Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

I'm loving Horizon 2. It feels much closer to Forza 5 than I thought it would. One thing that I don't like, you can look behind.... Feels really good using my Thrustmaster TX though, the ffb is very good. Also "surprisingly" it feels really smooth even though it's only 30fps, must be magic haha.

Hughesy said:
I'm loving Horizon 2. It feels much closer to Forza 5 than I thought it would. One thing that I don't like, you can look behind.... Feels really good using my Thrustmaster TX though, the ffb is very good. Also "surprisingly" it feels really smooth even though it's only 30fps, must be magic haha.

sounds promising may well have to give it a try myself

Mans gotta save himself some money where he can eh?

Any takers on Destiny then?

I can solve your problem. Don't sell Destiny, play it, love it. Don't buy FIFA or Madden, they won't be as good.
it's only not as good if you prefer Destiny over Fifa or Madden. I'm suer Destiny is a good game but if it were me I'd choose Fifa and Madden although personally I'm not really into American football I prefer the round ball game

Hughesy said:

downloaded the demo and you're right it definetly feels like Forza 5. Racing through the bushes and trying to spot the checkpoints is quite hard but otherwise it's good fun.

Hughesy said:

downloaded the demo and you're right it definetly feels like Forza 5. Racing through the bushes and trying to spot the checkpoints is quite hard but otherwise it's good fun.
Yea that's been brought up a lot on the Forza forums. They need to make the smoke rise up further when in fields, as like you said they're hard to see.
Did you or @RevolvingPrawn notice if the Horizon 2 demo used the impulse triggers? Doesn't bother me now as I'll be using my wheel, but I would be shocked if it didn't considering it's a first party game.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Yea that's been brought up a lot on the Forza forums. They need to make the smoke rise up further when in fields, as like you said they're hard to see.
Did you or @RevolvingPrawn notice if the Horizon 2 demo used the impulse triggers? Doesn't bother me now as I'll be using my wheel, but I would be shocked if it didn't considering it's a first party game.
yeah uses the same control system as Forza 5 I noticed that too. Dosen't bother me too much either as I don't really play many racing games on console anyway I mostly save those for PC. Mostly I play games like FIFA/NHL/NBA games on the console and I also play tennis and golf games too. Unfortunately golf/tennis haven't got any yet but I do know there are some on the way.

Hughesy said:
I didn't realise we get access to Halo 5 beta when we preorder The Master Chief collection, such a great value bundle  :D
Indeed I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it too one of the main reasons why I made the choice to switch to the XB1 was the Master chief collection played Halo's 1 and 2 on PC but I've always wanted to get into the Halo's just been on the wrong machine to do it. Glad I've got the chance now though to enjoy them.

Hughesy said:
I didn't realise we get access to Halo 5 beta when we preorder The Master Chief collection, such a great value bundle  :D
Indeed I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it too one of the main reasons why I made the choice to switch to the XB1 was the Master chief collection played Halo's 1 and 2 on PC but I've always wanted to get into the Halo's just been on the wrong machine to do it. Glad I've got the chance now though to enjoy them.
Forgot to mention this earlier but apparently all  4 games in the pack have received an upgrade to next gen levels in terms of the graphics according to what I read on Digital Spy although 3 & 4 are only minor upgrades they've all  been upgraded

Hughesy said:
Forgot to mention this earlier but apparently all  4 games in the pack have received an upgrade to next gen levels in terms of the graphics according to what I read on Digital Spy although 3 & 4 are only minor upgrades they've all  been upgraded
Yes they have bud, that's the whole idea of re releasing old games ;) Nobody would want to play them if they still had the same graphics from when they were released on the first Xbox.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Yes they have bud, that's the whole idea of re releasing old games ;) Nobody would want to play them if they still had the same graphics from when they were released on the first Xbox.
I know it just makes things even sweeter though and worth getting even more.

Hughesy said:
Can someone  tell me what you actually do in Mincraft? Never played it but was thinking about buying the X1 version. I know you build stuff but else can you do? Lol I haven't a clue and want to know why it's so popular.
It's one huge sand-box survival. The objective, don't let the monsters kill you. You can then do whatever you like, gather resources, build whatever you feel like. There's an achievement tree and some bosses to give you some structure. Best played on a server with a few friends.

