DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

SS6 was BRUTAL.. basically 3 near retirements because i decided to practice driving with ABS on 0! :D Otherwise.. slightly unclean driving, a lot of 2nd gear drifting and a few swear words at how much of a boat the Quattro is. It drifts, but that's the only way it will corner. :D

I ended up taking the Quattro, just because i am 20 seconds faster with the Quattro than the Manta on Pra d'Alart.

Hope I can do Monte tomorrow or saturday. Not sure if my finger has healed enough that I can use the paddles yet. Worst case scenario I'll have to do auto transmission.

Snaky115 said:
SS6 was BRUTAL.. basically 3 near retirements because i decided to practice driving with ABS on 0! :D Otherwise.. slightly unclean driving, a lot of 2nd gear drifting and a few swear words at how much of a boat the Quattro is. It drifts, but that's the only way it will corner. :D

Brutal indeed. After the dry stages before, that one really caught me off guard.

Good luck for anyone brave enough to choose the 037...

YoMrWhite said:

Whoah, that was terrible. I don't know if my setup was crap, but i never came to grips with the RS200 in Monte Carlo. I constantly had the feeling the car might just do something unexpected, so I didn't get into any kind of rhythm at first.

SS1 was at least without major incidents, but spins in SS2 and SS3 cost a lot of time. SS4 and SS5 were better and I began to feel a tiny little bit more comfortable in the car. That of course ended abruptly in SS6, which was extremely slippery. I had spins, crashes, I even rolled once, then I overshot a hairpin and slid off the road. No retirement, to my complete surprise. I just got an automatic reset. From then on, I just crawled through the last two stages, bumping into everything in sight as I had completely lost my focus.

Very lucky to survive this rally, but I have a hunch this season won't be easy...

That's exactly how I felt which is odd as usually the rs200 feels like one of the more predictable group b cars.

Scyy said:
YoMrWhite said:

Whoah, that was terrible. I don't know if my setup was crap, but i never came to grips with the RS200 in Monte Carlo. I constantly had the feeling the car might just do something unexpected, so I didn't get into any kind of rhythm at first.

SS1 was at least without major incidents, but spins in SS2 and SS3 cost a lot of time. SS4 and SS5 were better and I began to feel a tiny little bit more comfortable in the car. That of course ended abruptly in SS6, which was extremely slippery. I had spins, crashes, I even rolled once, then I overshot a hairpin and slid off the road. No retirement, to my complete surprise. I just got an automatic reset. From then on, I just crawled through the last two stages, bumping into everything in sight as I had completely lost my focus.

Very lucky to survive this rally, but I have a hunch this season won't be easy...

That's exactly how I felt which is odd as usually the rs200 feels like one of the more predictable group b cars.

I think the Quattro feels much more planted, especially on tarmac. It's also the superior car overall, but I always had issues in the rougher events, aka Greece, Wales and Finland with it. It just bounces a lot around there, doesn't like the finnish jumps and feels too big for the narrower parts of Wales and Greece. So I hope these are the three rallies we can put up a real fight.

Scyy said:
YoMrWhite said:

That's always been my problem with the RS200. It feels quite predictable and controllable, then it suddenly snaps out when you push it too far. You get lulled into a false sense of control with it that no other Gr.B. car gives.

Got through, but did it at my own tempo. Not fast but I've been out of the game for a little while and a hurt hand. Didn't run off a cliff at least, but it was close at times :-)

Dytut said:
Got through, but did it at my own tempo. Not fast but I've been out of the game for a little while and a hurt hand. Didn't run off a cliff at least, but it was close at times :-)
Did you have to go automatic?

Scyy said:
Dytut said:
Did you have to go automatic?
Nah, but I did set up the gears so they overlapped more so I could be a bit more lazy with the shifting :-)

Had a decent run in the 6R4. A bit of misfortune in SS3 which costed me 20 seconds but on the other hand a really good SS6. I was third after SS6 but somehow a lot of us didn't drive or finish SS7 so 2th at the moment.

Monaco is a good place for the 6R4 but I think at other places it lacks the power. We will see.

Had a decent run in the 6R4. A bit of misfortune in SS3 which costed me 20 seconds but on the other hand a really good SS6. I was third after SS6 but somehow a lot of us didn't drive or finish SS7 so 2th at the moment.

Monaco is a good place for the 6R4 but I think at other places it lacks the power. We will see.

Nice drive!

YoMrWhite said:
Scyy said:
YoMrWhite said:

I think the Quattro feels much more planted, especially on tarmac. It's also the superior car overall, but I always had issues in the rougher events, aka Greece, Wales and Finland with it. It just bounces a lot around there, doesn't like the finnish jumps and feels too big for the narrower parts of Wales and Greece. So I hope these are the three rallies we can put up a real fight.

Yeah, I definitely can't wait for some gravel.  I actually really like the RS200 on Sweden as well when I'm really in the zone.

I think I've never before driven the RS200 in Sweden. Maybe a single stage, but I don't remember. I'll try just not to think about it...

Crap, I was actually doing pretty well till ss6 where about 2/3 though the stage you go left over a crest jump with logs on the right side of the road. Well I cut to far left while going in to hot, hit the snow bank and went flying into the logs on the right side of the road. Landed on the roof and had to reset to stage.  Had a small spin at worst on almost each of the other stages.  

Other than the big mistake on ss6 this was definitely one of my better Sweden runs.  

Why am I not surprised headquake would come and wreck us even driving a Manta. Lol

Scyy said:
Why am I not surprised headquake would come and wreck us even driving a Manta. Lol
Haha,  :) 

I did have a good event, i love the Sweden stages as i've said before and i love the Manta too. 
Was cruising through S1-4 really clean, then lost concentration during 5 for a quick spin. Another in 6 as the sloppiness continued.
Still not sure how fast it is compared to the 4wd's. Probably mainly just slower start ups from sharp corners.

