Jump to content Jump to content

Hughesy said:

Really really bored of Forza 5 career mode now zzz. The two simple things that  Codemasters did in Grid Autosport made it  really fun, 1: qualifying and 2: being able to set race length. When I started Forza5 and the races were 2 laps long I thought ok it's just the start it'll get better but nope.... I'm using fast cars and still 2-3 lap races and always starting in 14th. Those two features can't be that hard to implement can they?

I agree I would have liked having a quali session too. It feels more  like Grids 1 and 2 rather than Autosport really because of this but I'm still finding it good fun. Haven't played with all the cars I want to yet but I'm still enjoying it. Mostly because I want to race the F1 and Indycar vehicles in the game haven't got around to it yet though mostly because I don't have the credits yet. On Autosport I'm either usually on pole or the first couple of rows which I certainly find useful when taking on Ravenwest. and in the reverse grid races I'm usually better at working my way through the traffic than the Ravenwest guys too which certainly helps when I need to make up some points.

I know some people on this forum have had and are still having issues with Autosport with the game saves and all that. Although I personally haven't been affected as it's ran fine on my system so far. I personally feel this is the best game CM have come up with in quite some time certainly since F1 2010. I just hope for those affected by those issues that these issues are resolved soon so they can continue to enjoy the game

I've just started playing Autosport (thanks again luke!) and I gotta say, I've found it impressive thus far. The menus are slick, the ability to do practice/qualy/race is great and I'm enjoying the cars and flashback features (so very slick). Although those cockpit views are fucking terrible ha.

Herby007 said:

I've just started playing Autosport (thanks again luke!) and I gotta say, I've found it impressive thus far. The menus are slick, the ability to do practice/qualy/race is great and I'm enjoying the cars and flashback features (so very slick). Although those cockpit views are fucking terrible ha.

Yeah it is an impressive game considering the age of the engine it's running on it's an excellent game.

Codies will be in serious trouble if they don't react to these new projects / developers entering the market. Especially since they don't have any other markets to fall back on.

Well we do know they are working on a new engine for F1 2015 and beyond for the next gen consoles which will no doubt be shared with the next round of Grid and Dirt games too. They just need to make sure that issues like save corruption and things like that don't sneak into this next round of games like it did with the games running on the Ego engine. I also hope that they get the gameplay elements right too and if they come up with new features that people like that they build on them rather than scrapping them.

Herby007 said:

Yeah it is an impressive game considering the age of the engine it's running on it's an excellent game.

Codies will be in serious trouble if they don't react to these new projects / developers entering the market. Especially since they don't have any other markets to fall back on.

Well we do know they are working on a new engine for F1 2015 and beyond for the next gen consoles which will no doubt be shared with the next round of Grid and Dirt games too. They just need to make sure that issues like save corruption and things like that don't sneak into this next round of games like it did with the games running on the Ego engine. I also hope that they get the gameplay elements right too and if they come up with new features that people like that they build on them rather than scrapping them.

It will probably be full of promise but ultimately extremely flawed, like every game since they started the F1 series.

Herby007 said:

It will probably be full of promise but ultimately extremely flawed, like every game since they started the F1 series.

They will probably use the current updated Ego engine for F1 2015.

Herby007 said:

They will probably use the current updated Ego engine for F1 2015.

@Hatta said it's a brand new engine not an Ego one besides till we see it in action we can't really judge it yet

After playing it for a bit I think The Crew could be a pretty fun game. The driving with a controller and wheel is good, good FFB, graphically good. The map is huge, tonnes of different places to explore. Online with friends it could be a good experience. Now Sony need to sort out the issues with Logitech wheels not working on PS4, which probably won't happen which will utterly suck.

Just been using my T500rs wheel for the first time in a while. I can't keep using a controller in Forza, so there's no other way I have to buy the TX wheel... Not sure when I can get it but it has to be before Forza Horizon 2. When you've been using a FFB wheel for so many years and then have to use a pad it's just not the same. It's so annoying that the T500rs isn't supported by X1.

Anybody on Steam interested in these?

90% off Dominions 3
75% off Montague's Mount
50% off 140
66% off Hero Siege
90% off Delve Deeper
75% off Dear Esther
75% off Dear Esther (got 2)

Don't care what the trade is for, whatever is in your inventory that you don't want at all will do. Most of these expire either 1st or 2nd of September and no use just letting them go to waste.

Maybe worth waiting a bit to see if anything is done about the current wheels. I'd be amazed if something wasn't done...

Although nowadays its all about getting more money eh....

It's Microsoft! They won't do F all lol. And the T500rs works on PS4 so I don't have to worry. Btw it's pointless dreaming about or asking Logitech to support the PS4 as it won't/can't happen bud according to Logitech Twitter. The first thing is they'd have to pay Sony money which won't happen as Logitech aren't in the console business anymore, so the petition is pointless as that part of the business is no more.

Sorry to poo on your dream.

Hughesy said:

Maybe worth waiting a bit to see if anything is done about the current wheels. I'd be amazed if something wasn't done...

Although nowadays its all about getting more money eh....

It's Microsoft! They won't do F all lol. And the T500rs works on PS4 so I don't have to worry. Btw it's pointless dreaming about or asking Logitech to support the PS4 as it won't/can't happen bud according to Logitech Twitter. The first thing is they'd have to pay Sony money which won't happen as Logitech aren't in the console business anymore, so the petition is pointless as that part of the business is no more.

Sorry to poo on your dream.

I know I saw the tweet, I just can't be bothered taking it out :L

Lukedfrt said:

Mario Kart 8 has free Mercedes DLC! :D

It has for a while now bud, paid dlc coming soon, adds 12 new tracks and cars/characters ;)

I knew about it ages ago but maybe it was only just released?

Ok I've just downloaded the Merc dlc but it's not showing up in my game... :'(

Edit: after a few restarts the game is updating, not sure why it wouldn't before but nether mind.lol

• UP100 featured this topic