Jump to content Jump to content

SynGamer said:
Platy said:

I may get Project CARS on PC, need a good multiplayer racing game.

Seeing as I have a laptop, I may pick that up for the PS4. I don't have a racing game for the PS4 currently, and even when Driveclub comes out, I'm not hearing very good things about it.

Can't wait for DriveClub looks great so far :)

Hughesy said:

Do you have an Xbox One then bud? If so can I have your gamer tag so I can add you when I get my replacement x1 

I do indeed :) Gamertag is R3volvingPrawn. It used to be without the '3' and with 50,000+ gamerscore, but Microsofts accounts system is retarded!

Glad you're getting a replacement though, usually ShopTo are spot on for checking them thoroughly :/

Yes it is retarded, I've started a new profile as well. How can Shopto check them? They're not meant to open them I thought.  Can't actually remember my tag but will add you Monday. Got a great deal IMO from them though, £399 with Kinect and Forza 5. If I bought the one without Kinect it would've only been around £10 cheaper with Forza 5, so thought might as well get Kinect.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Do you have an Xbox One then bud? If so can I have your gamer tag so I can add you when I get my replacement x1 

I do indeed :) Gamertag is R3volvingPrawn. It used to be without the '3' and with 50,000+ gamerscore, but Microsofts accounts system is retarded!

Glad you're getting a replacement though, usually ShopTo are spot on for checking them thoroughly :/

Yes it is retarded, I've started a new profile as well. How can Shopto check them? They're not meant to open them I thought.  Can't actually remember my tag but will add you Monday. Got a great deal IMO from them though, £399 with Kinect and Forza 5. If I bought the one without Kinect it would've only been around £10 cheaper with Forza 5, so thought might as well get Kinect.

Awesome :) You fancy joining the league I'm in for some Forza races? Next planned one is Bathurst 1000 on August 3rd, we've just recently done Le Mans and 1976 F1 Nurburgring races too and there's still space to get involved bud :)

They check any electronic device they have when somebody trades it in. So your Xbox will have been tested in store to make sure it works, but they may not have tried it with a game. I've traded a tablet, a monitor, and a few things I can't remember and after I handed them over they always asked me to come back in 30 mins or so to finish off the transaction because they'll have tested it by then.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Awesome :) You fancy joining the league I'm in for some Forza races? Next planned one is Bathurst 1000 on August 3rd, we've just recently done Le Mans and 1976 F1 Nurburgring races too and there's still space to get involved bud :)

They check any electronic device they have when somebody trades it in. So your Xbox will have been tested in store to make sure it works, but they may not have tried it with a game. I've traded a tablet, a monitor, and a few things I can't remember and after I handed them over they always asked me to come back in 30 mins or so to finish off the transaction because they'll have tested it by then.

Yea sounds fun bud but I will be rubbish as I haven't used a controller for a racing sim in years. Stupid that I can't use my t500rs but can use the pedals...lol

The Xbox One is new so there's no way they could've checked it and was bought online, I didn't even know they had an actual store.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Yea sounds fun bud but I will be rubbish as I haven't used a controller for a racing sim in years. Stupid that I can't use my t500rs but can use the pedals...lol

The Xbox One is new so there's no way they could've checked it and was bought online, I didn't even know they had an actual store.

Stupid indeed! I wish I could use the G27 I bought from you :( You'll be fine though, Forza with an Xbox One controller is awesome! The impulse triggers are a massive help!

My bad! I thought we were talking about CeX :p If you got one with a faulty disc drive then it could be one from the fist few batches. The later made ones shouldn't have that problem :)

Haha no worries. I was really looking forward to using the new controller, I thought the ps4 controller was awesome but after holding the x1 pad it's even better and feels nice in your hands. I've heard great things about the impulse triggers so looking forward to using it. 

When I was setting up my x1 before realising  it was broken,  kinect picked up my pillow as a person...haha but was probably because the room was dark

Hughesy said:

Haha no worries. I was really looking forward to using the new controller, I thought the ps4 controller was awesome but after holding the x1 pad it's even better and feels nice in your hands. I've heard great things about the impulse triggers so looking forward to using it. 

When I was setting up my x1 before realising  it was broken,  kinect picked up my pillow as a person...haha but was probably because the room was dark

The new controller is a huge improvement bud :) Using a 360 controller just feels wrong now compared to it. You'll love the impulse triggers, they work so well with Forza. I'm kinda annoyed that not that many games are really using em yet, but Watch Dogs, when you fire a gun on that, you can feel a big different between each one just from the triggers. Like firing a silent pistol gives you a small quick kick on the right trigger, but firing a shotgun gives you a major, loose kick on the right trigger. Takes ages to get used to but it changes things for the better!

Had similar things happen lol. It's picked up part of my wall as a person before on a well lit day. I couldn't help but think maybe a ghost was standing there...

fIsince08 said:
Anyone with Grid Autosport, how do I access the black edition stuff once I've downloaded it?

@Loore?

I don't have the Black edition but based on what I've read on the grid forum's you have to earn enough credits in online races to buy the car. As for the liveries I think they're available through the custom cup but I'm not 100% sure on this. The black edition stuff is primarily multiplayer stuff not single player. This is why I decided to stick to the standard edition rather than the special black one.

I need some good online racing. Assetto Corsa is a way off having it and Project CARS is ages away. Only other option is Race07, but that's a bit quiet these days. If I wanted to waste money I'd get iRacing but I guess I'm just going to have to wait.

Platy said:

I need some good online racing. Assetto Corsa is a way off having it and Project CARS is ages away. Only other option is Race07, but that's a bit quiet these days. If I wanted to waste money I'd get iRacing but I guess I'm just going to have to wait.

If you can wait a bit, I'll probably be winning my iGP league this season and you can have my prize code for iRacing as I won't use it.

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:

If you can wait a bit, I'll probably be winning my iGP league this season and you can have my prize code for iRacing as I won't use it.

Cheers. iRacing is probably a great game, but it's expensive unless you put all your free time into it.

Iracing is fun every once in a while, but as you move up the classes you've got to buy some cars and tracks to get good use out of it.

They aren't cheap, cars are $11.95 and tracks $14.95. I'm at the stage now when I gotta look at buying some things....Ain't gonna happen

• UP100 featured this topic