Sign in to follow this  

Xbox One patch notes - LIVE 26/01/2016

24.03-24.04. That is a sudden move to the left, intentionally or not.

If you're tapping the controller stick rather than steadily moving it then that is a huge part of your problem. Try holding the stick so it's constantly pressed forward and ease it down diagonally along the edge to the left or right, makes it far far easier to keep it stable when turning that way. You won't jolt around as much like in that video. (Basically, full left to full right would be a semi circle on the stick rather than just a straight line across).

It doesn't always happen. If it did, then everyone would have the same problem, but not everyone does. I know in my own personal experience I've not had a single incident happen there.
Watch the wheel before 24.03 and you'll find it's making the same twitching towards the left. That's what it does when using the controller in F1 2015, it doesn't mean the analog stick is being twitched left as well. A sudden move to the left? it's a turn, and I did not see one single change of the racing line except when exiting the tight corner that feeds into turn 11, which is his right to defend. He went to the inside (defensive) line very direct, and stayed there, making his intentions to the car behind very clear.

Gobsmacked so many people think it's the player's fault when the evidence is pretty obvious. It's even there in the replay angle. The Lotus changed racing line and dived right up the McLaren's ass. It's even more obvious when you watch how the Lotus exited the incident aka, on the other side of the bloody track. Is it a problem with the game? Maybe, maybe not, but let's not dismiss the facts of the footage.

vvvili said:
VeNOM2099 said:
He changed his line quite abrubtly shortly before it happened. 

And this isn't just "an incident" it ALWAYS happens in that part of the track. Always. The AI just doesn't seem to be able to handle passing in that sector from turns 10 to 11. 

I think it is pretty clear that you are the problem because as far I have noticed, you are the only one with this problem. I haven't had a single accident on that "straight" and it seems like no-one else has either. 
Dude, it's not his fault you don't agree, nor does it cancel his problem out if he is the only one with the issue in the game.

Avengerrr said:
Watch the wheel before 24.03 and you'll find it's making the same twitching towards the left. That's what it does when using the controller in F1 2015, it doesn't mean the analog stick is being twitched left as well. A sudden move to the left? it's a turn, and I did not see one single change of the racing line except when exiting the tight corner that feeds into turn 11, which is his right to defend. He went to the inside (defensive) line very direct, and stayed there, making his intentions to the car behind very clear.

Gobsmacked so many people think it's the player's fault when the evidence is pretty obvious. It's even there in the replay angle. The Lotus changed racing line and dived right up the McLaren's ass. It's even more obvious when you watch how the Lotus exited the incident aka, on the other side of the bloody track. Is it a problem with the game? Maybe, maybe not, but let's not dismiss the facts of the footage.

I've used a controller on 2015, it only does that if you're "tapping" the stick to turn rather than easing it. When using a pad, I constantly have the steering stick pressed forward and ease it around it around the edge of the circle while turning rather than keeping the stick central and as a result I've never had any of this. It's as smooth as it is on a wheel in that way.
Yes he has a right to defend the line but consider this: Look what part of the track it is and the nature of the next corner. You don't need to go defensive there. The AI backs out when it's on the inside line on that corner unless it's completely ahead which it wouldn't have been in that case. When you have a faster car pulling up (and you clearly see it's going for the inside when he looks back) why go further left? Leave a car width, then you don't get taken out. As it was, the AI had to suddenly change direction which in the end is what caused the issue. If he had commited to the inside straight away then the AI would have gone to the right instead. The racing line for there is the middle of the track, so it was a late defensive line.
In my eyes, it's just a something that can happen in racing (similar events have happened for real), much like that other video that's floating around with the Ferrari and Williams at the China hairpin. It's a pleasant change that the AI can actually be in a position to have the odd incident like these. In other games it'd have just dutifully tagged behind in the slipstream and stayed there the whole race. Exciting stuff.
Again, if other people are not having this issue then it is down to the player in the end. I'm not going to tell someone how to play the game but if someone stubbornly sticks to doing the same thing despite what's happened before then they'll simply keep having accidents. If others can avoid it so can they.

Well, it's about time! I think I have the new update, but I'm not sure.  The reason I say is because in Time Trial mode I see some purple and green lights on the track that were not there before. Plus the car rubbers feel more closer to FM6. I'm really beginning to enjoy F1 2015 and look forward to F1 2016 and the new Baku circuit ! Good job Codemasters on creating such an amazing game!

