Jump to content Jump to content

Just learned that sony are shutting down the online servers for GT5 (i know im a bit behind the times lol) looks like my copy will be going into the bin or packed away gathering dust.
Indeed. As much as I like dedicated servers, P2P allows games to continue...forever?

I'm just waiting for GT7 on the PS4 (or GRID Autosport HD ;) )
SynGamer said:
Just learned that sony are shutting down the online servers for GT5 (i know im a bit behind the times lol) looks like my copy will be going into the bin or packed away gathering dust.
Indeed. As much as I like dedicated servers, P2P allows games to continue...forever?

They say all online functions will be shut down, so im assuming P2P aswell?
SynGamer said:

They say all online functions will be shut down, so im assuming P2P aswell?
I thought GT5 had dedicated servers for browsing/connecting, but used P2P for the actual hosting/running of the race?
I got to the stage where you need a group to help you pass some missions but i was the only one around on some moon base so i gave up.
yeah I bought it mostly because I didn't have an MMO and I don't really play MMO's much if at all really just for something different but thought if I did I'd probably play this one as it looked like a Mass effect type story and being a fan of that and having seen all the movies and also owning Kotor 1 and 2 I thought lets try it I mostly focused on the computer type missions where your playing against AI didn't get very far with it but I've been thinking of giving it another go.
  • UP100 featured this topic