Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:

The tyre wear is fine for human players but it doesn't seem to affect the ai in the same way... I don't think Codemasters has ever been able to get ai simulation to work as it should in the F1 series imo.

I agree it's possible some of that maybe down to console limitations though they've pretty much stretched the consoles to their limits though I think in the last couple of years they've even said it.
fIsince08 said:

I've decided when I can afford it I'm going to get F1 2014. I'm fed up of the tyre wear on 2013.

I'm still not 100% on whether I'll get 2014 or not the 2015 game will almost certainly be a yes given it's next gen. I'm tempted to get 2014 given they've rebalanced the difficulties but as I said I'm not entirely sure. I'm hoping that the career mode refinements aren't just an option to have shorter seasons and that there's more to it than that. But I am worried though that could well be all they have done.

Hughesy said:

The tyre wear is fine for human players but it doesn't seem to affect the ai in the same way... I don't think Codemasters has ever been able to get ai simulation to work as it should in the F1 series imo.

I agree it's possible some of that maybe down to console limitations though they've pretty much stretched the consoles to their limits though I think in the last couple of years they've even said it.
fIsince08 said:

I've decided when I can afford it I'm going to get F1 2014. I'm fed up of the tyre wear on 2013.

I'm still not 100% on whether I'll get 2014 or not the 2015 game will almost certainly be a yes given it's next gen. I'm tempted to get 2014 given they've rebalanced the difficulties but as I said I'm not entirely sure. I'm hoping that the career mode refinements aren't just an option to have shorter seasons and that there's more to it than that. But I am worried though that could well be all they have done.

But I won't be getting 2015, there's no way I can afford a next gen console as I want a car, 2014, new phone and I'd like a new Sunderland strip too.

Has anyone played Max: The Curse Of Brotherhood? I got it free with Xbox Live on X1. It's not normally the type of game I would pickup but thought I'd try it. It's actually pretty fun to play but I haven't got too far yet. Your only weapon is a magic pen (not sure if you get anything else yet) which you use to make me platforms and have to judge how large to do it to first be able to jump on it and at the same time high enough to get t the next part.

As you can tell I'm not great at explaining stuff but if you Xbox Live then you might want to try it as it's free, it's certainly a change of pace to the games I normally play.

fIsince08 said:

Hughesy said:

fIsince08 said:

But I won't be getting 2015, there's no way I can afford a next gen console as I want a car, 2014, new phone and I'd like a new Sunderland strip too.

I suppose that's fair enough if you have other priorities that's part of the reason why I'm a little hesitant myself on 2014 given I haven't got my next gen console yet but fingers crossed I'm hoping within the next week or 2 I will. Just depends on whether I buy the console from a shop or from an online retailer but I'd rather do it from a shop though and seeing as I've got a chiropodist appointment next week I think I may ask mum who's my carer to take me to the shop to get my XB1. I've already ordered Fifa 14 and Forza 5 for it as I chose those games to get me up and running as I ordered those once my debit card was fixed along with a couple of cables and a charge kit for the controller.

SynGamer said:

Really enjoying Infamous: Second Son on the PS4. Not sure how many hours I've put into this, but I must be getting close to 10. 

It's a great game isn't it, it's much more enjoyable than the last two. I love the neon powers as you can zoom about and the special power move is awesome although it almost feels like cheating. It's a very addictive game and at last the graphics are pretty good, the last gen versions hurt my eyes.

Had my first online league race on Forza 5 and came 3rd!  B) it's been a long time since I last raced online and a very long time since joining a league, it was good fun. The last online race I did was with Platy on Race 07 which was ages ago.

Hughesy said:

Had my first online league race on Forza 5 and came 3rd!  B) it's been a long time since I last raced online and a very long time since joining a league, it was good fun. The last online race I did was with Platy on Race 07 which was ages ago.

I won it  B)

You did damn good though Hughesy, glad you enjoyed yourself :)

Hughesy said:

I won it  B)

Wait, you were watching the world cup? :p

Hughesy said:

I won it  B)

can't wait to start playing that myself I've ordered that as one of my first games for my XB1

Hughesy said:

I won it  B)

And he even had a hangover ...

Hehe o:) Got his racing excuse in early.  I probably could've finished quicker but was just making sure I didn't spin during the race, especially as I was comfortable in 4th as the next guy behind was pretty far back. I then  pretty much stole 3rd due to what happened to you guys at the front. Lol

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

I won it  B)

And he even had a hangover ...

Hehe o:) Got his racing excuse in early.  I probably could've finished quicker but was just making sure I didn't spin during the race, especially as I was comfortable in 4th as the next guy behind was pretty far back. I then  pretty much stole 3rd due to what happened to you guys at the front. Lol

maybe once you get more comfortable with the game you'll feel you can push more and be pushing for the win.

Got my games and other bits and pieces now just need a Homeplug and the console itself then I'm ready to go B)

I'm sure you'll love the X1 and even though Forza was rushed out to be a release day game it's still awesome. Each car is really detailed, and even though there's a lot less cars & tracks it's still awesome. I'm not sure how 200+ cars isn't very many for some people, I prefer each car to be really detailed inside and out unlike GT6 where many cars are ported from GT3&4 just so they can say they have 1000s of cars. 

Most people wont own more than a 100 cars unless they set out to collect them all. I myself only bought around 70 cars in Forza 4 so 200+ in 5 is fine in my book.

Hughesy said:

I'm sure you'll love the X1 and even though Forza was rushed out to be a release day game it's still awesome. Each car is really detailed, and even though there's a lot less cars & tracks it's still awesome. I'm not sure how 200+ cars isn't very many for some people, I prefer each car to be really detailed inside and out unlike GT6 where many cars are ported from GT3&4 just so they can say they have 1000s of cars. 

Most people wont own more than a 100 cars unless they set out to collect them all. I myself only bought around 70 cars in Forza 4 so 200+ in 5 is fine in my book.

Yeah I heard there was only about 15/16 tracks or something whereas most racing games generally have 20 or more. Or if they are limited for tracks then like Autosport they split them into different layouts and call them different names like Yas Marina Championship circuit instead of GP circuit which refers to the F1 layout. Besides given it was built around being a release day game as it was I believe it was designed around showing what the console can do rather than showing off loads of features. Future games on the console will be the other way round have moer features as people will be moer aware what the console can do by then.

• UP100 featured this topic