Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

Hughesy said:

Really really bored of Forza 5 career mode now zzz. The two simple things that  Codemasters did in Grid Autosport made it  really fun, 1: qualifying and 2: being able to set race length. When I started Forza5 and the races were 2 laps long I thought ok it's just the start it'll get better but nope.... I'm using fast cars and still 2-3 lap races and always starting in 14th. Those two features can't be that hard to implement can they?

I agree I would have liked having a quali session too. It feels more  like Grids 1 and 2 rather than Autosport really because of this but I'm still finding it good fun. Haven't played with all the cars I want to yet but I'm still enjoying it. Mostly because I want to race the F1 and Indycar vehicles in the game haven't got around to it yet though mostly because I don't have the credits yet. On Autosport I'm either usually on pole or the first couple of rows which I certainly find useful when taking on Ravenwest. and in the reverse grid races I'm usually better at working my way through the traffic than the Ravenwest guys too which certainly helps when I need to make up some points.

I know some people on this forum have had and are still having issues with Autosport with the game saves and all that. Although I personally haven't been affected as it's ran fine on my system so far. I personally feel this is the best game CM have come up with in quite some time certainly since F1 2010. I just hope for those affected by those issues that these issues are resolved soon so they can continue to enjoy the game

I've just started playing Autosport (thanks again luke!) and I gotta say, I've found it impressive thus far. The menus are slick, the ability to do practice/qualy/race is great and I'm enjoying the cars and flashback features (so very slick). Although those cockpit views are fucking terrible ha.

Herby007 said:

I've just started playing Autosport (thanks again luke!) and I gotta say, I've found it impressive thus far. The menus are slick, the ability to do practice/qualy/race is great and I'm enjoying the cars and flashback features (so very slick). Although those cockpit views are fucking terrible ha.

Yeah it is an impressive game considering the age of the engine it's running on it's an excellent game.

Codies will be in serious trouble if they don't react to these new projects / developers entering the market. Especially since they don't have any other markets to fall back on.

Well we do know they are working on a new engine for F1 2015 and beyond for the next gen consoles which will no doubt be shared with the next round of Grid and Dirt games too. They just need to make sure that issues like save corruption and things like that don't sneak into this next round of games like it did with the games running on the Ego engine. I also hope that they get the gameplay elements right too and if they come up with new features that people like that they build on them rather than scrapping them.

Herby007 said:

Yeah it is an impressive game considering the age of the engine it's running on it's an excellent game.

Codies will be in serious trouble if they don't react to these new projects / developers entering the market. Especially since they don't have any other markets to fall back on.

Well we do know they are working on a new engine for F1 2015 and beyond for the next gen consoles which will no doubt be shared with the next round of Grid and Dirt games too. They just need to make sure that issues like save corruption and things like that don't sneak into this next round of games like it did with the games running on the Ego engine. I also hope that they get the gameplay elements right too and if they come up with new features that people like that they build on them rather than scrapping them.

It will probably be full of promise but ultimately extremely flawed, like every game since they started the F1 series.

Herby007 said:

It will probably be full of promise but ultimately extremely flawed, like every game since they started the F1 series.

They will probably use the current updated Ego engine for F1 2015.

Herby007 said:

They will probably use the current updated Ego engine for F1 2015.

@Hatta said it's a brand new engine not an Ego one besides till we see it in action we can't really judge it yet

After playing it for a bit I think The Crew could be a pretty fun game. The driving with a controller and wheel is good, good FFB, graphically good. The map is huge, tonnes of different places to explore. Online with friends it could be a good experience. Now Sony need to sort out the issues with Logitech wheels not working on PS4, which probably won't happen which will utterly suck.

Just been using my T500rs wheel for the first time in a while. I can't keep using a controller in Forza, so there's no other way I have to buy the TX wheel... Not sure when I can get it but it has to be before Forza Horizon 2. When you've been using a FFB wheel for so many years and then have to use a pad it's just not the same. It's so annoying that the T500rs isn't supported by X1.

