Jump to content Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Tylerrnty1

Finally got to Skyhold that first battle with Corypheus was hard. Time to show him that going against a mage is never a good idea especially one who happens to be the Herald of Andraste.

Have to say Skyhold looked pretty impressive in the vids but exploring it in person... WOW what an enormous place. It's as big if not bigger than Mass Effect's Citadel.

I know they just dropped a small teaser that doesn't tell us anything... But I want the release date now! :p They've picked a damn nice car for the artwork too I'd say!
It won't be that long, as they release it every two years ;) I just pray it has more track than 5, car count was fine for me. Would also like dynamic weather and night racing, even the first Forza had night racing.

Hughesy said:
I know they just dropped a small teaser that doesn't tell us anything... But I want the release date now! :p They've picked a damn nice car for the artwork too I'd say!
It won't be that long, as they release it every two years ;) I just pray it has more track than 5, car count was fine for me. Would also like dynamic weather and night racing, even the first Forza had night racing.
So it'll probably be sometime around October/November I'm guessing? Car count was good, but the circuits definitely need more added. Dynamic weather is a must for me too, gets kinda boring always racing in sunny conditions lol. Plus they need to spice up the career mode, it felt a bit flat and a bit boring at times on 5.

Hughesy said:
So it'll probably be sometime around October/November I'm guessing? Car count was good, but the circuits definitely need more added. Dynamic weather is a must for me too, gets kinda boring always racing in sunny conditions lol. Plus they need to spice up the career mode, it felt a bit flat and a bit boring at times on 5.
Yea it did, really need longer races or an option to set race distance. Loved the endurance races in Forza 2. If you want soulless and boring, try GT5&6 career :#

I think they need to add all that, considering PCars will have all that  :)

Due to my brother deciding that he'd like to download an absolute ton of steam games, I have 5gb of internet to last me until the 20th. So I don't think i'll be available until the 20th. (Unless you want to play between 2:00 AM -8:00 AM in the "off peak" timezone).   

GTA V PC system requirements are out, and pretty damn reasonable!

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

Oh for christ's sake. Bugger you Rockstar, absolute piss take. GTA V PC delayed until March 24th 2015. Been really looking forward to it and putting off buying the X1 version, now of course this happens. Bloody typical.
I knew it would be as I seen a post from them last weak saying "there's no delay to GTA at the moment" if they were sure then they wouldn't say that last part. Plus only just releasing specs was a big giveaway. :( Graphics do look on another level compared to X1/ps4 versions. We'll be able to play it together atleast bud, as I'll be getting it now I have a 980. The specs released mean nothing though if the last GTA is anything to go by :#

Platy said:
The PC version of GTAV is being worked on by the same guys who made the Max Payne 3 PC port, I believe that game was really good.
Yes it was but means nothing really. GTA being open world makes development more challenging, but they would look rather silly delaying it to (polish it) and then it running like crap. The last GTA got delayed for 6 months and still turned out a mess, this time I hope they get it right.

Platy said:
Yeah, that was the idea I had. I'll work on something this week and we can start next weekend?
Sounds fun, if we do then it might be an idea to start a separate thread. I'm just about to get some practice in, what's everyone's favourite car? I like the McLaren MP4 -12c gt3.  

That problem I had with my wheel seems to be linked to The Crew. If I play it and stop/ unplug my wheel, I have to restart my PC to make it work. I hope that's all it is, as I don't want to fork out for another wheel.

Edit: Wow I didn't know how detailed AC tyre model was. I had flat spotted my front tyres badly and my wheel was shaking a lot, that's pretty cool. :)

I really liked the campaign on Ghosts, looking forward to the next one after the ending :) But I don't remember the Black Ops campaign, I got fully stuck into MP on that one and only did the story once. Only ones I haven't played are Modern Warfare 3 and Advanced Warfare.
Black Ops reminded me of the film Saw. You were stuck in a room  with some bloke talking to you that you couldn't see.
http://youtu.be/mZFeJDe1GEs

Can't stop playing Grid Autosport at the moment, the racing is actually better than the F1 games and so is the FFB. Decided to change from the formula cars to the Endurance class for a season. There's actually a lot more cars in this game than I thought when I got the game on release. I stopped playing it after I got Forza 5, but just getting back into it. The AI are pretty aggressive which is good, not sure why they aren't in the F1 games.

Hughesy said:
Can't stop playing Grid Autosport at the moment, the racing is actually better than the F1 games and so is the FFB. Decided to change from the formula cars to the Endurance class for a season. There's actually a lot more cars in this game than I thought when I got the game on release. I stopped playing it after I got Forza 5, but just getting back into it. The AI are pretty aggressive which is good, not sure why they aren't in the F1 games.
yeah I think they got the AI almost perfect really. I find the AI a touch aggressive in places but not too much that I can't cope with it though. Haven't raced all the cars and championships but I've done quite a few. I'm finding the same with DAI at the moment really enjoying it Mostly been doing side missions the last couple of days but still fun.

I got Banished.  Hearts of Iron III (huge learning curve) and one of the Prison Architect special editions which came bundled with four other games. Also, FYI Prison Architect is 80% off for the next 18 hours.
Easily worth waiting for the PC version. Just think of the mods :o 

Just reinstalled Batman Origins as I never completed it. Trying to find my old save on one of my HDDs, if not I'll start again. Wonder if I can run it at 4k with my 980, I doubt it but there's no harm in trying.

Edit: Hmm seems as its a Steamworks game, the save isn't in the normal place. So when I changed OS I didn't backup the folder needed, as it's located in Steam itself and not Documents. Never mind I'll start again.

Grand Prix World is going well for me atm. I'm playing as Williams. I've signed Hakkinen and Coulthard for 1999 and upgraded most of my staff. I'll also have a new factory with my own facilities. I've just finished Hockenheim where Newhouse (Villeneuve, this was when he had is name copyrighted) won and Frentzen finished 4th, a good points haul. Newhouse leads the WDC and I'm second in the WCC.

I've got my car sorted for next season, which means all of my development can now focus on winning both titles. I've just upgraded to an automatic gearbox, now I'm working on improving my traction control. I've signed Marrano to be my title sponsor for 1999 (Marlboro, tobacco/alcohol names banned) and have works deals with Ford and Goodyear for next season. I have a partner deal with Elf for fuel which gives me decent R&D priority and a bonus payment, so all my commercial staff are working on cash deals or upgrades to existing deals. PlayStation and Komatsu have already signed up.

Overall, it's all going well in the Williams team!

Hust commited myself to a relationship with Iron Bull. Good fun playing at romance in games like these. I tried to have one with Cullen but he turned me down. In the end though he's paid the price as I just had the scene where me and Bull are having sex after I gave him the dragons tooth. As I killed the Fereldan Frostback dragon last night in order to obtain it.

• The topic was featured