Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:

Haha no worries. I was really looking forward to using the new controller, I thought the ps4 controller was awesome but after holding the x1 pad it's even better and feels nice in your hands. I've heard great things about the impulse triggers so looking forward to using it. 

When I was setting up my x1 before realising  it was broken,  kinect picked up my pillow as a person...haha but was probably because the room was dark

The new controller is a huge improvement bud :) Using a 360 controller just feels wrong now compared to it. You'll love the impulse triggers, they work so well with Forza. I'm kinda annoyed that not that many games are really using em yet, but Watch Dogs, when you fire a gun on that, you can feel a big different between each one just from the triggers. Like firing a silent pistol gives you a small quick kick on the right trigger, but firing a shotgun gives you a major, loose kick on the right trigger. Takes ages to get used to but it changes things for the better!

Had similar things happen lol. It's picked up part of my wall as a person before on a well lit day. I couldn't help but think maybe a ghost was standing there...

Just got the replacement x1 and it's working this time, yay!     Just sent you a friend request, it's xTheRealHughesy

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Haha no worries. I was really looking forward to using the new controller, I thought the ps4 controller was awesome but after holding the x1 pad it's even better and feels nice in your hands. I've heard great things about the impulse triggers so looking forward to using it. 

When I was setting up my x1 before realising  it was broken,  kinect picked up my pillow as a person...haha but was probably because the room was dark

The new controller is a huge improvement bud :) Using a 360 controller just feels wrong now compared to it. You'll love the impulse triggers, they work so well with Forza. I'm kinda annoyed that not that many games are really using em yet, but Watch Dogs, when you fire a gun on that, you can feel a big different between each one just from the triggers. Like firing a silent pistol gives you a small quick kick on the right trigger, but firing a shotgun gives you a major, loose kick on the right trigger. Takes ages to get used to but it changes things for the better!

Had similar things happen lol. It's picked up part of my wall as a person before on a well lit day. I couldn't help but think maybe a ghost was standing there...

Just got the replacement x1 and it's working this time, yay!     Just sent you a friend request, it's xTheRealHughesy

Hope you enjoy it. :D

I am bud. One minute it was 6pm the next its 9:30pm... Forza 5 is fantastic! Wasn't sure how good it would feel as I'm using a pad instead of a ffb wheel for the first time in years but with these special triggers it gives you a surprising amount of detail, something the ps4 pad won't be able to do. 

I can actually enjoy the racing a lot more now as using a wheel gives me a lot of pain so now I can race for a lot longer. :D  The x1 is silent unlike the ps4 (especially Killzone makes ps4 loud) so that's a plus.  Both of the next gen consoles have pros and cons and are equally good.

Hughesy said:

I am bud. One minute it was 6pm the next its 9:30pm... Forza 5 is fantastic! Wasn't sure how good it would feel as I'm using a pad instead of a ffb wheel for the first time in years but with these special triggers it gives you a surprising amount of detail, something the ps4 pad won't be able to do. 

I can actually enjoy the racing a lot more now as using a wheel gives me a lot of pain so now I can race for a lot longer. :D  The x1 is silent unlike the ps4 (especially Killzone makes ps4 loud) so that's a plus.  Both of the next gen consoles have pros and cons and are equally good.

well  they do say that time flies when you're having fun so that's good
Hughesy said:

Meant to ask before, did you go for the one without Kinect?

Thought you'd like the triggers ;) Glad you're enjoying it bud!

No I didn't as there wasn't a bundle with Forza included with non Kinect version. Buying the game separate with non version would've only been about £10 cheaper so thought I might as well get it with Kinect being as it wasn't much more.

Hughesy said:

No I didn't as there wasn't a bundle with Forza included with non Kinect version. Buying the game separate with non version would've only been about £10 cheaper so thought I might as well get it with Kinect being as it wasn't much more.

Fair shout :) Good choice too I'd say. The Kinect gets a fair bit of bashing, but the voice controls can actually come in pretty handy! Especially in Ryse... "FIIIIIIRE!"

