DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

I will never learn that league rallies require more concentration than I actually have the day after drinking. SS1 was a complete joke, had no car control and spun 4 or 5 times, beaching the car and needing a reset on one occasion, The rest was damage control, with me trying desperately to keep concentration. Apparently damage control mode was decently quick though, so clawed back some time and ended up just shy of 20 seconds behind @baunau.

Well i missed the opening event but had a good day in Sweden today.
Had a pretty smooth run overall in the Subaru, had it set up really soft and enjoyed the drive. Sweden may be my favourite location lately, love the feel of the stages and grip level. Its so easy to catch a bank and spin out, the secret to a quick time here is slow down and stay clean. I managed it for the first six stages but had a quick spin in the "power stage".
1st place so far. Yey. :)     

I just joined but the account name is the hypno toad and not Scyy.  Looking forward to see how I stand up to all of you guys as I just started playing online in the last week or so,

Welcome to the league @Scyy :-)  We're a mixed bunch so hopefully you'll find opponents that are fun to challenge and compare yourself with. I know I always use @baunau as my benchmark, any time I can keep up with him is a good event.

.Dytut said:
Welcome to the league @Scyy :-)  We're a mixed bunch so hopefully you'll find opponents that are fun to challenge and compare yourself with. I know I always use @baunau as my benchmark, any time I can keep up with him is a good event.
Thanks for the welcome.  You guys get some ridiculous times, I definitely have a ways to go.  

Got 7th overall in Sweden.  Would have been closer to 6th but spun out twice and flipped on stage 6 when I got to confident.  Had a decent power stage though and was only down 5 seconds

Over 4 minutes behind and 8th place right now. Not good. Too slow overall and very costly spins in the last three stages. I feel like I'm getting slower right now. Or I'm going sideways and everybody else is improving.

Ferranis said:
The c4 just drives beautifully in the snow! :3 

4. Overall and very happy with it.
Yeah it's one of my definite favourites in Sweden. Only the 037 beats it when it comes to playing in the snow :-)

I interrupt this program with shenanigans.

But then i proceeded to retire on the next stage due to destroyed aerodynamics making me miss a difficult corner. :D
I won't otherwise cameo in this season, just to make sure of my healing and fine tune my senses to the higher FPS i have now.

So the results from Sweden:
Pos.  NameVehicleTimeDiff 1st
1 Founder VIPHeadquake137Subaru Impreza 200138:44.338--
2 FounderbaunauCitroën C4 Rally 201039:58.234+01:13.896
3 FounderAreteCitroën C4 Rally 201040:17.767+01:33.429
4 FounderFerranisCitroën C4 Rally 201040:30.749+01:46.411
5 FounderSkyRexFord Focus RS WRC 200740:35.266+01:50.928
6EinsZweiFord Focus RS WRC 200741:22.115+02:37.777
7 FounderDannyboyFord Focus RS WRC 200741:38.347+02:54.009
8 FounderkildogFord Focus RS WRC 200741:52.530+03:08.192
9 FounderThe Hypno ToadCitroën C4 Rally 201042:38.377+03:54.039
10 FounderDaryl WillcoxFord Focus RS Rally 200142:59.477+04:15.139
And season standings:
RankNamePoints
1Arete33
2Dannyboy31
3baunau28
4Ferranis27
5Headquake13725
6that_guy12
7SkyRex10
8Daryl Willcox9
9EinsZwei8
10Panic6

Biggest mover on the board is @Headquake, who put himself in the best position to go for the season win after missing Monte. 
On to Greece, wrecker of cars.

I can't get the C4 to work for me in Greece. I love driving it, but in Greece I just manage to get it to feel unpredictable any time I push it. All of a sudden it just keeps sliding instead of gripping, or grips a lot more than I'm prepared for.

All in all, Greece was complete and utter [expletative] this time around.

Yeah, C4 is pretty unusual in that regard - it always gripped when i REALLY wanted it to slide at least a little bit, which is something i get in trouble with on some specific corners in Greece.

