Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:
Yea seen that, it was obviously going to have 7 discs due to being 59GB. It would be good to use Bluray but many PC gamers don't have one. I'm surprised anyone uses discs on PC, unless you can find it for a lot cheaper.

Lots of graphics options, and seems to be a good port. I can't wait. :)

Agreed the only game I've had with that many discs was an X files game That was 7 CD's though not DVD's

Well it wasn't obvious to me :p I use discs for console games, FC4 is the only PC game I actually have a physical copy of and before that, I think it was Race I last had a disc of lol. Would have been cool though if they'd done DVD and Blu Ray copies, I have a Blu Ray drive :p 

Yeah me too I'm surprised games companies for physical copies haven't switched to putting them on Blu-rays either especially given they have pretty big capacity and consoles now use them and I think at least most desktop PC's are sold with a Blu-raty drive like you I have 1 in mine as well. Although in my machine I have 2 drives the second is only a basic DVD one though but that's for another reason not for gaming.

No most people don't have them in their PC's hence why they don't use them, infact a lot of PC's made or sold don't have any disc drive at all now due to digital content. I'll never have one in my PC as its a waste of money, I don't even have my DVD drive hooked up as I never use it.
Gotta agree with Hughesy, it's not often you see a PC or laptop with a Blu Ray drive. Maybe the higher end more expensive ones but your general computer is much more often to have a DVD drive.

Main reason I got a Blu Ray drive for mine though is because I already have a Blu Ray player and a decent collection and i wanted to be able to watch them on my PC too :p 
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Yea seen that, it was obviously going to have 7 discs due to being 59GB. It would be good to use Bluray but many PC gamers don't have one. I'm surprised anyone uses discs on PC, unless you can find it for a lot cheaper.

Lots of graphics options, and seems to be a good port. I can't wait. :)

Agreed the only game I've had with that many discs was an X files game That was 7 CD's though not DVD's

Well it wasn't obvious to me :p I use discs for console games, FC4 is the only PC game I actually have a physical copy of and before that, I think it was Race I last had a disc of lol. Would have been cool though if they'd done DVD and Blu Ray copies, I have a Blu Ray drive :p 

Yeah me too I'm surprised games companies for physical copies haven't switched to putting them on Blu-rays either especially given they have pretty big capacity and consoles now use them and I think at least most desktop PC's are sold with a Blu-raty drive like you I have 1 in mine as well. Although in my machine I have 2 drives the second is only a basic DVD one though but that's for another reason not for gaming.

No most people don't have them in their PC's hence why they don't use them, infact a lot of PC's made or sold don't have any disc drive at all now due to digital content. I'll never have one in my PC as its a waste of money, I don't even have my DVD drive hooked up as I never use it.
Most of the PC's I've seen on Amazon have Blu ray drives based on what I've seen though that's what I was reffering too. I only have a second drive in mine for playing region 1 DVD's as I have a few what I call American format discs and I tend to use my PC as my main DVD player. Works well though.
Did a Heist mission/s on GTA 5 earlier (there is 5 missions for one heist) so as soon as we were about to start the final mission the heist leader leaves and its game over. Wasn't happy about that because it took an hour just to get to that point and then the person who was leader started a new heist lol.
Having to force myself not to play GTA on Xbox One while waiting for the PC release. I'm not going to sell it though as I tend to keep all my games. Takes a lot of space up though, thankfully on PC I don't have that problem.
dirt3joe said:
Just a quick reminder that for anyone on FH2 I think today is the last day to download the fast and furious pack for free.

Cheers for the reminder. I haven't really played it since I gave up with the Thrustmaster TX, as both had the same fault. I'm not used to using a controller for racing games so it feels weird. Hoping to buy one again at some point and hope it works for longer than a week. Anyway just about to download it, I completely forgot about it until you said. :)
@RevolvingPrawn So are you going to transfer your GTA online character to PC? I still haven't played it online on PS3 or Xbox One, so I'll be starting from scratch.

Also I got GTA EFLC running smoother. I noticed it was using one of my CPU cores a lot (a sign of a bad port) so I disabled it, and re enabled it and seems to be running at mostly 60fps maxed at 1440p. :)
I haven't really decided yet bud, I was doing well with my character but I'm thinking I might just start with a new one. With the bonus cash for preordering I won't be losing too much.
Plus I wasn't happy with how my character looked in the end so starting again will solve that!

Good stuff on the core :) Mines probably doing the same but forcing SLI fixed it so I won't do the core. Plus I'm not sure how likely I am to play it again now before V :p 
I haven't really decided yet bud, I was doing well with my character but I'm thinking I might just start with a new one. With the bonus cash for preordering I won't be losing too much.
Plus I wasn't happy with how my character looked in the end so starting again will solve that!

Good stuff on the core :) Mines probably doing the same but forcing SLI fixed it so I won't do the core. Plus I'm not sure how likely I am to play it again now before V :p 
Well if you don't we can start again together, and you can show me what to do (total noob in GTA online) as I only ever played the story. I'll probably uninstall EFLC when GTA V is out, but I want to complete the biker story as I never completed that one as it always seemed to run worse than the other addon story. It really looks like this time Rockstar have put effort into the PC version, and so they should've after all this time. It's obvious they were working on it before the next generation version, but delayed it to work on that.
Still if it runs well I don't care how long it's taken.

Ill probably play some of the story first, to make sure it's running well, let's hope SLI works for you. There will probably be a new driver before the game comes out.

Pretty sure you can edit your appearance even when you transfer over. Just means you keep your online level.
  • UP100 featured this topic