Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

Hughesy said:

Did you tune the car? I'm going to buy it in a sec so I can tune it but if you have a good one I'd like it o:)

I downloaded one :p I've tried to make my own setups in the past but they're never as good as some of the ones other drivers upload. I can't remember the authors name, but I know for sure that the setups name was "MAX GRIP".

Bloody expensive right!? I've still got 1.6 Million credits after buying it, but the Forza Rewards have helped a huge amount!

I'll have a look then, whats Forza rewards?

Btw there's a few called max grip...lol anyway I've downloaded one of them and I'm already so much quicker! 1.25.785 after 3 laps so I'm sure there's more to come but still won't get to your new time, I should be able to match your drunk time though.

Hughesy said:

I'll have a look then, whats Forza rewards?

Btw there's a few called max grip...lol anyway I've downloaded one of them and I'm already so much quicker! 1.25.785 after 3 laps so I'm sure there's more to come but still won't get to your new time, I should be able to match your drunk time though.

Go to https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/ and sign in with the e-mail address that's linked to your GamerTag, once a month you can claim in-game credits for a bunch of Forza games. How much you get depends on how many of their games your GT is linked to, and how many XP points you have:) Like at the moment, with my current GT I only get 300,000 a month because only Forza Horizon and Forza 5 are linked to it and with not that many XP, but if I was able to use my old GT I'd get 1 Million credits a month because I had all but the original Forza linked and had 49 out of 50 achievements on Forza 3. It helps!

If that's what you're doing after 3 laps you'll deffo beat my drunk time :) It's taken me roughly in total about 60 laps to get my current time :D

My mate sold his PS4 last week after me telling him he'd regret it.... 

Showed him the Fifa 15 videos.....

Hhe's now bought another one....

Noob

Lol what an idiot haha... I sorta regret buying a PS4 at the moment, but I know good games will come out for PS4 at some point. I still have a Snes although it stopped working, I never sell my consoles :)

Hughesy said:

Noob

Lol what an idiot haha... I sorta regret buying a PS4 at the moment, but I know good games will come out for PS4 at some point. I still have a Snes although it stopped working, I never sell my consoles :)

Destiny comes out next month :) and still have a Xbox, X360, PS2, PS3, N64, NES and Gamecube.

Hughesy said:

Noob

Have you tried Infamous Second Son?

@RevolvingPrawn‌  Got it down to less than a second now. 1.22.122  I still think I could go quicker if I could use my wheel. Keep going back and forth on  buying the Thrustmaster TX especially as I'll have Forza Horizon 2 to play soon.

Btw I love getting a challenge from you as hot lapping is my thing and having someone who's faster pushes me to become quicker.

Hughesy said:

Noob

Destiny comes out next month :) and still have a Xbox, X360, PS2, PS3, N64, NES and Gamecube.

my nephew has my old PS2 but I'm keeping my PS3 so I can still utilise the PS3 and my older PS games I've never had any of the Xbox's before the XB1 though but so far I've enjoyed using it. I've still got my old Sega Game Gear though it dosenj't really work anymore. I also have have a Gameboy Colour and PSP but I don't erallly use my portable devices much though as I prefer the power and quality of a proper PC/console game when I have the option.

Hughesy said:

I did and it doesn't work for me...... But thanks anyway. I'd like to know why it doesn't work as I want to be able to post the video myself.

vv see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evt8DeGzS6g&feature=youtu.be

Remove the &feature=youtu.be  bit from it when you copy the url, and it just has to be text not an actual link it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evt8DeGzS6g

The hand movements for shifting up and down look daft :L

They do a bit, but it's only really noticeable in the open wheel cars. When you're racing in a normal car you don't really see them because your view point isn't so in line with the wheel.
Also, the wheel movements don't line up properly/fast enough with where the car is going, but that's only in replays. When you're playing it matches up perfectly.

I'm kind of torn at the moment; would like some opinions on what I should do...