When I get the time I'm going to try fiddling with different differential settings to see if that helps. I feel in control of it in all locations but Greece, so there's got to be something weird.

Got too hot-headed in Greece again... *sigh*
Maximum attack from the start almost ended my rally halfway through SS1 when I bounced off a rock wall, spun around and came to a stop on top of a guardrail with all four wheels off the ground (almost tipped over but got away with a reset). The rest of the rally consisted of a few clean/fast stages, two more resets + some off-road antics that cost me a lot of time.

I've really got to speed it up, I'm at least not making big mistakes but not really pushing very hard either. 

Finland, arrrrggghghg!!! With only two clean stages (SS3 and 7), I predict a mid-tier position on the leaderboard for this one.
Gotta say I've grown quite fond of the C4, though, despite its desire to tip over in some high-speed turns.

I was actually doing fairly decently till ss4 where I slammed into a rock at 80mph from understeer and went flying into the air. Didn't get any punctures but was down power with damaged radiator, engine, turbo and really messed up suspension for 2 1/2 stages after that point. Glad I at least finished at that point.

Finland went decent but not good. Couldn't quite find my lines, a lot of correcting, and had a few moments where I lost a lot of time but managed to keep from smashing the car at least. Hopefully enough for 3rd-4th place.

baunau said:
Finland, arrrrggghghg!!! With only two clean stages (SS3 and 7), I predict a mid-tier position on the leaderboard for this one.
Gotta say I've grown quite fond of the C4, though, despite its desire to tip over in some high-speed turns.
I found the C4 a delight to drive once I got into how to drive it without tipping over :-D

Well Greece went pretty well though i had a hard time catching a few of you guys.
The top few seemed to have trouble in the last few stages and i ended up in 2nd.

Finished Finland tonight which is probably my strongest location.
I have a nice feel in the Subaru, riding it really soft and safe i got through the event pretty clean.
I pushed a little harder in the first 3 stages, but after seeing my lead and my still beat up car after service, i took it easier in stage 4-7. 

1st place for now but Germany will be a mess for me i presume.
Should be a close championship in the end.
Fun times.
:)

After three shaky, albeit mostly clean stages in Finland, I had a whopping four crashes in SS4, with the last one ending on the roof between trees. I somehow made it to the end, but that was the only positive here. Have to get better. A lot.

Agree with Headquake, this will be interesting by looking at the current results of Finland. Looks like @Headquake will take a slight lead, with me and @Dannyboy1988 trailing just behind and @baunau ready to pounce if the top three messes up. 

Dytut said:
Agree with Headquake, this will be interesting by looking at the current results of Finland. Looks like @Headquake will take a slight lead, with me and @Dannyboy1988 trailing just behind and @baunau ready to pounce if the top three messes up. 

I think I might have done half way decently this event but will have to see once everyone else puts in their stages.  A number of mistakes but no crashes and felt I was going at a decent pace.  

Results from Finland:
Pos.  NameVehicleTimeDiff 1st
1 Founder VIPHeadquake137Subaru Impreza 200142:05.096--
2 FounderAreteCitroën C4 Rally 201043:01.328+00:56.232
3 FounderbaunauCitroën C4 Rally 201043:35.276+01:30.180
4 FounderSkyRexFord Focus RS WRC 200743:41.258+01:36.162
5 FounderkildogFord Focus RS WRC 200744:38.222+02:33.126
6EinsZweiFord Focus RS WRC 200744:41.824+02:36.728
7 FounderDannyboyFord Focus RS WRC 200744:57.921+02:52.825
8 Founderthat_guyFord Focus RS Rally 200145:30.189+03:25.093
9Marek1Subaru Impreza 200145:53.636+03:48.540
10 FounderJan #NoControlSubaru Impreza 200145:54.386+03:49.290

Which gives the rather open championship board:
RankNamePoints
1Headquake13768
2Dannyboy62
3Arete61
4baunau49
5SkyRex34
6Ferranis31
7Panic21
8kildog16
9EinsZwei16
10that_guy16

Top 3 within 7 points and two events left :-)