DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Just finished the Monte. 

I have to say, I loved the event setup for this one, with the realistic service park placements and the second run through some of the stages. It was great having the longer stages then the short power stage at the end. 

Anyways, my event went pretty well I think.
I was quite cautious throughout, but set decent times. Though I did damage my radiator on SS2 due to a lockup into one of the bridge walls, which then eventually damaged my engine before the first service. Quite a bit of time was lost there, and I did have one or two heart-in-mouth moments on the snowy stage.

Thank you very much for creating the DRC!

Here's my finishing time: 

it was goig so good........... at  4or 5th stage rainy  i jump out where the icepatches begins -_-°

why i'm disqualified?

Dang, you got me by 5 minutes!  

Although i really shouldn't be that surprised, i had some really bad stages, at least two long ones with no rear tyre, one of those stages with no rear tyres at all :(  Oh and some stupid 15 second spectators.  It amazes me sometimes how i end up going off in places where i didn't even know there were spectators as i've never been off there before, nor even come close to doing so.  I'm just *that* bad :D

First place on stage one, and then game crashed and all over the first stage with 0.4 sec slower time, but still 1st. And then on the second stage hited a snowbank and my car stucked on top of it... Unrecoverabke car! The fuck!? I understand if i drive straight down the hill but this! :D well better luck next time 

Argh, was really looking forward to this. First two stages going fairly well, then somehow the game crashed uploading my time for the second stage... back to square one. That's never happened before. I then promptly managed to go straight off a corner and retire on the first stage. Guess that's me done! Better luck everyone else ;)

I took the steady approach, promptly losing more than 30 seconds in the first stage. The next 5 stages went much better, losing about 10 seconds per stage.

Before SS7, I decided to risk nothing. Started and got... no puncture, but a phone call. Paused the game, took the call, then went on. Of course I had lost my rhythm completely, hit something and got... yes, a puncture this time. Drove very carefully to save the tire. It blew shortly before the end and I finished the stage on the rim. To my complete surprise, I only lost about 11 seconds in the stage.

All in all, not too bad.

I had a decent tempo, but lots and lots of mistakes. The night stage was my only clean stage, had spins or getting the front stuck on a hairpin or something similar on the rest. Guess it went OK anyways.

Whoah... I'm surprised by myself :) It went very smooth overall, only made one major mistake: In the slippery snow on stage two I ran over a spectator and got a 15 sec penalty. Apart from that it was very nice. It seems I can find a better rythm with a sequential shifter than an H-shifter car like the quattro in the other league earlier today. Or maybe the subaru just drives a lot better than a group b car. 

I'm actually leading the event right now :) ...at least until CrazyNevada finishes and beats me by 30 sec or so :smiley: 

SkyRex said:
Or maybe the subaru just drives a lot better than a group b car.
2000s cars are very easy to find rhythm in Monte Carlo. I have quite few WR's there if you don't count the bugged/cheated results ;)

Dont we all??     ;)                                               

KevM said:
Dont we all??     ;)                                               
Ahead of Porkhammer times? ;)

Can someone help me verify something?  I setup the league to have career engineers enabled. But on the league site it has a red dot (disabled). Although, if I go into create league and copy the active one it has set the box on enabled in the edit screen. 
That means there is at least a bug in the displaying of the enabling on dirtgame.com. 
I'm actually not sure if they are actually enabled now or not. During my run the engineers felt quite good (I have all highest engineers) but I'm not sure how strong default engineers in leagues would be since that feture was just introduced. Does anybody have sen any significant dicrepance between the capabilities of their career engineers and the ones in the league? Are career engineers active or not?

EDIT: I've seen your discussion @KevM that you believe Porkhammer cheats and therefor everything above cheats too, a while back. Please don't start this topic again, at least not in this thread. I'm not as fast as Porkhammer, but I can get close to his times if I drive clean runs and have a nice working car setup. Also seeing his youtube videos gives me no reason to assume it wouldn't be legit. Anyways: For this league, if you have any doubts of the legitimity of a time please say so here, but don't acuse anybody on cheating without proof. If you doubt on any time, we (the whole community) can try to match the time with same car, track and setup, in time trial mode to see if it's possible. If several others can get close to the time it will be assumed to be legit. (The alternative would be to assume a lot of people use the same cheating technique independently of each other, even recording videos, which seems very unlikely) 

Just wanted to pop in with my Steam ID: Audi75.

Enjoying this league immensely, like the setup.

Thanks SkyRex 

Never said anything along those lines at all!

It's an old topic anyway, boring, done to death, nothing to see here :)

Well, gave it a go.  
Was 2nd overall til we got to the night stage, 20+ odd seconds behind SkyRex.  

Running Ultra-low shaders since I changed my monitor to 1080p, but this blacks out most of the roadside detail on night runs, so bumped it up to low & started.  I got a stuttery laggy mess and clipped a front right on the 3rd corner, paused, Ultra-Low'd it again to get control back.. Continued on 3 til tyre came off and retired.

I like the format of this league with long stages and less service areas. Another thing I love is Group B with 2wd and 4wd together while 2000s are split in early and late wrc.
I hope to do better next time, I had a few problems.

Juhu, I'm first in Sweden :smile: 

Well, also the only one to complete sofar, expecting to drop considerably during the event.

Very happy with my 5th in Monaco

Yes, I couldn't keep up with you in the last stages of Monte Carlo. The puncture in the last stage didn't help either.

I expect to be much further behind in Sweden. Still can't stay away from those snowbanks. They feel sort of magnetic to me.