So as you know, Metal Gear Solid 5 is going to come to Steam. Whilst I am very happy that it is, it's thrown the plan I had almost out the window. Basically, I was going to get a PlayStation 4 almost entirely for MGS5. I was going to wait for a Limited Edition version of the PS4 (or, failing that, just a bundle with the game included). At the same time, I'd most likely get FIFA 15/F1 and I'm sure there will be other games coming in the future to buy.

However, how can I justify doing that if MGS5 is coming to the PC? Both FIFA/F1 will come to PC on Origin/Steam respectively, and my PS3 will still be functional for PS1 games/my HD collections. There are certainly cons; FIFA on the PC would mean I couldn't play against you guys, MGS has always been played on the couch and almost feels like blasphemy to play it on the PC. I've always owned a Sony console and I'd also have to upgrade my PC slightly; need a new Hard Drive, more RAM and potentially a new Graphics Card for MGS (Max/60fps or bust)...so it's going to cost me nearly the cost of a PS4 anyway.

So basically, I wanted a PS4 to play MGS5 and could make use of it for other games. MGS5 is now coming to the PC. I still want a PS4 but can't really justify it as everything I want will be coming to the PC but I'll have to upgrade it. Is there anything the PlayStation 4 will bring to the table to make me want it? For example, how is the remote play functionality for PS Vita in reality? Does it justify a PS Vita purchase? It would be brilliant to use it like the Wii U and sit on the couch playing games whilst the G/F watches whatever shit she watches.

PlayStation 4 owners; sell your system to me.

The Vita remote play is awful. Fifa plays at sub 30fps and you have to use the touch screen for some buttons. All games play at a low framerate compared to just playing from a PS4, in short it's a gimmick. The Wii u is better for that as you still use the same controller and the framerate is the same as just using the TV so no I wouldn't buy a vita just for that.

Herby007 said:

I'm kind of torn at the moment; would like some opinions on what I should do...

So as you know, Metal Gear Solid 5 is going to come to Steam. Whilst I am very happy that it is, it's thrown the plan I had almost out the window. Basically, I was going to get a PlayStation 4 almost entirely for MGS5. I was going to wait for a Limited Edition version of the PS4 (or, failing that, just a bundle with the game included). At the same time, I'd most likely get FIFA 15/F1 and I'm sure there will be other games coming in the future to buy.

However, how can I justify doing that if MGS5 is coming to the PC? Both FIFA/F1 will come to PC on Origin/Steam respectively, and my PS3 will still be functional for PS1 games/my HD collections. There are certainly cons; FIFA on the PC would mean I couldn't play against you guys, MGS has always been played on the couch and almost feels like blasphemy to play it on the PC. I've always owned a Sony console and I'd also have to upgrade my PC slightly; need a new Hard Drive, more RAM and potentially a new Graphics Card for MGS (Max/60fps or bust)...so it's going to cost me nearly the cost of a PS4 anyway.

So basically, I wanted a PS4 to play MGS5 and could make use of it for other games. MGS5 is now coming to the PC. I still want a PS4 but can't really justify it as everything I want will be coming to the PC but I'll have to upgrade it. Is there anything the PlayStation 4 will bring to the table to make me want it? For example, how is the remote play functionality for PS Vita in reality? Does it justify a PS Vita purchase? It would be brilliant to use it like the Wii U and sit on the couch playing games whilst the G/F watches whatever shit she watches.

PlayStation 4 owners; sell your system to me.

That's kind of why I chose the X box in the end over staying with Playstation.  All the games I would have gotten for the PS4 are coming to the PC anyway and seeing as I have a PC already and do most of my gaming on it it didn't really make much sense. The only games I'd have probably got for the PS4 were maybe the NBA/NHL games which are available also on XB1 anyway. Also being a bit of a Sci fi nut I knew I wanted to have a go at the Halo games at some stage and being able to get them for the XB1 through the Master Chief collection made the XB1 almost irresistible so in the end I gave in and chose it. Have to say though so far I don't regret it.

Hughesy said:

The Vita remote play is awful. Fifa plays at sub 30fps and you have to use the touch screen for some buttons. All games play at a low framerate compared to just playing from a PS4, in short it's a gimmick. The Wii u is better for that as you still use the same controller and the framerate is the same as just using the TV so no I wouldn't buy a vita just for that.