If you hadn't bought the one with Kinect, I'd have told you that CeX sell them for £20 so if you had wanted one eventually they're cheap  :)

Cheers anyway bud.  It's a bit unfair all the bashing Kinect gets, I think it's just the cool thing to do now (one person moans then most jump on the hate bandwagon) It's a decent bit of tech imo.

On Forza 5 do you use sim or normal steering? When using a wheel on F4 I used sim, but using that setting when using a controller on F5 it feels very twitchy so I use normal at the moment.

Up until now I've always stuck with the Playstation but I've got to say I'm really tempted to go with the Xbox one this time around Mostly because I use an Xbox controller for Windows on my PC when playing games like Fifa and I find it much easier than the Playstation controller. That plus the fact I don't think it'll matter which way I turn as neither are backwards compatible anyway. So would need to keep my PS3 for those games anyway even if I did get a PS4
Hughesy said:

I'm using normal steering with all assist off using manual gears. Yea should be good enough to race Sunday, what time do you start? 

Awesome :) Everything you need to know is in the Vortex Racing Leagues link in my sig, if you make an account there, head into the Forza Paddock and say that you wanna race. N3R0 runs the Forza area, but I'll vouch for you, plus the whole of VRL is run by @PeteTheDuck and both @Matthew77258 and @mike96 are admins so all should be cool :)

All my friends are PS4 bound, as am I! Couldn't imagine myself getting an Xbox.

I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, pretty much everything I have is Sony

#SonyLoyal

same here really I've had all the PS consoles 1-3 but I only really play sports games on console these days like Fifa  or Topspin or PGA tour games like that sports games that don't always get a PC release or just generally work better on console. I just find with my disability the Xbox pad easier to use than the playstation mostly because of the analogue sticks and D-pad aer in different areas of the controllers. I find trying to stretch my hand over 2 analogue sticks a little tricky. I do have an X box type controller for the PS3 but I doubt it would be compatible with the PS4 which is another reason why I'm considering the switch. I'm not really much for shooters but I've always been tempted to play the Halo series too, and I've just seen on Amazon that their releasing the whole series in one pack for the XB1 which certainly caught my eye. I'll almost certainly keep my PS3 for the PS games I have, I'm just thinking to myself after giving it some thought would be better to go Xbox rather than PS4.

#SonyLoyal

same here really I've had all the PS consoles 1-3 but I only really play sports games on console these days like Fifa  or Topspin or PGA tour games like that sports games that don't always get a PC release or just generally work better on console. I just find with my disability the Xbox pad easier to use than the playstation mostly because of the analogue sticks and D-pad aer in different areas of the controllers. I find trying to stretch my hand over 2 analogue sticks a little tricky. I do have an X box type controller for the PS3 but I doubt it would be compatible with the PS4 which is another reason why I'm considering the switch. I'm not really much for shooters but I've always been tempted to play the Halo series too, and I've just seen on Amazon that their releasing the whole series in one pack for the XB1 which certainly caught my eye. I'll almost certainly keep my PS3 for the PS games I have, I'm just thinking to myself after giving it some thought would be better to go Xbox rather than PS4.

Used both controllers and prefer the PS ones, nothing particularly wrong with the Xbox controller, just prefer the PS controller as its what I'm used to. But I guess for you its a case of what controller makes it playable

Actually prefer the DS3 over the DS4, way more comfortable and easy to use.

#SonyLoyal

Used both controllers and prefer the PS ones, nothing particularly wrong with the Xbox controller, just prefer the PS controller as its what I'm used to. But I guess for you its a case of what controller makes it playable

Actually prefer the DS3 over the DS4, way more comfortable and easy to use.

I just find having the D-pad a bit lower for me is moer helpful as I tend to use it as my main directional control rather than the stick as I find those sticks fiddly to use. Have done ever since they were introduced back on the PS2. Fortunately though these days most if not all games have custom control capabilities which does give some room to maneuvuer given I prefer the D-pad over the sticks.

• UP100 featured this topic