DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Hmmm... Dannyboy had times up to stage 4 an hour ago, now no times at all. @Dannyboy1988, I hope you have a very good explanation for this or we will disqualify and kick you from the league. No restarting is a core value of the league.

Which reminds me, right now we have a checkoint on stage 1 on each event. @SkyRex, was there a reason for this or should we just remove that to hinder restarts even more?

Dytut said:
Which reminds me, right now we have a checkoint on stage 1 on each event. @SkyRex, was there a reason for this or should we just remove that to hinder restarts even more?
I actually thought that was a neccesary requirement for league setup. Never tried it without tbh, but we could do that next season.

SkyRex said:
Dytut said:
I actually thought that was a neccesary requirement for league setup. Never tried it without tbh, but we could do that next season.
By the way, what happens if you Alt-Tab out of the game and there's no checkpoint at all? DNF or can you start over anyway? If so, there's of course no point in removing the checkpoint.

Alt-Tab shouldn't be a problem, since the game doesn't close down. But Alt-F4 ought to be a DNF if no checkpoints are set if I remember correctly. Not 100% sure though.

Dytut said:
But Alt-F4 ought to be a DNF if no checkpoints are set if I remember correctly. Not 100% sure though.
That's what I meant, of course. Not Alt-Tab.

I was tempted to do 5 stages and purposefully retire to not impact standings, but the 2007 Focus even with very short first gear just WILL NOT spin its tires - i keep launching into the rock inside the hairpins due to unrealistic traction. :D So i just gave up after doing 3 stages.

Well, Germany done. 10 seconds off the quickest time per stage. Really nor sure why i can't get a better feel for this location.
Oh well, still a fun battle.
:)

Headquake said:
Well, Germany done. 10 seconds off the quickest time per stage. Really nor sure why i can't get a better feel for this location.
Oh well, still a fun battle.
Oh my, holy smokes man, I am faster than Headquake in an event although I hit a hinkelstein head first two times... :)
What a day! What a lovely day!

Nice pace there @SkyRex! I kept it on the edge of what I could control and I had no chance of catching up.

Penultimate rally of the season done and I'm quite pleased with the result. As expected, I did not stand a chance against @SkyRex's performance, but I was only a few seconds behind @Dytut so that kept it interesting. Struggled with oversteer during SS1-3 but a quick adjustment at the first service took care of that. So much so that I got a bit overconfident on SS5 where I went a bit wide through a fast left-hander and hit a hinkelstein with my rear-end. This whipped my car around and across the road where I (apparently) got a bit too close a few spectators with a severe case of personal space issues.
Kept it it clean on SS6 and 7 and finished at a strong third place (for now). Very pleased with my performance! :)

Too slow overall, plus one costly crash in SS5, when I lost the rear while in fifth gear. In SS7, a blown tire ruined any hopes of a last attack. The next season can't start soon enough...

Same here. I think the 2001 Focus is a bit slower than the 2007 and the Citroen, but I kept losing much more time than I should.

In other news: Wales is done, the car felt good, but I had one heavy crash in SS3, where I was lucky to get the car out of the trees and then a blown tire at the end of SS6. How fitting...

Well Wales was an absolute disaster. Had to recover to track 3 times on the fourth stage and just couldn't get into any sort of rhythm which is odd because I usually like Wales.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/100603562874691558/926CBA5FB696DC7B753D0BBB6C8C35059574940A/

I was playing in the Dirt in Wales too. Quite satisfying run actually. Only one issue: At the Ford with the Gate I crashed my Ford into that Gate. Had to reverse slightly and lost ca, 5-10 sec.
Apart from that quite good, I eased of during the night though as the priority was to get through without a crash there rather than being super fast. 

The question is now: Will that be enough to claim a podium place or will I settle this Season on 4th... (Which is already satisfying as I came back to it from 7th)

Note to self:
Do not ever try to drive a league event while running a fever! 
SS1 was a complete disaster, lost a rear wheel in sectore 2. Managed to get my act together for SS2 and 3, but lost concentration completely after that.

I really should've held off and done it tomorrow.

Holy cannoli, I'm currently leading in Wales! :open_mouth:

Felt like I had a decent pace on SS1, but wasn't expecting to finish first (at the time of writing this). SS2 and 3 was similar and I kept increasing the lead, which threw me off and messed with my concentration ("Surely, I can't keep going like this..."). Sure enough, made a mistake about halfway through SS4 where I went wide over a crest and parked my car sideways into a pole and ended up balancing on the side of the road, all wheels off the ground. Had to reset my way out and my 10,9 secs lead shrunk to 0,3.
Fortunately, I managed to keep it tight for the rest of the rally and stay ahead of you speed-freaks.

Sucks to hear about your misfortune, @Dytut, get well soon.

I was having a pretty smooth but not super quick run in Wales.
Thought as long as i kept it clean i could stay on top due to the troubles some of you had, but i was still 5 seconds down on the top times early on so i tried to pick up the pace a little once the rain stopped.
Had a few rough spots but ended up not too far in front of  SkyRex for 1st place. 

That is until Baunau finished 15 seconds up on that.
Well done.

Sorry, been a bit out of the loop the last few days :-)

Final results of this DRC season:
RankNamePoints
1Headquake13794
2baunau89
3Arete87
4SkyRex74
5kildog36
6that_guy32
7Ferranis31
8Panic21
9Daryl Willcox16
10EinsZwei16

Well driven all, and congratulations to @Headquake for the season win! Very impressive considering you missed Monte! As season winner you get to pick the class for the next season (preferably from the list on page 1), so have a think and tell us what's up next (I personally wouldn't mind a season of 80's RWD) :-) Please decide before tuesday night, and I'll try to have the new season up and running by wednesday.

Yeay! That was a fun season guys and pretty close too. It's no fun if its not close.

I'm up for 80's rwd if everyone else is too. I love Rwd action. Probably use the Renault. :)

Oh boy, this is going to be fun even though I'm probably gonna get last. 

Headquake said:
Yeay! That was a fun season guys and pretty close too. It's no fun if its not close.

I'm up for 80's rwd if everyone else is too. I love Rwd action. Probably use the Renault. :)
If you do, I'm very interested how you fare in Monte Carlo. The R5 is great on gravel, but I was never able to make it work on tarmac, especially in Monte Carlo. Terrible understeer.

I'm thinking of the R5 aswell, I haven't even upgraded it yet so time to learn to drive it :-)