I would have to disagree with you. While the touchscreen/touchpad buttons take some getting use to, I have been able to enjoy inFAMOUS, NFS:R (though the game itself was crap), and even BF4 via remote play. Granted, I'm on a home connection side bandwidth isn't an issue, but it definitely works well.

Will be testing Diablo 3 sometime this week. Read a few articles about remote play for that game and everything seemed quite positive (minus the Time article which was a joke to read).

It's nothing to do with my internet connection as I have a very fast connection, it's Sony who capped the framerate to sub 30fps and nothing to do with bandwidth. I'm ok with touch buttons as I use my ps vita for gaming but you try using them on Fifa. It's a gimmick but I do respect your opinion.  

It was an afterthought as they needed to try something to sell more ps vitas as it hasn't done too great. Streaming can be great if implemented properly like with Nvidia shield or even what Steam is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOfiTiQZw60

This is like the exact opposite of CM interviews. This guy is like "yes you can do that" and "hey this is in the game" and "yes we support that" while all you hear from people like Steve is "no" all the time.

Looks good, and they talk the talk but I'm still hesitant about the game. I would say it'll be good competition for the new F1 game but after watching this I don't think CM have a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRaBKTeoYQk

Mexicola said:

This is like the exact opposite of CM interviews. This guy is like "yes you can do that" and "hey this is in the game" and "yes we support that" while all you hear from people like Steve is "no" all the time.

Great interview! Loved his enthusiasm and positivity about the features and capabilities, and how they've kept it so open to get direct input from fans. Watching that and the lap that Platy posted has made me even more excited for it! Can't wait to get into some league racing :D

Platy said:

Looks good, and they talk the talk but I'm still hesitant about the game. I would say it'll be good competition for the new F1 game but after watching this I don't think CM have a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRaBKTeoYQk

Really digging the subtle head turning for each corner.

Mexicola said:

Great interview! Loved his enthusiasm and positivity about the features and capabilities, and how they've kept it so open to get direct input from fans. Watching that and the lap that Platy posted has made me even more excited for it! Can't wait to get into some league racing :D

Yeah I'm looking forward to it too. I'm not usually in for full on sims as I usually find them a little too hard and fast but this game does look good. Having played the NFS Shift games they did though makes me think that with enough practice I could adapt and do well on this game though.

Mexicola said:

Yeah I'm looking forward to it too. I'm not usually in for full on sims as I usually find them a little too hard and fast but this game does look good. Having played the NFS Shift games they did though makes me think that with enough practice I could adapt and do well on this game though.

NFS games are arcade tho.

Yeah, you'll be in for a surprise. It's made by the same developers but it's a totally different game, engine, handling model, etc.

I'm getting quite stoked about this game, but I'm not sure whether to get it for PS4 or PC. I don't have a PS4 yet, and hell if my PC's powerful enough to run the game at an acceptable level.

It's been amazing watching/playing Pcars from the beginning, I only ever hot lap in it though as every time I've  raced the ai they've been  crazy but that's probably one of the things being worked on slowly. I remember when they first announced it was coming to consoles, the elitists went mad as they thought it would "somehow" make it less realistic... 

Mexicola said:

I know they are but there's bound to be a few assists and things to help at least it looks like there is anyway. What I meant was I find the NFS Shift games this studio did a lot of fun which gives me hope this game will be too.

Mexicola said:

Yeah, you'll be in for a surprise. It's made by the same developers but it's a totally different game, engine, handling model, etc.

I'm getting quite stoked about this game, but I'm not sure whether to get it for PS4 or PC. I don't have a PS4 yet, and hell if my PC's powerful enough to run the game at an acceptable level.

PC for me in fact I've already pre-ordered

Really really bored of Forza 5 career mode now zzz. The two simple things that  Codemasters did in Grid Autosport made it  really fun, 1: qualifying and 2: being able to set race length. When I started Forza5 and the races were 2 laps long I thought ok it's just the start it'll get better but nope.... I'm using fast cars and still 2-3 lap races and always starting in 14th. Those two features can't be that hard to implement can they?

• The topic was featured