Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLh-IwxCtwg

Madden 15's pretty damn nice too......

not really into American football but yeah it does look good  I played it on the old PS1 and all thjat but haven't played any of the more modern ones I may pick it up out of interest at some stage but it's not top of my list right now.

Same bud, just hoping they give us a pretty cool stretch of tarmac and a badass car to run around in :)

The last 2 hours have gone so slowly! And there's still another two to go till I can play Metro 2033 Redux :(

Arrived quick ordered it yesterday arrived today in the post
I managed about 50 mins play last night before my eyes felt too heavy lol. Definitely better than the standard version though!

Same bud, just hoping they give us a pretty cool stretch of tarmac and a badass car to run around in :)

The last 2 hours have gone so slowly! And there's still another two to go till I can play Metro 2033 Redux :(

Arrived quick ordered it yesterday arrived today in the post
I managed about 50 mins play last night before my eyes felt too heavy lol. Definitely better than the standard version though!
haven't played it yet but will probably install it later

I'm going there so I can't wait to play those games! Shame that Codemasters aren't going cos it would have been awesome to maybe meet Lee, Luke and Ben.

EDIT: Just found out that my mate didn't buy the tickets, and Saturday and Sunday are sold out. Poop

Been revisiting some racing games that I've had on my PS1, like Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (my favourite, only DIRT 2 comes close), Le Mans 24 Hours, Total Drivin', V-Rally 2, etc. I'm not really a nostalgic person, but it's nice to play these games and still really enjoy them. It's like using an old machine and saying "Wow, this thing still picks lettuce!". 

I finished playing Total Drivin', which is an arcadey kind of racing game. You race with 1 of 8 teams over 6 different locations (Scotland, Egypt, Hong Kong, Moscow, Easter Island and Switzerland) with 6 different stages in each one. Each location and stage uses different styles of cars which handle differently (Rally cars, Dakar 4x4s, Indycars, etc). As you go through the stages, the cars become faster, the AI become harder, the track increases in difficulty, the weather changes and the hazards (diving into the drink, falling off a cliff) are more severe, common place, and easy to hit/fall into. It really is a great game, loads of fun playing it and there really isn't any other game like it out there. Only thing is, the game was released '97 before the Dualshock controllers came out, so there's no analog support. 

Here's fanmade trailer. Even features the massively cheesey 90s techno tunes from the game that I turn off immediately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSzAljKV6vM

Hughesy said:
Just completed Metro 2033 Redux, now onto Last Light  B)
noticed you were racking a lot of achievements up on the XB1 today been playing Fifa 14 on my XB1 just won the World cup with Portugal.
Yep o:) Once I've completed Last Light Redux I'm going to play them both on the hardest difficulty, as I love the series.

I'm not sure as it's been a while since playing the original one, but it might be as they tweaked a lot of things in Redux. I'm actually going to buy the book that the game is based on, and I normally don't read books that often...lol o:)

Why on Gamespot does it say Pcars is out in November for X1 & PS4 but says PC and wii u delayed? I know about the delay for WiiU but not PC. If that's true it's a proper kick in the balls considering it was mostly funded by PC players. Won't be happy if it's true, but it think GS have just messed up. (I hope)

Edit: crap journalism from Gamespot as always.... It's just the Steam OS version that's delayed and the actual PC version comes out at the same time as X1 & PS4.

Going to do another run through my MG games once I've got my Vita. This time, chronologically. Playing MGS3 to pass the time on the PS3 right now, first time since I got my sound system. Never appreciated the ambient sounds until now!

Seen that you can get Dead Nation/Stardust on vita. First two purchases planned! Also going to get Patapon 2 and Peace Walker once Peace Walker goes down in price. Proper looking forward to it.

Hughesy said:
Yea once you have good audio you notice a lot of things you couldn't before in a lot of games. I have Astro a50 headphones which were insanely expensive but worth it, £249!  I'd say I'm an audiophile and always spend a lot on audio :#
So true! When I went from 2.1 to 5.1 surround sound the difference was just wonderful. And then I got my 7.1 headphones and horror games became truly sketchy! To the point that I'd hear something  in game and just have to check behind me to make sure it really was in-game lol.

Hughesy said:
Yea once you have good audio you notice a lot of things you couldn't before in a lot of games. I have Astro a50 headphones which were insanely expensive but worth it, £249!  I'd say I'm an audiophile and always spend a lot on audio :#
So true! When I went from 2.1 to 5.1 surround sound the difference was just wonderful. And then I got my 7.1 headphones and horror games became truly sketchy! To the point that I'd hear something  in game and just have to check behind me to make sure it really was in-game lol.
I find that with my headphones too

@Hughesy Only just found out that Peter Dinklage is the voice of your Ghost in Destiny :D Even more excited for it now :p
Haha that's cool! Not long now until we get to play, and I'm at home all day tomorrow B) I hope you get your preorder on time from Game, as I've had so many late pre ordered games from them. I'll be able to play as soon as I wakeup tomorrow, as it's already on my X1

I'm hoping my preorder is here when I get home @Hughesy :p I got the dispatch e-mail from Game on Thursday so I'm hopeful! If it comes tomorrow then I'll have hardly any time to play it, got an F1 league race tomorrow night.

@couger1981 I'd have done the same, but even then I'd have less than an hour or so to play it with having to be up for work at 7 :p

@Hughesy Just got home, there was a package... It was the right size... It was 2 blu ray's I'd ordered from Amazon last week :( No Destiny :'(
Bet you were screaming like a girl and then..... Ah for fuck sake in a manly voice haha. I just hope it unlocks at midnight in the UK so I can play for a bit before I go to sleep. Did you talk to people when playing the beta? I still haven't got that chat adapter yet, but might go get it tomorrow.

Hughesy said:
@Hughesy Just got home, there was a package... It was the right size... It was 2 blu ray's I'd ordered from Amazon last week :( No Destiny :'(
Bet you were screaming like a girl and then..... Ah for fuck sake in a manly voice haha. I just hope it unlocks at midnight in the UK so I can play for a bit before I go to sleep. Did you talk to people when playing the beta? I still haven't got that chat adapter yet, but might go get it tomorrow.
That's what I'm hoping for with regards the Fifa 15 demo as I hope it comes online so I can download and play a couple of matches before going to bed as well as that is supposed to  go live tomorrow anyway.

Hughesy said:
Haha, no screaming for me, just quiet anticipation :p It should unlock at midnight, I'd be surprised if it didn't dude, let me know how you enjoy it cos I'll still be up for a while after then :)

Nope, there wasn't any chat function enabled on the beta, you had to be in a party to talk to anyone. But you can use the D-pad for waving, saluting, dancing, and sitting down so I just used those lol. I can't say if it'll be in the full game, but it was kinda nice not having it... Though I can see the benefits of putting it in.

• The topic was featured