DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Damn, dorfer is using my methods against me - unannounced mid-season appearance and win :D Well there goes the league win XD

Well, I rather messed it up. On SS2, I took off at «that cut» and went airborne into the crowd. Easily lost 20secs, which seems an appropriate punishment after smashing around 15 people - irony off. Interesting duel though - Mitsu vs Ibiza in Germany =)

I'm going to do my Germany run tonight. And I suck at Germany. And I really need to at least be on the podium to have a shot at the championship. Yikes.

A solid run in Germany at last. No big mistakes, but I had to answer 3 incoming phone calls while doing the event. Of course, all three were mid stage, so I lost my focus and rhythm. But this time I was clever enough to back down a little bit and sacrifice a few seconds instead going off big time. For sure not the ideal way to do it, but sometimes life happens in between racing...

*phew*
That was intense.

Decided to try my damndest to be fast in Germany, and I kind of succeeded. Still not fast enough, but a good step forward for my tarmac performance. Had quite a few overshoots that cost me time, and a spin on SS2 that cost me 5-6 seconds. Didn't manage to beat @superdorfer even with his crowdsurfing, but got ahead of @Snaky115 which is the most important for the championship.

Now it's nailbiting time to see what @Simoniti will do about it :-)

Surprised by my performance in Germany tonight, managed to stay within range of the top three (at the moment). Up until SS5, that is, where I started making small, stupid mistakes and it only went downhill from there.
Still, currently sitting in fourth position (23 secs behind 1st) which I consider to be a real good result in the company of you guys.

For some reason everytime I want to start a stage in the league  my screen goes black and it goes back to main menu with the message that racenet is not available although Ive most of the times done the daily already

Lynx2000 said:
For some reason everytime I want to start a stage in the league  my screen goes black and it goes back to main menu with the message that racenet is not available although Ive most of the times done the daily already
Is it just for the DRC or problems with other leagues aswell? Think I remember someone having a similar problem with another league a while back, but can't really remember the exact solution to the problem.

Lynx2000 said:

In many cases people have to remove workshop items to solve problems. You can give it a try.

So... Championship standings before wales:

RankNamePoints
1Arete76
2Snaky11574
3Simmoniti68
4Panic46
5baunau44
6that_guy37
7EinsZwei33
8Ferranis30
9?.25
10kildog23

Looks like the fight for the championship will be between me and Snaky, but with 2 points between us the one who beats the other will take the win. Simmoniti can potentially take it with a win and beating me with 8 points and snaky by 6 which is not impossible. For example, a Simmoniti - Snaky - Arete result in Wales will give him the championship.

4-6 seems to be between Panic, baunau and that_guy, with EinsZwei potentially having a chance.

Oooh... I had given up the title already due to Dorfer's interference, but this is giving my Ibiza false hope at the moment as Dorfer is extremely likely to finish ahead of me - I am not what i used to be in Wales after going through two 'Repetitive Strain Injuries' on my arrow hand.

But... well, we will see. 

Yup.. right hand seized up, double puncture and retirement soon after on Stage 4. That ended worse than i expected, even with the jinx.

That sucks @Snaky115 :-/ Was looking forward to a hard battle with you on the final round.

Ok, that's it for me this season and a dare I say it was a decent finish. No record breaking stage times, but it was clean and consistent with no major incidents. My only crash came towards the end of SS7 (right before the last water splash) where I did a double barrel-roll which I'm sure is to blame for keeping me above the (for me) elusive forty minute mark.

A mostly clean rally to close out the season. A few half-spins, encounters with the concrete gravel and offroad excursions, but nothing too serious. Now I really have to start next season better, without one of my all too frequent Monte Carlo disasters...

So, Wales. 

SS1-SS5 were decent, Some mistakes, but no big ones. SS6 I derped and managed a big spin costing me about 10 seconds or so. SS7 was good all the way up to the end, where I managed to slighty touch the bank after the last water which oh so slowly turned me on the side instead of letting me continue on. Reset and about 15 seconds lost :-/

So now it's all down to what Simoniti and the rest does. If Simoniti wins and someone else takes 2nd in front of me then the championship is his. 

Dytut said:
So, Wales. 

SS1-SS5 were decent, Some mistakes, but no big ones. SS6 I derped and managed a big spin costing me about 10 seconds or so. SS7 was good all the way up to the end, where I managed to slighty touch the bank after the last water which oh so slowly turned me on the side instead of letting me continue on. Reset and about 15 seconds lost :-/

So now it's all down to what Simoniti and the rest does. If Simoniti wins and someone else takes 2nd in front of me then the championship is his. 

Looks like you did it. Congratulations!

Thanks Daryl!
Whoo! This season was a rollercoaster, and very open even to the last round. Thought I was completely done for when I rolled off the cliff on Monte, but I somehow managed to be consistent after that. Most pleased with Germany, where I usually can't find any speed at all. Well driven all!

Yeah, i was surprised how slow the Evo was during my test drives on Wales before this last event.

Congratulations on keeping that Integrale still!

Congratulations on the win, @Dytut, well earned after a hard-fought season (and previous bad luck)! Can't wait to see what type of car class(es) you'll pick for the next one.

Yeah gotta decide... I'm leaning towards some 70s RWD since I really need to learn how to go fast in them.

Splendid idea. What about including the Alpine A110 then? It's much closer to the 70's cars than the other 60's in terms of performance. Just a suggestion...

YoMrWhite said:
Splendid idea. What about including the Alpine A110 then? It's much closer to the 70's cars than the other 60's in terms of performance. Just a suggestion...
That was the plan :-) 

So, end results from this season:

RankNamePoints
1Arete101
2Simmoniti78
3Snaky11574
4baunau59
5Panic46
6that_guy43
7EinsZwei41
8Ferranis30
9kildog25
10?.25

My winning margin in the end didn't really reflect how close this season was. Always fun when it's alive all the way to the last rally :-) Well driven all, especially @Simoniti and @Snaky115 who challenged me hard in cars that really should be slower than the Delta!

As winner I get to decide the next season, which will be RWD 60-70's since I suck at them. Will give us a few days rest and set up the next season to start on friday.