Anybody on Steam interested in these?

90% off Dominions 3
75% off Montague's Mount
50% off 140
66% off Hero Siege
90% off Delve Deeper
75% off Dear Esther
75% off Dear Esther (got 2)

Don't care what the trade is for, whatever is in your inventory that you don't want at all will do. Most of these expire either 1st or 2nd of September and no use just letting them go to waste.

Maybe worth waiting a bit to see if anything is done about the current wheels. I'd be amazed if something wasn't done...

Although nowadays its all about getting more money eh....

It's Microsoft! They won't do F all lol. And the T500rs works on PS4 so I don't have to worry. Btw it's pointless dreaming about or asking Logitech to support the PS4 as it won't/can't happen bud according to Logitech Twitter. The first thing is they'd have to pay Sony money which won't happen as Logitech aren't in the console business anymore, so the petition is pointless as that part of the business is no more.

Sorry to poo on your dream.

Hughesy said:

Maybe worth waiting a bit to see if anything is done about the current wheels. I'd be amazed if something wasn't done...

Although nowadays its all about getting more money eh....

It's Microsoft! They won't do F all lol. And the T500rs works on PS4 so I don't have to worry. Btw it's pointless dreaming about or asking Logitech to support the PS4 as it won't/can't happen bud according to Logitech Twitter. The first thing is they'd have to pay Sony money which won't happen as Logitech aren't in the console business anymore, so the petition is pointless as that part of the business is no more.

Sorry to poo on your dream.

I know I saw the tweet, I just can't be bothered taking it out :L

Lukedfrt said:

Mario Kart 8 has free Mercedes DLC! :D

It has for a while now bud, paid dlc coming soon, adds 12 new tracks and cars/characters ;)

I knew about it ages ago but maybe it was only just released?

Ok I've just downloaded the Merc dlc but it's not showing up in my game... :'(

Edit: after a few restarts the game is updating, not sure why it wouldn't before but nether mind.lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Y3xEOv1ek

:O

Looks awesome doesn't it? Shame there wasn't any goals in the match itself  would have liked to see some goal celebrations but first impressions I've got to say are good only need to wait another couple of weeks for the demo and then another couple before the game itself shows up I've ordered it for both my systems the XB1 and PC. Can't wait to get started, loved the presentation and how they were talking about games that are coming up next for the 2 teams and that too. It felt like a pretty organic presentation. I think the player needs a bit more practice at shooting though

fIsince08 said:
I cannot wait for FIFA 15, I've had enough of 12 now. No matter what the hell I try, the defenders will not stay back and it costs and pisses me off so much!
I've got 2 Fifa careers on the go at the moment one on my XB1 for Fifa 14 which io started when I bought the game and console and a Fifa 13 career mode on PC which I'm slowly getting toward the end of I'll probably finish my careers certainly the PC one before getting stuck in on the new one.I at least wantto finish 13 before moving on. I think I've only got another 4/5 seasons to go on that. Planning to get back to it once I've finished my latest playthrough of ME

Platy said:
For the sake of parity and the fact that it does look quite good this year, here's some PES 15 gameplay on PS4. I need to try a demo before committing to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVAU63ccX4g

It does look good  and less than £20 on PC from Shopto, so at that price I'd probably get it.

Hughesy said:
Platy said:
For the sake of parity and the fact that it does look quite good this year, here's some PES 15 gameplay on PS4. I need to try a demo before committing to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVAU63ccX4g

It does look good  and less than £20 on PC from Shopto, so at that price I'd probably get it.
Yeah it definitely looks better than Pes 14 so it's clear they've upgraded things since then. I may get this for my XB1 but may wait for the price to drop a bit before buying. I'll probably skip it for PC as I got 14 for PC anyway and don't feel the need to jump for it 2 years in a row least we saw moer goals in these games though.

