DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Dytut said:
I'll be away on the Swedish HEMA nationals this weekend, so I wouldn't mind going for start on monday. @Headquake hasn't chosen the cars for next season, so I think the honor befalls @baunau. 
Sorry, I've been absent and/or busy lately myself... Had another look through the list of previous seasons to see what classes have been run (and how many times) and I'm tempted to have another go at our season # 7 pick, which was Group B (RWD + 4WD), except 205 and S4.
That said, I'm not against having the 205 and S4 included (I'll probably go for either the Manta or 6R4 myself), so I'll leave the decision to include them or not to you guys.

Yay for group b. Probably my favorite era of cars in here. I would be down for including the 205 or s4 even though I'm planning on using the Ford rs200.

Man, i would so drive the Group B Metro if i could (N/A Powaaaaaaah) but it is 100% bugged for Keyboard play, at least my PC. :/ 

If the Peugeot and Lancia are in, there's a huge gap in performance to all other cars. So my vote goes to excluding them.

No checkpoint means essentially you can run every stage over and over again, if you use ALT + F4 to leave the game before uploading your result for the stage. Exactly the opposite of what it's meant to be. So checkpoint on SS1 is the best solution to prevent reruns.

Sorry so late but i'm into the idea of group B cars.
Since i won the last championship, i'd like to take a slower car or something to give me a slight disadvantage. Like having to clean the roads. Ha.
I'd like to use the rwd Manta. Is that at a disadvantage to the 4wd's?
:)

Headquake said:
Sorry so late but i'm into the idea of group B cars.
Since i won the last championship, i'd like to take a slower car or something to give me a slight disadvantage. Like having to clean the roads. Ha.
I'd like to use the rwd Manta. Is that at a disadvantage to the 4wd's?
:)
Then it's settled! :-) We'll do group B 4WD (minus pug and S4) + Group B RWD. Last time it was really hard to keep up with the 4WD, so the Manta will be a real challenge :-) I think I'll reacquaint myself with the quattro myself, been a long time since I drove it.

YoMrWhite said:

No checkpoint means essentially you can run every stage over and over again, if you use ALT + F4 to leave the game before uploading your result for the stage. Exactly the opposite of what it's meant to be. So checkpoint on SS1 is the best solution to prevent reruns.

Wow, you would think they would fix something so exploitable.

Right, I'll see if I can set up the league tonight. Hurt my hand during the nationals so a bit slow with the computer stuff right now.

Dytut said:
Right, I'll see if I can set up the league tonight. Hurt my hand during the nationals so a bit slow with the computer stuff right now.

Just looked up what HEMA actually means. Cool! What are you fighting with?

YoMrWhite said:
Dytut said:

Mainly longsword (german liechntenauer), but gotten more and more into rapier (swedish/spanish hybrid) and sword & buckler lately.  Still not anywhere near good at it, but starting to understand what I'm doing :-)
Highly recommended for a good allround exercise... with swords! 
Full contact pressure testing of techniques makes it so much more fun than boring kata or exceedingly slow or restrictive sparring of eastern weapon based martial arts. Hope the eastern arts adopt our protective equipment and start doing the same, would be awesome to try longsword against a miao dao or tachi in full contact.

Nice to have the league back running. I probably choose the 6r4. Only pitty is I can't drive it all because if a small vacation.

Dytut said:
YoMrWhite said:
Dytut said:

Mainly longsword (german liechntenauer), but gotten more and more into rapier (swedish/spanish hybrid) and sword & buckler lately.  Still not anywhere near good at it, but starting to understand what I'm doing :-)
Highly recommended for a good allround exercise... with swords! 
Full contact pressure testing of techniques makes it so much more fun than boring kata or exceedingly slow or restrictive sparring of eastern weapon based martial arts. Hope the eastern arts adopt our protective equipment and start doing the same, would be awesome to try longsword against a miao dao or tachi in full contact.

Sounds fascinating. I just checked and there is a club for historical fencing here in town. I think I will ponder this...

Back to our topic: Still undecided between the RS 500 and the Metro. Haven't driven the RS500 much, so I think I will give it a try.

Dytut said:
There we go, event set up and ready!     
@Dytut, you accidentally chose the S4 instead of the 037. I changed that and hope I didn't do anything wrong, as the site froze on the first attempt. Looks okay, though.

YoMrWhite said:
Dytut said:
@Dytut, you accidentally chose the S4 instead of the 037. I changed that and hope I didn't do anything wrong, as the site froze on the first attempt. Looks okay, though.
Oh crap, good catch! 

Dytut said:
YoMrWhite said:
Dytut said:
Oh crap, good catch! 

You're welcome.

Pretty crummy event with stage 6 being a fairly low point where I somehow went 10 seconds slower than I did on that stage at night earlier in the event. No offs but lots of stops and spins throughout the whole event.

I'll be interested to see if I'm going to be as far back as I expect I will be.  Monte is definitely my least favorite event so I'm not to surprised.

Whoah, that was terrible. I don't know if my setup was crap, but i never came to grips with the RS200 in Monte Carlo. I constantly had the feeling the car might just do something unexpected, so I didn't get into any kind of rhythm at first.

SS1 was at least without major incidents, but spins in SS2 and SS3 cost a lot of time. SS4 and SS5 were better and I began to feel a tiny little bit more comfortable in the car. That of course ended abruptly in SS6, which was extremely slippery. I had spins, crashes, I even rolled once, then I overshot a hairpin and slid off the road. No retirement, to my complete surprise. I just got an automatic reset. From then on, I just crawled through the last two stages, bumping into everything in sight as I had completely lost my focus.

Very lucky to survive this rally, but I have a hunch this season won't be easy...