Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Recommended Posts

Hughesy said:
I loved RAGE, the new one does look good so hopefully it is.
It was one of those games that never got the attention it really deserved I think. I'm hoping they absolutely smash it with the new one :)

There was this one bit in the first game where you were standing on like the balcony bits of a smashed up apartment building firing rockets at this giant monster that was smashing the building trying to kill you. I've always remembered that part and how awesome it was :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I very much enjoyed my play-through of Bethesda's & id's first Rage game on my Xbox 360. If I recall correctly though, the game wasn't much of a commercial success, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see a sequel coming. I hope it's at least as awesome as Doom's 2016 comeback.


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like PES  may be on it's last legs now. As it sounds like EA have got the Champions league and Europa League rights back for Fifa 19. It looks to me that that was the only thing keeping PES afloat so I suspect they may struggle now especially as FIFA already had an impressive lead on them this gen
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lukedfrt said:
PES still wipes the floor with Fifa based on gameplay imo.. But the lack of licences, just kills it :disappointed: 
Yeah and now it' s lost the UEFA licensing. It's not confirmed yet but there are rumours going round that EA have resecured it. At least it' s a rumour going round from Fifa youtubers like MGH based on something the dutch commentator said that EA uses for the game and that he recorded extra lines for this for FIFA 19. I don't mind PES but the way it has been going and the improvements Fifa have made in recent years with extra game modes like the Journey and all and the switch to Frostbite this is going to be a real kick in the teeth for Konami if it's true. But given how they've treated the PC version of the game I'm not too sorry though because at least EA have tried using the same engine across the board and kept things up to date.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)
Link to post
Share on other sites

tbtstt said:
I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)

I played through Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, & Arkham Knight (twice), and enjoyed them all. Arkham Knight was my favorite.


Link to post
Share on other sites
Operator1 said:

tbtstt said:
I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)

I played through Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, & Arkham Knight (twice), and enjoyed them all. Arkham Knight was my favorite.


I am about 25% in and Arkham Knight already seems a much bigger game than Arkham City. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
So I just installed Forza Horizon 1 on my Xbox One X, the disc was still in my 360 as it was the last game I played on it, so the disc was in it for years haha. It plays at 4K on the Xbox X and looks pretty stunning. It just shows that they were able to do amazing things with those old weak consoles
Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I am currently working through Arkham Knight (on PS4). Picked it up cheap a while ago, so thought I would play through it before taking the advice on the previous page and picking up GT Sport!

Really enjoying it so far, seems a worthy sequel to Arkham Asylum & Arkham City (both of which I thought were excellent games)
yeah I picked up Arkham Knight cheap as well for my birthday as I got it for £5 on Steam as I decided to treat myself to the Batman Arkham series for my birthday I had played Arkham Asylum but I never beat it though as I found the combat a little tricky but I have been rethinking that maybe I just need a different strategy but I managed to get the whole lot for about £50 altogether with all the DLC's as well  so not a bad deal really.
Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
I got the Arkham trilogy (not Origins) cheap on the PS Store a while ago, they're a great set of games but Knight is by far the best one.
I got Origins as well ; as I decided to get the whole lot but I got Origins and City for £15 each. So I think I managed to get quite the bargain there considering how popular the Arkham series is. But this is all on Steam though so will be playing them on PC
Link to post
Share on other sites
Thought I'd give PES 18 a proper shot as its available on Xbox game pass. I am actually enjoying it, I still prefer Fifa but that's a preference thing. Still the career mode and menus are still terrible IMO. I'm not fussed about licenses, but give us the whole football league with unofficial names. The actual football is pretty good, plus Konami only have a skeleton crew working on the series these days.
The worst thing in this game is the commentary, it's atrocious.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Thought I'd give PES 18 a proper shot as its available on Xbox game pass. I am actually enjoying it, I still prefer Fifa but that's a preference thing. Still the career mode and menus are still terrible IMO. I'm not fussed about licenses, but give us the whole football league with unofficial names. The actual football is pretty good, plus Konami only have a skeleton crew working on the series these days.
The worst thing in this game is the commentary, it's atrocious.
If that's true it sounds like even they've given up on PES so it won't be long before Fifa carries all of it.
Link to post
Share on other sites
No one has done police chases like the mid to late 2000s like NFS did. You felt the adrenaline of 40 cops chasing you through the county desperately doing anything to bust you. You felt like you had a lot to loose and after a big pursuit you just wanted to sit in hiding for a while. I sometimes miss those days with really well built games. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Has anyone played the original NFS Most Wanted. Its such a good game and I wish more arcade racers would come out like this game. So many good memories.

Not Most wanted no. I have got Carbon somewhere and the Shift series. I've also got the On the run game which was the first of the Frostbite ones but that's about it.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UP100 featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...