Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

@Hughesy I should have just played Destiny. F1 2013 is awful. So so awful. The relief I'm feeling knowing that I only have to do one more race on the atrocity is unbelievable. And after seeing how F1 2014 is basically just 2013 with some new cars thrown in... It could be the first Codemasters F1 game I don't waste my money on.

@Hughesy I should have just played Destiny. F1 2013 is awful. So so awful. The relief I'm feeling knowing that I only have to do one more race on the atrocity is unbelievable. And after seeing how F1 2014 is basically just 2013 with some new cars thrown in... It could be the first Codemasters F1 game I don't waste my money on.
Lol I'll probably still buy it as I'm a sucker for F1 games, but I'll look for a good deal first. Destiny is by far the best next gen games so far imo. Should have the wheel Thursday or Friday so I'll see if I'm faster on Forza 5. I'm so happy I'll have a good wheel for Horizon 2 though, as in the first  one I was using a Fanatec GT2 and it was great fun. I still have that wheel but no pedals as I used the ones from the G27 I sold you. 
Been playing Destiny for hours now and my X1 isn't even hot, if I was playing using PS4 it would be at melting point by now as it gets very hot!

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
@sjsharp2010 Even as a single player gamer you'll still enjoy it bud :p The whole single player is pretty much online coop but you aren't forced to interact with anyone and the maps are so big that you forget sometimes there's other players there too lol.
Agree that's  what's really cool about it. Btw you might want to watch a video I just did called "knife to the face" it's just a 30 second clip but the end part is funny, well I thought so anyway lol.
unfortunately not sure I could afford to be paying for the bills though I'm paying out already for one MMO in the Star Wars old republic game which I hardly ever play anyway although I've been thinking of trying to get back into it.
What do you mean paying the bills? It's a one off payment like any other game ie Fifa, it's not subscription based. Unless you mean paying for Xbox Live gold? I just did a 12 month one which is cheaper than a game and means I don't have to worry about it.  B)
A lot of these MMO's are like that though you pay to play them that's the other reason why I generally steer clear of them
It's not like other MMO's though. It's basically the same sorta game as Halo, you don't pay monthly or anything like that.
well then maybe I'll try it at some stage on PC or something not yet though as I can't afford it right now.

Hughesy said:
Lol I'll probably still buy it as I'm a sucker for F1 games, but I'll look for a good deal first. Destiny is by far the best next gen games so far imo. Should have the wheel Thursday or Friday so I'll see if I'm faster on Forza 5. I'm so happy I'll have a good wheel for Horizon 2 though, as in the first  one I was using a Fanatec GT2 and it was great fun. I still have that wheel but no pedals as I used the ones from the G27 I sold you. 
Been playing Destiny for hours now and my X1 isn't even hot, if I was playing using PS4 it would be at melting point by now as it gets very hot!
I'm a sucker for F1 games, but I'm not a sucker for shit games (other than Aliens:CM. I should have known from those initials it'd be bad)  
Good stuff on the wheel dude :) Not something I'll invest in though! I'm being put off racing games atm, F1 2013 is single handedly ruining any enjoyment I used to get out of them, and right now I'm just hoping FH2 can fix that a bit.
Your X1 doesn't get hot? Mine does... :\ It's not cused any problems or anything, but it definitely gets hot when I'm playing. Just gonna have a quick shower, eat some awesome pink cake, and then I'll be back on Destiny to try and bring me back from the edge of F1 2013 induced suicide!

It gets a little warm but not really hot like my ps4 which gets very hot after 10mins of play. I have my X1 on most of the day as I have Sky plugged into it. You think your X1 gets hot but if you had a PS4 you'd see what I mean, it also is pretty loud when playing games like Killzone :\ I'm taking a short break from Destiny to play Fifa 15 demo as I've been on Destiny for a long time haha, it's such a great game.