JuanCarMR said:
Lozzy said:
Obviously we're not happy it's taken this long to get the patch out for Xbox One and we apologise that it's taken this long, especially compared to the patches for the other platforms. But that's not for lack of trying, we've been working on this for a while but the Christmas break cost us a lot of time and finding a serious bug right at the end of testing when updating from the live build with a mid session save to this patch that could have meant any Championship Season save with this issue would have to be restarted meant we simply could not consider releasing it no matter how small the chance that anyone would see the bug. We've fixed that now and it will be released as soon as Microsoft have approved it.

F1 2015 has been a challenging project for us and there are a lot of bugs that we've not been able to address but to fix everything reported while making a whole new game for release this summer is just not possible. I think it's fair to say that the on track experience is the best it's ever been and that's a solid starting point for the future. We know there was a lack of game content compared to the previous years and we're working to remedy that and will be talking about what you can look forward to soon enough.

phurple you'll see the changes straight away once the patch is applied.

Avengerrr, dazza83 & MatthewT2001 I'm sorry we couldn't get that fixed. The controllers system is something that's high up our list of things to address for 16.

VeNOM2099 slipstreaming is a bit overpowered, I raised this with them but that's how the design team wanted it and they're happy with it. We can't please everyone but I don't accept it makes the game unplayable, it's just not to your taste. We felt it was worth having that effect exaggerated so players  would see more overtakes in general.

hobbsy777 you'll get the PC patch notes in the next few (working) days.

@Lozzy and the PS4 patch when?

I was looking forward to a sooner than summer release, but I can live with that cause we have the current game that contains all of the 2016 circuits, except Baku.

Well, it's about time! I think I have the new update, but I'm not sure.  The reason I say is because in Time Trial mode I see some purple and green lights on the track that were not there before. Plus the car rubbers feel more closer to FM6. I'm really beginning to enjoy F1 2015 and look forward to F1 2016 and the new Baku circuit ! Good job Codemasters on creating such an amazing game!
When you started your game did it ask for an update? 

PCars patch was released no problem, PC and PS4 got it on the 20th and Xbox today, 5 days later with 2 of those days being Saturday and Sunday obviously. 

I wonder when they submitted theirs.

aaron685 said:
Another day goes by another day Microsoft fail to release the patch..
I wouldn't say Microsoft have failed, they are just testing the patch and haven't provided us with any eta... Which isn't ideal I know, but it'll be soon! 

have you forgot sometimes patches go live late at night UK time so do not write off the patch yet.
I didn't know patches could go live that late at night 

Apologies for the delay, Microsoft have tested the patch, given it the ok, and it will be going live in a few hours time at the latest :).

As the Xbox patch is out of the way, do you have any news about PC and PS4-patches? Are these going to take 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks or over a month? 

So for my rush but I am really excited about the new corner cutting rules! :D 

vvvili said:
As the Xbox patch is out of the way, do you have any news about PC and PS4-patches? Are these going to take 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks or over a month? 

They're on their way @vvvili! We've posted both the new PS4 patch notes and the new PC patch notes here and here respectively for you to have a read of ahead of their release :)

vvvili said:

They're on their way @vvvili! We've posted both the new PS4 patch notes and the new PC patch notes here and here respectively for you to have a read of ahead of their release :)
Just noticed, great work and thanks!

vvvili said:

Thank you very much

Apologies for the delay, Microsoft have tested the patch, given it the ok, and it will be going live in a few hours time at the latest :).
This is great news  :smile: 

Please Codemasters!!!! January 26th and you can't release a xbox patch that you are announcing since november late days?
what the hell is the famous "Team" do?
I am feeling so disappointed with the situation.

Please Codemasters!!!! January 26th and you can't release a xbox patch that you are announcing since november late days?
what the hell is the famous "Team" do?
I am feeling so disappointed with the situation.
Read a bit closer to the end of the thread @Rodrigoenlinea... the Xbox One patch is going live today  ;)

Please answer and my questtion :) 2 posts up

No, its not in the patch notes so it won't be in the patch. Unfortunally Codemasters dont understand whats wrong with their multiplayer system...