Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Had my first online league race on Forza 5 and came 3rd!  B) it's been a long time since I last raced online and a very long time since joining a league, it was good fun. The last online race I did was with Platy on Race 07 which was ages ago.

I won it  B)

You did damn good though Hughesy, glad you enjoyed yourself :)

And he even had a hangover ...

Hehe o:) Got his racing excuse in early.  I probably could've finished quicker but was just making sure I didn't spin during the race, especially as I was comfortable in 4th as the next guy behind was pretty far back. I then  pretty much stole 3rd due to what happened to you guys at the front. Lol

I'm thinking I'll try to be hungover for the next race too ;)

I'm still pretty annoyed about what happened on the last lap. Completely unnecessary and spiteful of him :\ Have you seen N3R0's footage btw dude? It was AdzS you nearly hit, and you stole 3rd with about a second to spare :p 

This is what happened at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13z5PbLc2Ag&list=UUb6uuY6TjCBoDFQTIwJrSbA

Platy said:

I had a bunch of races online on Race 07 this weekend. Really missed the thrill of online racing, lots of servers up atm so everyone should try it out one evening.

I've been thinking about installing that and GTR Evo again lately. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up Project Cars this Fall so I should probably try to get back into the sim-racing mode.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Had my first online league race on Forza 5 and came 3rd!  B) it's been a long time since I last raced online and a very long time since joining a league, it was good fun. The last online race I did was with Platy on Race 07 which was ages ago.

I won it  B)

Hehe o:) Got his racing excuse in early.  I probably could've finished quicker but was just making sure I didn't spin during the race, especially as I was comfortable in 4th as the next guy behind was pretty far back. I then  pretty much stole 3rd due to what happened to you guys at the front. Lol

I'm still pretty annoyed about what happened on the last lap. Completely unnecessary and spiteful of him :\ Have you seen N3R0's footage btw dude? It was AdzS you nearly hit, and you stole 3rd with about a second to spare :p 

So he nearly ruined my race as well then.  For some reason the video doesn't show up on my tablet, it's just blank. If I'd  known I stole it with a second to spare then I would've let him have it, but as I wasn't invited to group chat I didn't know. Lol

Doesn't show on my Xbox One either for some reason....

Just using the smartglass app for the first time and it's very nice. Makes typing messages to mate on Live much easier and quicker.

Edit: I can see it using my pc, why does N3R0 using the driving line in braking zones why he's clearly a fast racer?

I just watched the end part and feel bad now, I thought it was a car a lap behind and was probably less than a second from the line. Can't believe what adz did though...

SynGamer said:
Platy said:

I had a bunch of races online on Race 07 this weekend. Really missed the thrill of online racing, lots of servers up atm so everyone should try it out one evening.

I've been thinking about installing that and GTR Evo again lately. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up Project Cars this Fall so I should probably try to get back into the sim-racing mode.

You should get some online practice in on Race 07. Good community sometimes, plus you can get used to the constant ramming from people who can't drive like I'm sure PCars will be filled with. 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

I won it  B)

So he nearly ruined my race as well then.  For some reason the video doesn't show up on my tablet, it's just blank. If I'd  known I stole it with a second to spare then I would've let him have it, but as I wasn't invited to group chat I didn't know. Lol

Doesn't show on my Xbox One either for some reason....

Just using the smartglass app for the first time and it's very nice. Makes typing messages to mate on Live much easier and quicker.

Edit: I can see it using my pc, why does N3R0 using the driving line in braking zones why he's clearly a fast racer?

I just watched the end part and feel bad now, I thought it was a car a lap behind and was probably less than a second from the line. Can't believe what adz did though...

and I thought I was a bad driver :p

turned out mum had a spare homeplug so will use that so all I need now is the console itself which I've just ordered :D something to really look forward too.

Any ToCA Race Driver 3 players here? Bloody love that game, the online was great, loads of cars, loads of tracks and career mode was excellent. Only problem is that the AI didn't suffer from terminal damage like you did, which totally ruins the open wheel stuff where a slight crash can take you out while the AI just carry on.

Mexicola said:
Any ToCA Race Driver 3 players here? Bloody love that game, the online was great, loads of cars, loads of tracks and career mode was excellent. Only problem is that the AI didn't suffer from terminal damage like you did, which totally ruins the open wheel stuff where a slight crash can take you out while the AI just carry on.

I loved that game too. It's been so long since I played it though. I actually tried to find it the other week but I don't know where it is. Maybe I stupidly sold it. But yeah, I just love the fact there are so many real world race tracks, and loads of cars, great career mode. Why can't the new GRID games have that many tracks. It would be awesome.

Mexicola said:

I loved that game too. It's been so long since I played it though. I actually tried to find it the other week but I don't know where it is. Maybe I stupidly sold it. But yeah, I just love the fact there are so many real world race tracks, and loads of cars, great career mode. Why can't the new GRID games have that many tracks. It would be awesome.

Yeah I had and enjoyed those games too I only got rid of mine because it wouldn't work any more

Yea you'll have to let it install the game first (like Forza 5) which takes longer than a pc game. It does let you play before it's finished but will stop you playing if you get to a part that's not finished. I just let it install completely. I think for Forza it was downloading an update at the same time which is why it took so long.

Hughesy said:

Yea you'll have to let it install the game first (like Forza 5) which takes longer than a pc game. It does let you play before it's finished but will stop you playing if you get to a part that's not finished. I just let it install completely. I think for Forza it was downloading an update at the same time which is why it took so long.

haven't got that far yet as I've turned it off for the moment while I have my dinner then come back to it afterwards just checking the activity on here first.

Hughesy said:

haven't got that far yet as I've turned it off for the moment while I have my dinner then come back to it afterwards just checking the activity on here first.

Should've put Forza in before dinner bud as it takes a long time, for some it takes hours for it to complete which I hope M$ can find a way to make it quick like when installing a PC game. Like I said you can play when it gets to a certain point but it'll stop you playing at some point if it hasn't finished. 

It happend to me with NFS on PS4 as it said complete so I played it and it just stopped and went to pause menu, and when I looked it was still installing lol

Hughesy said:

Hughesy said:

Should've put Forza in before dinner bud as it takes a long time, for some it takes hours for it to complete which I hope M$ can find a way to make it quick like when installing a PC game. Like I said you can play when it gets to a certain point but it'll stop you playing at some point if it hasn't finished. 

It happend to me with NFS on PS4 as it said complete so I played it and it just stopped and went to pause menu, and when I looked it was still installing lol

Actually I was planning on starting with Fifa to be honest though not Forza but I do have both

Probably won't take as long installing Fifa as it's a smaller game. I still only have Forza for X1 but might get Fifa 15 when it's out for it, as I already have '14 on PS4. Don't think you'll get to test the new impulse triggers on Fifa 14 as I don't think it supports it, but Forza takes full advantage of them. Shooters make good use of them according to @RevolvingPrawn‌  

Pretty shocking that Titanfall doesn't, I thought it would. If Sony made a similar feature then it would get implemented in more games. I remember when I got a PS3 it didn't even have rumble effect lol. I already have Watch Dogs on PC so I won't be getting it for X1.

• UP100 featured this topic