Hughesy said:

yeah I agree I'll probably get F1 2014 too but will wait for the steam sales before moving in on it. The only issues I had was with the difficulty on 2013 The classics were good fun and if I do pick up 2013 again it'll most likely be to just play with that tbh. The main reason behind my decision is that it's not worth paying full price for it as  it is effectively a carbon copy of 2013 but with 2014's car liveries and calendar and that could easily been done by a set of modders tbh. The only real positive change from my perspective is they've redone the difficulty settings which hopefully will mean I'll be able to take the fight to the AI again like on the earlier games.

If they didn't change the difficulty back then I'd have definitely said no I'm not buying. The fact they have is the reason that's left me still debating it in my head as I still want to support the series because despite it's flaws it is generally a good fun series kind of like what Fifa is to football. I've always felt that F1 deserves something similar to that given how popular the sport is and it's up to CM to deliver that up until 2013 I thought they had  as I had no problems with the game. I just hope that 2014 although it may be lacking new features at least helps CM get back on the right track although I suspect we'll have to wait for next gen 2015 to judge that. As for awkward games I remember Fifa 2002 having really bad AI to play against so it's not the first time it's happened they just need to make sure they learn from the mistake and don't repeat it.

If I do get 2014, I sure as hell won't be paying full retail price for it either. But the issues for me in 2013, sidepod glitch, bullshit penalties, inconsistent damage system, bollards that ping off normally causing terminal damage, cars duplicating and whizzing about around 1 corner which you then have to dodge every lap, horrible lag even on strong host connection, and on, and on, and on.
I never found the AI to be a problem (other than slowing down to let you pass but doing it right on the bloody apex), but if anything Legend is still too easy. Just next time have AI affected by tyre wear the same way the player is CM? 

For me, the flaws ruin it. I don't have fun playing F1 anymore, I barely practice now before a race and then when I am in a race I just want it to be over so I can do something that won't make me compare how jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge would be somewhat preferable to being on F1 2013.

Any from the looks of it, 2014 will have all of that rubbish still in there. So right now, I'm praying that whatever game it is coming in 2015, it's actually tested, polished, and doesn't have the most fun-sapping bugs and glitches known to F1 gamers. Saying that, it's CM. They can't fix bugs without introducing a new one.

Hughesy said:
Lush on Fifa 15 I can use Kinect to do substitutions without pausing and going through the menus, and change things like tactics on the fly B)  And people said Kinect is useless.

yeah you can do it on Fifa 14 as well doesn't always work that well though as I sometimes have to repeat myself with mine it is a relatively new technology though so it'll take timt to tweak it so it works perfectly even if it is possible. Been playing the PC version had to adjust the TV's settings to tweak it so it looked a bit moer like the Xbox version as I noticed when playing mty PC version the colours looked slightly duller than on my XB1 version.

If I do get 2014, I sure as hell won't be paying full retail price for it either. But the issues for me in 2013, sidepod glitch, bullshit penalties, inconsistent damage system, bollards that ping off normally causing terminal damage, cars duplicating and whizzing about around 1 corner which you then have to dodge every lap, horrible lag even on strong host connection, and on, and on, and on.
I never found the AI to be a problem (other than slowing down to let you pass but doing it right on the bloody apex), but if anything Legend is still too easy. Just next time have AI affected by tyre wear the same way the player is CM? 

For me, the flaws ruin it. I don't have fun playing F1 anymore, I barely practice now before a race and then when I am in a race I just want it to be over so I can do something that won't make me compare how jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge would be somewhat preferable to being on F1 2013.

Any from the looks of it, 2014 will have all of that rubbish still in there. So right now, I'm praying that whatever game it is coming in 2015, it's actually tested, polished, and doesn't have the most fun-sapping bugs and glitches known to F1 gamers. Saying that, it's CM. They can't fix bugs without introducing a new one.

yeah I agree but the Ego engine if I recall was made before CM decided to commit to just doing racing games only as I think the Ego engine was also used on its Operation Flashpoint shooter wasn't it? I'm hoping the fact that their focus is solely on developing racing games will mean an engine that delivers on that withoit too many problems. Hopefully with minimum bugs but we have to expect a glitch here and there regardless of who makes the games.

