Jump to content Jump to content

Just had an epic touring car championship decider on Grid Autosport.
Coming into the penultimate race, I was 14 points behind in the championship and started third with the two ravenwest cars on the front row. Nathan McKane was the championship leader. Off the grid, the two ravenwests collide, I sweep through and win the first race.

Last race, McKane starts on pole after finishing last in the first race. I start last. I come through the pack to second - the position I need - but manage to get past. I'm quick in the last and first sectors but slow in the middle two (the track is Algarve). I manage to win and claim a brilliant championship!

Thing is that it's up to the game devs to implement them. I'm guessing most early games didn't because a lot of them were also on 360 and PS4 so they just ported them. But I'm expecting to feel them in most new games :)

I hope so bud, then maybe Sony will bring a new version of the DS4 pad out as it feels empty when using that controller now. It doesn't sound exciting but once you use it, it feels awesome!

Just used the head tracking on Forza 5 and although it works ok it makes the sound go all messed up.... Impossible to use while it's like that.

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Will you be getting Forza Horizon 2 when it comes out bud? I loved the first one and although it's not set out to be a sim it still looks awesome. It seems to build on the first one which was fantastic fun so I'll defiantly be getting it, but I'm hoping some people I know will be getting it as the social features look good.

Hughesy said:

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Will you be getting Forza Horizon 2 when it comes out bud? I loved the first one and although it's not set out to be a sim it still looks awesome. It seems to build on the first one which was fantastic fun so I'll defiantly be getting it, but I'm hoping some people I know will be getting it as the social features look good.

I sure will dude, really enjoyed the first one too so the sequel is a must have X1 game for me :) It may not be sim, but it's still closer to sim than most other arcade racers out there :p

Yea it is. I loved the first one and was surprised how sim like it was. It's sorta the same way Codemasters make their games. Also for me it seems like a much better prospect compared to DriveClub, the more details I got about DC the less it appealed to me but who knows it could be great. Horizon2 looks amazing and with day/night cycles + dynamic weather it seems to build on what Forza 5 did. Glad I'll have someone to play it with  :)  

Hughesy said:

Pretty shocking that Titanfall doesn't, I thought it would. If Sony made a similar feature then it would get implemented in more games. I remember when I got a PS3 it didn't even have rumble effect lol. I already have Watch Dogs on PC so I won't be getting it for X1.

Hughesy said:

Probably won't take as long installing Fifa as it's a smaller game. I still only have Forza for X1 but might get Fifa 15 when it's out for it, as I already have '14 on PS4. Don't think you'll get to test the new impulse triggers on Fifa 14 as I don't think it supports it, but Forza takes full advantage of them. Shooters make good use of them according to @RevolvingPrawn‌  

Yeah that's why I chose to start with Fifa as I was just looking to get started and given Fifa I knew wsa a smaller game it wouldn't take so long. I've ordered 15 for PC rather than my X box but I ordered that before I made my plans for the Xbox though. I may get 15 on the Xbox as well but I won't be rushing into it given i'll already have it on PC I've got watchdogs on PC as well. I'll mostly be playing sports games on my X box  as I got an NBA demo downloaded as well will probably get the full game of that eventually but I'm just going to stick with the demo for now as I've just spent enough money given I've only just got the console. I do plan on grabbing that Master Chief collection though when it's released and am looking forward to that as apart from Halo's 1 and 2 on PC I've never played the series and being the sci fi buff I am I know I'm going to enjoy that.

So nobody found that article funny then? Here's another one, Ryse (so called Xbox exclusive) is coming to PC. Must be one last chance for Crytek to make money before they go bust. 

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ryse-son-of-rome-heading-to-pc-with-4k-support.html

Not for me, I actually find it quicker to use ie switching between things, and my games download faster but that's because less people use it. Maybe try quitting and restarting Origin to see if that fixes it.

@AMS97KRR Mario Kart 8 is brilliant but if that's the only game you'd play then it's pointless. I play it quite a lot. Mario games are great fun on it especially 3d World, and the new Donkey Kong game. Pikmin 3 is very addictive too. For me it has so many great games that you can't get on the other consoles which is why I bought it. 

Unlike other systems the first party games always come out perfect or near as and don't require fixes before everything works. 

@Hughesy Yeah that is the only issue, I might only play a couple of games on it. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash bro's and maybe a couple of others in the future. Maybe when the price drops (if they drop the pad thing, apparently that thing could drop the price by like £50) I'll pick one up or maybe a pre-owned one but for now I guess I'll just wait and see.

I'm glad there's a free trial for BF4 otherwise I'd be pissed right now..... Can't even get past the menus as it's running at 1fps lol I'm sure a 780 with 3570k can run the game near maximum setting let alone the bloody menus. Got a serious problem somewhere but not sure what. Can even get to the graphics settings, the mouse moves across nice and smooth as if it's playing a 60fps but everything else is running at 1fps.

Edit: Found the problem, seems to be to do with MSI afterburner but not sure why.lol

Hughesy said:

So nobody found that article funny then? Here's another one, Ryse (so called Xbox exclusive) is coming to PC. Must be one last chance for Crytek to make money before they go bust. 

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ryse-son-of-rome-heading-to-pc-with-4k-support.html

yeah I read this myself yesterday sounds interesting but given there aer a few other gsames on my radar ayt the moment I don't know if I'll be getting it yet

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with Ryse. The story is ok, it's entertaining enough, and the fighting mechanics are pretty good. It's a brutal game with some of the executions you can do.

But it's extremely rinse and repeat. About 95% of the time you play, it's just the same melee combat over and over again. It's not a terrible game or anything, but wait till it hits £10/£15 before dropping money on it.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with Ryse. The story is ok, it's entertaining enough, and the fighting mechanics are pretty good. It's a brutal game with some of the executions you can do.

But it's extremely rinse and repeat. About 95% of the time you play, it's just the same melee combat over and over again. It's not a terrible game or anything, but wait till it hits £10/£15 before dropping money on it.

that's what I would probably do anyway given I do have a lot of other games on my radar like Fifa 15 Project Cars and the Mater Chief collection for XB1 definitely looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgLj-vXmrmM I know this is mostly cutscenes but still it's damn impressive.

Destiny > Halo ;)

struggling to decide which one to get  :p

For me it's an easy choice I don't really do multiplayer well and Destiny is mostly multiplayer being an MMO plus other than 1&2 on PC I've never played Halo. I often struggle with shooters on console but Halo (or at least the Master Chief collection) to me now I've chosen the XB1 as my next gen path looks too good  to turn down

I'm not much a fan of MMO's or mainly online games either, but the way Destiny does it doesn't really make it feel like an MMO. 

I never had to speak to any player I met, I'd just help them out, or get help from them, give them a wave or a dance and then shoot off to do my own thing. It feels like a single player game where you might randomly run into other players, team up with them shortly to achieve an objective, and then carry on with your mission. You don't have to interact with them at all if you don't want to other than that :)

BF4's pretty damn good so far....

I'll see what the online is like later. Absolutely crap with a keyboard and mouse

Graphics are awesome and they aren't even close to being maxed out :L

Why not use a game pad then? I am as hands won't let me play  for long anymore using K/M

@RevolvingPrawn Can't wait to team up with you in Destiny, should be fun.

• UP100 featured this topic