Platy said:
The X1 version is missing a lot of features compared to the PC version, just be aware of that before you buy.
With Microsoft in charge, it wont be long until the opposite is true. Also, there may well be X1 exclusive updates, DLC, no more mods and a ban on the youtube community. The game could be ruined!

It wouldn't bother me as I've never played it, so I wouldn't know any difference. I'm struggling to use a mouse at the moment due to spasms which is why I'd prefer to get the X1 version. I wish there was a demo for it on X1 so I could get a feeling of what it's like.

Platy said:
The X1 version is missing a lot of features compared to the PC version, just be aware of that before you buy.
With Microsoft in charge, it wont be long until the opposite is true. Also, there may well be X1 exclusive updates, DLC, no more mods and a ban on the youtube community. The game could be ruined!
I doubt even Microsoft are dumb enough to ruin one of the biggest PC games ever.

Maybe if they work on a Minecraft 2 then the X1 version will be much more similar to the PC version. Perhaps it'll be better optimised too!

Fanatec are making a new wheel called the clubsport v2. Only a select amount of people get the chance to buy it via invite at first. I'm one of them but I won't be buying another Fantect wheel. If anyone wants the code once I get it then feel free to ask, but it'll probably cost a lot. Also it won't work right away with next gen, but they are  making rims for it at some point so that it will (I'm not sure why a different rim will make it compatible) maybe they put a special chip in them so that they work.

You should go back and finish it. :p. 

Just finishing a final play through of MGS:3 to platinum it. Given up trying with MGS2...the VR mission for holding up is just too difficult without pressure sensitive controls ala the PS2 controller. It just doesn't work well enough :/.

Its the square button. In the final set of VR missions, you have to play as MGS1 snake with a m4 that has bullets. Back in the PS2 days, lightly holding the square button would bring the gun up to aim with, and significant pressure would fire it. With the ps3 controller, there difference between the two is really small and on the highest difficulty (which is MGS1 Snake) its almost impossible :(. Got to level 3 and just can't do it without being caught (which instantly ends the mission).

Herby007 said:
Its the square button. In the final set of VR missions, you have to play as MGS1 snake with a m4 that has bullets. Back in the PS2 days, lightly holding the square button would bring the gun up to aim with, and significant pressure would fire it. With the ps3 controller, there difference between the two is really small and on the highest difficulty (which is MGS1 Snake) its almost impossible :(. Got to level 3 and just can't do it without being caught (which instantly ends the mission).
Ah I do remember that, I just thought my ps2 controller was broken....lol o:)

@RevolvingPrawn‌ What did you think of the Horizon 2 demo then? I'm really excited about it now. Physics are much more sim like than the first game. Still think the map is going to be a bit small especially compared to The Crew, but it's a much more detailed world and has better physics compared to that game (beta) I'm looking forward to both though.

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ What did you think of the Horizon 2 demo then? I'm really excited about it now. Physics are much more sim like than the first game. Still think the map is going to be a bit small especially compared to The Crew, but it's a much more detailed world and has better physics compared to that game (beta) I'm looking forward to both though.
Thanks for the comments on FH2.

Was going to try to make it to eurogamer to see this and pcars but work gets in the way as usual.

Still undecided, although the reviews of FH2 seem great. Let's see what happens with Driveclub ...

@RevolvingPrawn‌  Could you hear the talking at the start of the H2 demo? There seems to be problems when played through the TV, I use headphones and it works fine. I'm asking this as on the H2 forum people don't hear them, all are using TV but everyone using headphones like me hear all the audio....lol

Hughesy said:
Bloody hell why am I so unlucky with tech :# The fan on my X1 is starting to make a chirping sound :s
Don't worry about too much dude, mine's been making a light hissing/scratchy type of noise since the day I got it and it's been ok :) Plus the PSU for mine has made a similar noise since then too, but again I just ignore it now.

• The topic was featured