Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Hughesy said:

The Division 2 private beta is lit. I haven't pre ordered it, but playing this has made me want to.

I put a few hours into it and have really enjoyed it so far. The setting and gameplay is great. My only real gripe so far is the bullet sponge enemies. I wasn't expecting hyper realism, but having to put 100's of bullets into one bad guy seems daft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody playing Apex Legends? It's probably the most fun I've had in a BR game for a long time. It's kinda like a cross over between fortnite, overwatch, and CoD Blackout. Worthwhile checking out - especially because it's free! 

Edited by MATT
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MATT said:

Anybody playing Apex Legends? It's probably the most fun I've had in a BR game for a long time. It's kinda like a cross over between fortnite, overwatch, and CoD Blackout. Worthwhile checking out - especially because it's free! 

I will definitely be giving it a look, but given how much other stuff has been available this week I just haven't had time yet! I am a massive fan of Titanfall 2 (it's the best FPS of this generation of console in my personal opinion) so, as the work of the same studio, I'm expecting Apex Legends to be good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I now have my Oculus Rift VR setup in the living room, I forgot how damn cool racing in VR was. Also I put it on my dad, he's the most old fashioned guy and doesn't know how to use a computer. His mind was blown, he did a lap of Silverstone in Pcars2, the track layout is different compared to when he raced bikes on it years ago so he got a bit lost. Next time I'm going to video it and put it on Twitter lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
9 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

I now have my Oculus Rift VR setup in the living room, I forgot how damn cool racing in VR was. Also I put it on my dad, he's the most old fashioned guy and doesn't know how to use a computer. His mind was blown, he did a lap of Silverstone in Pcars2, the track layout is different compared to when he raced bikes on it years ago so he got a bit lost. Next time I'm going to video it and put it on Twitter lol.

Please do post a video of it! VR is something you can't really imagine if you don't really understand current gaming technology. I mean heck I can't understand it that well as I've never owned any kind of VR goggles as they're too expensive for me 😭

Also the Silverstone track layout change (at least the GP track change) still makes me confused between the layouts.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

The place where I work has an amazing simulator with VR, and I can confirm, using VR on a setup like that is mind blowing.

Being able to lift your head and move it around is amazing, it completely replicates being inside the cockpit. My favourite track / car combination is a Formula 3 car at Oulton Park. Can't beat it. 

 

Simulator.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lukedfrt said:

Really enjoying it so far, only criticism would be the difficulty.. Seems too easy atm.

The difficulty comes from catch combos to find shiny Pokemon. The battling is easy, but it always has been. I’m looking forward to the proper Pokemon RPG coming this year, but after all the hate I gave Let’s Go I found it really enjoyable when I decided to buy it. It’s just a chill game for when your brain isn’t working😂

 

It’s also a lovely nostalgic trip from playing Pokemon Red. I was only like 8 when it came out but played the hell out of it. Used to play it whilst going to watch Yeovil away on really long coach journeys with my bro.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So today I decided to get Mafia 3 for Xbox One X as I had a £10 gift card, even though I didn't like it that much on PC. Thing is I totally forgot I had it on PS4 due to PS+ sub lol. Still the Xbox version is the only one with HDR so it's not all bad.

I'm enjoying it this time, Mafia 2 is much better, but I do love the characters and setting in Mafia 3, plus each time you boot it up Jimi Hendrix blares out. My dad went mental when he walking in and it was playing, Jimi is his favourite musician. He didn't want me to start the game as he wanted to keep listening to the song 😂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had started playing Hitman sooner as I am really enjoying it. I haven't progressed beyond the first level yet as I keep going back to see how many different ways I can finish it! 

Will be getting as much time in as I can until Friday, because Dirt Rally 2 should arrivr then! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone here tried Bioware's new game Anthem yet? MMO's aren't usually my thing but I have to admit I bought it and having quiet a lot of fun with it. It's possible to play the game solo if you wish as well as I've done a lot of mission's solo on it. Must admit flying round and blowing things up on it has been pretty good fun so far. I'm only level 5 atm but I'm really enjoying it. I will say that the graphics are pretty good in this game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Anyone here tried Bioware's new game Anthem yet? MMO's aren't usually my thing but I have to admit I bought it and having quiet a lot of fun with it. It's possible to play the game solo if you wish as well as I've done a lot of mission's solo on it. Must admit flying round and blowing things up on it has been pretty good fun so far. I'm only level 5 atm but I'm really enjoying it. I will say that the graphics are pretty good in this game

Not yet but i have access to the 10 hour trial for the game so its on the list to download.

Edited by couger1981
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UP100 featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...