Goddamn I love Prop Hunt! Looked at the clock, it's 9pm, looked again a few minutes later and it's 1am. Far too addictive :)
Bit like me with Mass effect then. :p  It's one of those series that when I play it. I find it's hard to put down even though I've played it countless times according to Origin I've put over 800 hours into it now. that's on ME3 anyway and I tend to play the other 2 just as often as well. As I work my through them all  in order transferring my Shepard from one to the next as I progress

@Platy‌ What deg of rotation do you use for The Crew beta? I know I have a different wheel to you but I'd still like to know. I'm using 900 but I'm not sure it's responsive enough like that.
I think it's actually the horrible cockpit view making it feel strange as when I switch to hood cam it's ok. Makes me feel sick with the head turning so much when I turn the wheel so hopefully they can add a setting to stop that. I'm really surprised at how good the ffb is, it feels brilliant compared to using a 360 controller.

Goddamn I love Prop Hunt! Looked at the clock, it's 9pm, looked again a few minutes later and it's 1am. Far too addictive :)
Prop Hunt on Garrys Mod? If so I was just playing it last night on my Bro's computer. Ton's of fun!
That's the one :) It's the only game that's had me dying from laughter in a long long time! Got about 7 hours of footage so far from it that I'll edit and upload sometime :)

I just bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on Steam a couple of days ago haven't had chance to play it yet though. Not been that good at Stealth type games normally but it looked interesting.

Hughesy said:

:)    Yea it feels fine for me now but not in cockpit cam as the wheel is weird and so is the head movement, but apart from that I quite like it.

This just came. hehe :)  

Tempted to get this for PC haven't yet though

Sweet, ShopTo preorder? :) 

I've bought the PC version of 2033 Redux, but I only played Last Light about 4 or 5 months ago so haven't bothered with that.
Played and finished Last light, it's good how the storyline ties in with the ending of 2033.
I played it through twice in a row, loved the game :) I ended up buying 2033 again then but it just felt too outdated to play in comparison. So having the Redux version of it is gonna be awesome :)

I've bought the PC version of 2033 Redux, but I only played Last Light about 4 or 5 months ago so haven't bothered with that.
Yep ;) I have the older versions on PC but wanted something for my X1, so two games for £28 was a good price for consoles. Could've got it cheaper on PC due to the money off deal.

Hughesy said:

Yep ;) I have the older versions on PC but wanted something for my X1, so two games for £28 was a good price for consoles. Could've got it cheaper on PC due to the money off deal.
Never played it originally but it looks a pretty good pair of games ujst bought it myself now only for PC for me as I prefer that type of game for PC

Hughesy said:

I know how you feel on that. Main reason I'm getting Destiny, FH2, Project Cars, and Far Cry 4 for consoles :) (Though I'll probably get FC4 on PC too) I'm pretty happy with the 50% off for PC! But for £28 on console, and 2 games at that, it really is a good price :)

@sjsharp2010 You'll really enjoy them bud. Metro 2033 as it was doesn't feel great to play anymore, but Last Light was a wonderful game. So having 2033 with Last Light's mechanics and improvements is gonna be amazing!

Hughesy said:

I know how you feel on that. Main reason I'm getting Destiny, FH2, Project Cars, and Far Cry 4 for consoles :) (Though I'll probably get FC4 on PC too) I'm pretty happy with the 50% off for PC! But for £28 on console, and 2 games at that, it really is a good price :)

@sjsharp2010 You'll really enjoy them bud. Metro 2033 as it was doesn't feel great to play anymore, but Last Light was a wonderful game. So having 2033 with Last Light's mechanics and improvements is gonna be amazing!
yeah it does look good lot's of great games coming out in the near future (almost like Christmas for gamers like us :p ) As I'm interested in PCars and Far Cry 4 as well  and what with that Halo collection too coming for the XB1 it's going to be fun. And this is before I even think about the improved Fifa and PES games. There's so much good stuff coming at the moment

• The topic was featured