have a look at some of these solutions http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1269228
I only managed to change settings after adding some command lines, as before that I couldn't even change them. I got better performance from my 670 lol. I'll have a look at that thread, it's so annoying as its not even using half of my GPU. This is one of the worst ports ever, hopefully GTA V won't be like this. If I cant fix it, I'll have to play at 30fps...
None of those fixes worked :( Looks like I'll have to try 30fps which sucks.

Hmm just enabled adaptive Vsync but for some reason it's not working, but weirdly I'm getting over 60fps and far less stuttering....

GTA logic....
As I'm watching football on the TV I'm using the Wii U gamepad screen to play Pikmin 3. I'm even using the Wii motion controller as its the best control method for Pikmin 3. I still have the screen close to me so it's not too small. It's a better console than its given credit for, the gamepad is brilliant and the screen is actually really nice, @Lukedfrt will back me up here. Nintendo always  innovate, whereas Sony and Microsft produce the same old thing. People focus on graphics too much, but many games on the Wii U look better than the other consoles as Nintendo know how to get the most out of hardware. I bet if the Wii U had the specs of a PS4 it would've sold much much better.

It also has the nicest UI imo, I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the Nintendo NX console. I hope they keep the gamepad/tablet and improve on it, maybe up the resolution. Even though it's big, it weighs less than tablets, and is very comfortable to hold. Wish more people here had it, as Mario Kart would be a blast with a group of us. :)

I know this is a weird thing, but I love the Wii U discs, they have smooth/rounded edges, until you hold one you won't have a clue what Im on about. Lol
Hughesy said:
As I'm watching football on the TV I'm using the Wii U gamepad screen to play Pikmin 3. I'm even using the Wii motion controller as its the best control method for Pikmin 3. I still have the screen close to me so it's not too small. It's a better console than its given credit for, the gamepad is brilliant and the screen is actually really nice, @Lukedfrt will back me up here. Nintendo always  innovate, whereas Sony and Microsft produce the same old thing. People focus on graphics too much, but many games on the Wii U look better than the other consoles as Nintendo know how to get the most out of hardware. I bet if the Wii U had the specs of a PS4 it would've sold much much better.

It also has the nicest UI imo, I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the Nintendo NX console. I hope they keep the gamepad/tablet and improve on it, maybe up the resolution. Even though it's big, it weighs less than tablets, and is very comfortable to hold. Wish more people here had it, as Mario Kart would be a blast with a group of us. :)

I know this is a weird thing, but I love the Wii U discs, they have smooth/rounded edges, until you hold one you won't have a clue what Im on about. Lol
Totally agree, love the gamepad. 
The Wii U is probably my 3rd favourite console that I've had, so many great games.
Feeling so good now that Ive had my medication changed, that I went into town and bought Driveclub for £15. I know it's not the best racing game ever, but for that price it's not bad, plus I can use my T500rs for the first time on PS4. Still having to download a 7GB update for the game though.
Lukedfrt said:
That's a good price, let us know what you think. Apparently it's pretty good now compared to when it was released. 
Just started playing it. The cars feel pretty good for a simcade game. FFB is ok, but the graphics are pretty poor imo. Obviously I'm used to PC games running at 1440p. It's not ugly, but for a PS4 game it's not the best. It is a vibrant game though, it's probably because I'm used to playing Project Cars on PC that I think it's not got awesome graphics. Anyway I'll let you know how it is after a few races. 

You can buy it from Game preowned for £15 btw. ;) Also there's a ton of free dlc :) If I end up loving the game I might buy some of the paid dlc
@Lukedfrt So I've done a few races now and I'm really enjoying it. The lighting is really nice, and some tracks actually look very nice. The graphics are actually pretty nice. The physics are and and so is the FFB. There's no option to change ai difficulty which is a bit weird, I presume the get fasters as you go along but I don't know. I haven't tried online yet, but I'm going to at some point. Maybe we could race each other if you end up getting it. £15 well spent, I'm surprised how nice it feels using my T500rs in this game. It's the first game on PS4 that I can use it, but the wheel doesn't work until you launch the game, so I can't control the Playstation UI using it.

The scenery is beautiful, much better than Project Cars on PC, it really puts it to shame. So my first comment was wrong, it is actually a beautiful game.

Btw I'm adding you to my club, as I want to unlock the VW Golf GTI and you need to have an active club with min of two members. Not sure it'll work as you don't have the game.
  • UP100 featured this topic