14 sounds even worse than 13 imo and there'll probably be no patches for bugs either. It literally looks like the game took about a week to make. 

Probably did.

@RevolvingPrawn‌  I'm already faster on Forza with my Tx wheel after a few laps. I almost beat your time at Spa using a high downforce setup. Going to try low df now :)  

Edit: Smashed your time by 2 seconds, so I'm about 3 seconds faster already than I was with a controller 
B) Told you I'd be quicker once I had a wheel. 

Far as I remember I didn't use a setup at Spa :p Once the Destiny high wears off though then I'll have a go at it :)
My point was I used Full downforce and still matched your time even though I was very slow down the straights. I should be able to give you a good race now, and maybe even beat you :o I knew I'd be a lot faster with a wheel as before my X1 I hadn't used a controller for racing since the 360 was released. I'm so glad I can use my T500rs pedals though, as the ones that came with the Tx are cheap and nasty. It's also good that I can use my addon wheels like the F1 one.

The FFB is lighter but maybe more detailed than the T500, which means I can use it longer as my arms don't get as tired. I'll be going to back to play Destiny in a bit though lol. I'm glad I've got a wheel for Horizon 2 now. :)

You still bought NHL when most of the modes/content  is missing from the previous version :o I haven't played a hockey game since the N64 days, and I only bought that because you could start fights. B)

I'm really annoyed that GTA for PC isn't coming out until the end of January when all along they said it was to be released at the same time as next gen, sales padding me thinks :\

Hughesy said:
You still bought NHL when most of the modes/content  is missing from the previous version :o I haven't played a hockey game since the N64 days, and I only bought that because you could start fights. B)

I'm really annoyed that GTA for PC isn't coming out until the end of January when all along they said it was to be released at the same time as next gen, sales padding me thinks :\
tbh I didn't really know there's anything missing from the game and I never bought last years version. I'm finding it a thoroughly enjoyable game for what It has got currently top of my division 2nd in the Western Conference playing as the  LA Kings only lost 3 games so far won all the rest. TBH I only really play the career/league part of the game anyway and don't follow the game that closely anyway was really just looking to get an extra game for my XB1 and I enjoy playing NHL now and then on the consoles that's why I bought it. BTW there's fights in NHL 15 too as I've had a few already. B)

AMS97KRR said:
I think all CM did for 2014 was re model the cars, do the liveries and the new track and that's about it.
Did it take you this long to work that out bud?  :p  Ages ago they said it's in the contract to release a new game every year. I think they couldn't get the next gen version finished on time, so just  released F1 13 again to satisfy the contract agreement. It's pathetic really. Every year they release a game with more  major bugs, and when they patch it more game braking bugs appear. Is it a coincidence that the quality of their games went down when a lot of the devs left to make a new studio "Playground Games" as it certainly seems that way...

AMS97KRR said:
I think all CM did for 2014 was re model the cars, do the liveries and the new track and that's about it.
I agree I want to race the Red Bull and the Sochi Track in Russia looks like an interesting challenge but I'm not paying full price for effectively what is a carbon copy of 2013 to do it. That's why I've made my decision to wait for the Steam sales and buy it then as it'll be cheaper and can maybe justify buying it then especially as there are other games I'm looking to get.

Hughesy said:
Microsoft just bought Minecraft!

well they did recently release it for XB1 I believe I haven't got it though as it's not really a game I was looking to get anyway. Maybe later on but right now I'm just waiting for the main attractions to start rolling in given it's not much longer :D
That's got nothing to do with it bud as it's also on PS4 ;)

So lets play Microsoft Minecraft with my Facebook Oculus Rift whilst streaming on Amazon's Twitch, to which I will later upload onto Google's Youtube. Am I the only one uncomfortable with these big companies expanding even further and further?

What next? Steam computers? Apple making watches? Amazon Phone? Google Cars? Surely you jest...... oh wait....

• The topic was featured