Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sounds wonderful.

I really enjoyed iRacing when I had it but it was just too impractical. It just cost too damn much and I wasn't spending nearly enough time with it to justify the price tag. Like, if you love sim racing and this is going to be the only sim racing game you'll ever play, by all means go for it.

 Isn't it like £5 for one car? I could almost buy a burrito in Boojum for that.
Link to post
Share on other sites
The pricing model is what puts me off iRacing, but its the best online racing game you'll ever play. You just need to put lots of practice in to get the most of it.

You get moments like this from it though (I'm the 7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSfPpVQcEU


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mission in Just Cause 3 wanted me to take a moped and drive it to a garage, I said hell no and tethered it to a helicopter  B)

Bit of a crap pic as I have Steam overly disabled and in offline mode due to annoying popups showing while online that you can't turn off.


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debating weather to get AC Syndicate, I said I wouldn't buy it full price but I can get it for £20. Anyone here have it? Compared to Unity I have heard good things about it.

Thats cheaper than going to watch Yeovil play and I'm sure I'll have more fun playing it (even though Yeovil won for once today) So I think I might buy it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hughesy said:
Debating weather to get AC Syndicate, I said I wouldn't buy it full price but I can get it for £20. Anyone here have it? Compared to Unity I have heard good things about it.

Thats cheaper than going to watch Yeovil play and I'm sure I'll have more fun playing it (even though Yeovil won for once today) So I think I might buy it.

I don't have it. Here's one guy's review of the PC version (with 1080P 60 FPS captured footage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtnB13zJnfA


Link to post
Share on other sites
AC Syndicate has shocked me, it's actually really good, especially compared to Unity. The 2 characters you play are good and interesting, and the graphics are really good. Also shock horror it's actually optimised really well, not quite getting 60fps at all times, but with how the game looks it's not surprising. And unlike previous AC games, it still feels smooth when the framerate drops. £22 I paid was totally worth it, this is one of those drunk purchases that has actually worked out :D
Link to post
Share on other sites
It does look like the best one they've done for a while. I quite like the look of the setting, was considering getting it myself.
Also just saw the next trailer for the FF7 remake...I may have lost my composure and got overly excited. Now just hoping it's not PS4 only otherwise it's going to be a very expensive purchase.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Cause 3 looks like it could be fun, but I'm really turned off by its always-online requirement, especially since it's a single-player only game. I've read some reports of login troubles & random server disconnects that interrupt game-play. People are also reporting that the game is not very well optimized for PC. User reviews on Steam & MetaCritic collectively lean towards negative.

Scratch another new game off my list for now. Maybe I'll reconsider purchasing it after some good PC patches/improvements, with a price drop, and if they hopefully come to their senses & remove the always-online requirement.

Technology keeps advancing & game budgets keep growing, but games keep getting more problematic & less innovative.


Link to post
Share on other sites
Operator1 said:

Just Cause 3 looks like it could be fun, but I'm really turned off by its always-online requirement, especially since it's a single-player only game. I've read some reports of login troubles & random server disconnects that interrupt game-play. People are also reporting that the game is not very well optimized for PC. User reviews on Steam & MetaCritic collectively lean towards negative.

Scratch another new game off my list for now. Maybe I'll reconsider purchasing it after some good PC patches/improvements, with a price drop, and if they hopefully come to their senses & remove the always-online requirement.

Technology keeps advancing & game budgets keep growing, but games keep getting more problematic & less innovative.


On PC you can block it from connecting online which is what I have done ;) play at a near constant 60fps at max settings, the only thing that's broken is Vsync, if it drops to 59fps it drops to 30fps, so I just use adaptive vsync. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
You really wouldn't know AC Syndicate came out a year after Unity, it's brilliant. Most reviews say the same, but for some reason PC Gamer gave it a low score. This is AC returning to form, the fact that I got it for such a low price makes it even better  :D Ubisoft making a game that works on PC when released is also astonishing.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Well if you actually play it there's many things that are totally different compared to the previous games in the series. Saying a game never changes is stupid, every series has similarities to the previous game. GTA, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Fallout, The Witcher and so on, they all have similar gameplay to the previous one, so I really don't understand that argument...
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Well if you actually play it there's many things that are totally different compared to the previous games in the series. Saying a game never changes is stupid, every series has similarities to the previous game. GTA, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Fallout, The Witcher and so on, they all have similar gameplay to the previous one, so I really don't understand that argument...
Thing is, each of the games you mentioned usually has a few years of development between each game. There's a 'new' AC every year and it's boring as hell.

Go here, climb a lookout to unlock more of the map, follow these people without being spotted, etc etc. It's the same things that have been in for years now.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I get it, it's not your type of game, it doesn't matter how long it's been since the last game if in your words it's the same thing. Syndicate has a lot of new stuff that you don't seem to know about, I was expecting it to be like Unity but it's really not. Been playing since midday, still not bored ;)

In other news this is awesome, started my new game+ a while back, so it's cool they are still improving things http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dying-light-getting-enhanced-edition-upgrades-free/1100-6432833/
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lol, I think I'll just fall back on "no pirate ship battles, no buy" ;) 

Great news on Dying Light! I very much need to finish that game lol. The Following is gonna have coop right? We'd have to whip out some buggies I think!
Yep, the dlc price is going to be going up soon as it's bigger than they planned, so if you want it I'd buy it soon. Not sure when the price is going up, sometime this month I think, it's nice they let people know instead of just putting it right away. I can't get it at the moment, but I'm definitely going to get it. We didn't play co-op much in that game (mainly due to GTA) so it should be fun. Martin needs to hurry up as I really want to do the other heists.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hughesy said:
Operator1 said:

Just Cause 3 looks like it could be fun, but I'm really turned off by its always-online requirement, especially since it's a single-player only game. I've read some reports of login troubles & random server disconnects that interrupt game-play. People are also reporting that the game is not very well optimized for PC. User reviews on Steam & MetaCritic collectively lean towards negative.

Scratch another new game off my list for now. Maybe I'll reconsider purchasing it after some good PC patches/improvements, with a price drop, and if they hopefully come to their senses & remove the always-online requirement.

Technology keeps advancing & game budgets keep growing, but games keep getting more problematic & less innovative.


On PC you can block it from connecting online which is what I have done ;) play at a near constant 60fps at max settings, the only thing that's broken is Vsync, if it drops to 59fps it drops to 30fps, so I just use adaptive vsync. 

How do you block the game from connecting to its servers without running Steam in offline mode, or manually plugging your firewall, or disabling your network connection? Is there an in-game option for that? Or does it require some manual workaround? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UP100 featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...