Headquake said:
Scyy said:

I did have a good event, i love the Sweden stages as i've said before and i love the Manta too. 
Was cruising through S1-4 really clean, then lost concentration during 5 for a quick spin. Another in 6 as the sloppiness continued.
Still not sure how fast it is compared to the 4wd's. Probably mainly just slower start ups from sharp corners.

Really, how do you do those times? This is sort of depressing.

My own first three stages: SS1 was okay, SS2 a nightmare: 2 rolls and at least 3 spins, SS3 was mostly clean, but slow. I found the RS200 undriveable with stock setup in shakedown, so I stiffened dampers and suspension considerably, which seemed to help in SS1, but felt terrible in SS2. I'm at a loss here. I usually suck in Sweden, but that was poor even by my standards. What kind of setup do you guys use for the RS200 in Sweden?

Weeeell, suffice to say I wasn't fast. Got in the shakedown and thought I'd try to make a setup that didn't bottom out as much, so very soft. Thought it felt fine at the time, but then I went into the stage, and it was horrible. Bounceyball deluxe, no control at all. Went back to default setup for stage 3-6, which felt better... but for the horrible gearbox ratios of default setup. Meeeeeeeh. 

But @Headquake, that's damn impressive for a Manta I must say. Hats off to you :-)

SS 4-7. Not really better. I had 1 or 2 rolls again and at least half a dozen spins. And of course I regularly did my best impersonation of 'Rupert the funny snowplough'.

Those snowbanks are magnetic! Magnetic!

This is not going to go well - Currently 3 stages in, not always over-steering when i want it to. TERRIBLE Night stage, and this is a stage/weather combination thats FAVOURABLE to me no less! :X 

I had hoped to at least nail Arete on first stage, but that didn't happen either. 

EDIT: Holy inconsistency batman, the way my car just decided to wheelspin much more from stage to stage made me want to uninstall.
EDIT2: Basically tied the best time on Stage 7, much less angry now. Yay.

YoMrWhite said:
Headquake said:
Scyy said:

Really, how do you do those times? This is sort of depressing.

My own first three stages: SS1 was okay, SS2 a nightmare: 2 rolls and at least 3 spins, SS3 was mostly clean, but slow. I found the RS200 undriveable with stock setup in shakedown, so I stiffened dampers and suspension considerably, which seemed to help in SS1, but felt terrible in SS2. I'm at a loss here. I usually suck in Sweden, but that was poor even by my standards. What kind of setup do you guys use for the RS200 in Sweden?

If I'm recalling correctly without looking at my actual setup I stiffened up the rear so it was a notch or two stiffer than the front and left the front stock for springs.  Then I increased the negative camber on the front to like -.75 and decreased the rear negative camber to like -.5. I also decreased the front dif a couple of notches to like 2/3 to the right and the rear by like 1 notch. 

It feels a little more controllable for me but I'm not very consistent and still learning how to fine tune setups so I make no promises. lol

Not the best I've done so far. The short wheelbase makes the car's back end to step out very easy.

But atleast I have enjoyed the sound of the V6.

Sorry for not rallying lately, stuff to work...

but I got an idea: I will create a successor of our DRC once D4 releases (probably the D4C) and got an idea for the setup:
With the might of  YourStage (If it is as flexible as I hope) I would propose 10 events per Season. Every location in the game run twice, pretending to be some other place. If possible I imagine 50 % of stages of an event stay always the same and only 50 % of it will be generated for every season. The 50% that stay the same will be hand-picked to set an unique character for each event, which could work out to make one Wales Rally very different from the second Wales Rally (also setting character with weather options)
One example: There will be an Australia-Rally, very dry, sandy, fast stages (the 50% that aren't generated new every season)
And then there will be a kind of Rally-Kenia (also set in ingame Australia), more focus on rainforest sections, very technical and with a very high chance of rain and muddy conditions. 

Imagine that for every Location-(is like) :
Australia (Kenia)
Sweden (Norway)
Spain (China)
Wales (New Zealand)
Michigan (Finland)

What'ya think?
Cheers

EDIT: Or 100% are generated every season and just picked by how they look on the preview screen to get the character right, but also keep the not-learning-the-road part of rallying working

SkyRex said:
Sorry for not rallying lately, stuff to work...

but I got an idea: I will create a successor of our DRC once D4 releases (probably the D4C) and got an idea for the setup:
With the might of  YourStage (If it is as flexible as I hope) I would propose 10 events per Season. Every location in the game run twice, pretending to be some other place. If possible I imagine 50 % of stages of an event stay always the same and only 50 % of it will be generated for every season. The 50% that stay the same will be hand-picked to set an unique character for each event, which could work out to make one Wales Rally very different from the second Wales Rally (also setting character with weather options)
One example: There will be an Australia-Rally, very dry, sandy, fast stages (the 50% that aren't generated new every season)
And then there will be a kind of Rally-Kenia (also set in ingame Australia), more focus on rainforest sections, very technical and with a very high chance of rain and muddy conditions. 

Imagine that for every Location-(is like) :
Australia (Kenia)
Sweden (Norway)
Spain (China)
Wales (New Zealand)
Michigan (Finland)

What'ya think?
Cheers

EDIT: Or 100% are generated every season and just picked by how they look on the preview screen to get the character right, but also keep the not-learning-the-road part of rallying working
I definitely like the idea of keeping some stages season after season.  Maybe have a vote after the event on which stages stay and which ones get replaced or something as well.