Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

Hughesy said:
@Hughesy Just got home, there was a package... It was the right size... It was 2 blu ray's I'd ordered from Amazon last week :( No Destiny :'(
Bet you were screaming like a girl and then..... Ah for fuck sake in a manly voice haha. I just hope it unlocks at midnight in the UK so I can play for a bit before I go to sleep. Did you talk to people when playing the beta? I still haven't got that chat adapter yet, but might go get it tomorrow.
Haha, no screaming for me, just quiet anticipation :p It should unlock at midnight, I'd be surprised if it didn't dude, let me know how you enjoy it cos I'll still be up for a while after then :)

Nope, there wasn't any chat function enabled on the beta, you had to be in a party to talk to anyone. But you can use the D-pad for waving, saluting, dancing, and sitting down so I just used those lol. I can't say if it'll be in the full game, but it was kinda nice not having it... Though I can see the benefits of putting it in.
Bet you would have done if it was in there though :p

can't find any info on what time Fifa 15's demo goes up on Origin but I hope it's within the next couple of hours
Last year it didn't go live until the middle of the day as far as I remember. 20mins and I'll hopefully be playing Destiny, yay! 
Still hoping I can get the Thrustmaster TX wheel Friday.

Hughesy said:
can't find any info on what time Fifa 15's demo goes up on Origin but I hope it's within the next couple of hours
Last year it didn't go live until the middle of the day as far as I remember. 20mins and I'll hopefully be playing Destiny, yay! 
Still hoping I can get the Thrustmaster TX wheel Friday.

I don't remember the 14 one but 13 came up pretty promptly I remember that as did 12 I think mind you with it being the first one on PC with the Ignite engine it may take a little longer to set up

Guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope and if it's not online before I go to bed I'll have to wait until the BT guy finishes his work as mum's getting our internet upgraded and then once that's done download it then.

Prawn you sure your not coming down with something? DestinyItus .... Lol. I hope work goes quick for you bud ;)
@sjsharp2010‌  Thanks for telling me bud, I'll probably only play X1 version but my brother will be happy to know the PC demo is out. :)

It won't lol. And then when I get home my league race will drag on just to annoy me!
Today is the only day I've been happy that I can only work part time. Normally though I think to myself I'm only 24 and can only manage part time, sucks when you think of it like that. Totally off-topic but if a certain drug was licensed here like it is in the US I'd be able to work longer hours still. I'm sure Destiny will take my mind off it though. :)

@couger1981 I got to level 8 I think on the beta, but beta progress doesn't carry over so I'll have to start from scratch. Luckily I got extra DLC too so should have some decent weapons to start with :)

@Hughesy I was so tempted to ring in sick today :p Trouble is the boss is out and there's nobody but me in today so I had to come in. I'm more tempted to just not race tonight though lol.

@couger1981 I got to level 8 I think on the beta, but beta progress doesn't carry over so I'll have to start from scratch. Luckily I got extra DLC too so should have some decent weapons to start with :)

@Hughesy I was so tempted to ring in sick today :p Trouble is the boss is out and there's nobody but me in today so I had to come in. I'm more tempted to just not race tonight though lol.
The DLC weapons don't unlock until tomorrow :(

Jus spent ages on live chat with EA as when I played Fifa 15 demo it linked my gamertag to a different email address and you can't unlink it yourself. Not sure why it doesn't let you type your Origin details in on X1 like it did on PS4. When you get it sorted so it's linked to the account you want you lose thinks like Ultimate team and BF points but I'm not sure why. I hope he meant I'd lose any data from the address my X1 linked to, which would be fine as it wasn't an account I'd used anyway...lol. 
Just checking on PS4 now.

Edit: I didn't lose anything from my actual Origin account so that's good, so he must of meant the account that my X1 linked to (which I'd never used before) he must've missed the part where I said it linked to an account I'd never used lol.

Hughesy said:
Prawn you sure your not coming down with something? DestinyItus .... Lol. I hope work goes quick for you bud ;)
@sjsharp2010‌  Thanks for telling me bud, I'll probably only play X1 version but my brother will be happy to know the PC demo is out. :)

PC isn't up yet but the XB1 is. I think the Playstation version is as well now according to twitter for those on PS3/4 Played it a little while before going to bed last night  it's really good. As I'm getting it for both I decided to try on the X box as it was available it is planned to go live today on Origin according to EA they just haven't put it up yet. I want to download and try on my PC as well though given it's the first time Ignite is being used on PC so want to check it on my system it should work given the required specs but then sometimes you just don't know until you try it.

Edit the PS version will go live tommorrow

Go on I dare you :p

Haven't had much time to play Destiny, as I had to cut my dogs hair and then bath him. Knackered now. Also how do I do explore mode so I can do side quests? I still can't figure out how to get the preorder dlc ingame....
figured it out now, man this game is awesome! The graphics are pretty darn good as well. 

Hughesy said:
Haven't had much time to play Destiny, as I had to cut my dogs hair and then bath him. Knackered now. Also how do I do explore mode so I can do side quests? I still can't figure out how to get the preorder dlc ingame....
figured it out now, man this game is awesome! The graphics are pretty darn good as well. 
yeah it looked good when I was watching @justbiglee playing it. It impressed me too just as Titanfall did but I'm more of a solo player guy so I doubt I'd buy it.

Hughesy said:
yeah it looked good when I was watching @justbiglee playing it. It impressed me too just as Titanfall did but I'm more of a solo player guy so I doubt I'd buy it.
I'm the same bud but it feels like a single player game, as you only kill ai. You'll see others roaming around and sometimes the other players come in handy when you're pinned down. 

@sjsharp2010 Even as a single player gamer you'll still enjoy it bud :p The whole single player is pretty much online coop but you aren't forced to interact with anyone and the maps are so big that you forget sometimes there's other players there too lol.
Agree that's  what's really cool about it. Btw you might want to watch a video I just did called "knife to the face" it's just a 30 second clip but the end part is funny, well I thought so anyway lol.

Hughesy said:
@sjsharp2010 Even as a single player gamer you'll still enjoy it bud :p The whole single player is pretty much online coop but you aren't forced to interact with anyone and the maps are so big that you forget sometimes there's other players there too lol.
Agree that's  what's really cool about it. Btw you might want to watch a video I just did called "knife to the face" it's just a 30 second clip but the end part is funny, well I thought so anyway lol.
unfortunately not sure I could afford to be paying for the bills though I'm paying out already for one MMO in the Star Wars old republic game which I hardly ever play anyway although I've been thinking of trying to get back into it.

Hughesy said:
unfortunately not sure I could afford to be paying for the bills though I'm paying out already for one MMO in the Star Wars old republic game which I hardly ever play anyway although I've been thinking of trying to get back into it.
What do you mean paying the bills? It's a one off payment like any other game ie Fifa, it's not subscription based. Unless you mean paying for Xbox Live gold? I just did a 12 month one which is cheaper than a game and means I don't have to worry about it.  B)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
What do you mean paying the bills? It's a one off payment like any other game ie Fifa, it's not subscription based. Unless you mean paying for Xbox Live gold? I just did a 12 month one which is cheaper than a game and means I don't have to worry about it.  B)
A lot of these MMO's are like that though you pay to play them that's the other reason why I generally steer clear of them

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
A lot of these MMO's are like that though you pay to play them that's the other reason why I generally steer clear of them
It's not like other MMO's though. It's basically the same sorta game as Halo, you don't pay monthly or anything like that.

• The topic was featured