DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

SkyRex said:
Sorry for not rallying lately, stuff to work...

but I got an idea: I will create a successor of our DRC once D4 releases (probably the D4C) and got an idea for the setup:
With the might of  YourStage (If it is as flexible as I hope) I would propose 10 events per Season. Every location in the game run twice, pretending to be some other place. If possible I imagine 50 % of stages of an event stay always the same and only 50 % of it will be generated for every season. The 50% that stay the same will be hand-picked to set an unique character for each event, which could work out to make one Wales Rally very different from the second Wales Rally (also setting character with weather options)
One example: There will be an Australia-Rally, very dry, sandy, fast stages (the 50% that aren't generated new every season)
And then there will be a kind of Rally-Kenia (also set in ingame Australia), more focus on rainforest sections, very technical and with a very high chance of rain and muddy conditions. 

Imagine that for every Location-(is like) :
Australia (Kenia)
Sweden (Norway)
Spain (China)
Wales (New Zealand)
Michigan (Finland)

What'ya think?
Cheers

EDIT: Or 100% are generated every season and just picked by how they look on the preview screen to get the character right, but also keep the not-learning-the-road part of rallying working
It's like you've read my mind @SkyRex :-D
I'd like it to be 50% stays the same, 50% random generated each season. After each event in the first season we can voice our opinions for which stages were the absolute best, so that in the end we get to have one or two "iconic" stages for each event.
So in the end we'd have 2 iconic stages that return every time, and half or the rest will be switched out. So some stages might stick for a long time even though they're not iconic if they just don't get switched out, but we'll keep it decently fresh each season.

Perhaps we let the winner each season switch out an old iconic stage for a new each season, if he/she wishes?

So many tasty options for leagues with your stage :-D

I wait a while before having an opinion. Not sure yet if 'your stage' stages are possible to do in a decent way with a 22" screen.

Had to try my luck with a regular controller for this rally ("stealth-mode" so I wouldn't disturb our baby who's asleep in the same room), but couldn't even make it through SS2 before rage-quitting. :(

baunau said:
Had to try my luck with a regular controller for this rally ("stealth-mode" so I wouldn't disturb our baby who's asleep in the same room), but couldn't even make it through SS2 before rage-quitting. :(

I remember playing GTR, with my then less than one year old daughter sitting on my lap. Sometimes she would try to grab the wheel herself, sometimes she fell sound asleep. Obviously my driving wasn't very spectacular... God, how time flies.

That was looking to be one of my best runs through Greece in group B but completely ****ed everything up on ss4 and ss5.  Two resets on ss4(one being at the very last turn going over the jump and I completely messed it up like a scrub, went off the road and on my way back up to the finish clipped a spectator) and one on ss5.  I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is through the roof with all the raging I just did.  I'm not holding out to much hope for this event but you never know, I was surprised by my Monte placing.  Just pisses me off that I lost 45+ seconds from really simple, stupid mistakes.

RS200 - i am sweating .. sadly I hit 3 pebbles and had to restart every time, all in all a minuite lost i think. (The suspension of this thing...)

Ferranis said:
RS200 - i am sweating .. sadly I hit 3 pebbles and had to restart every time, all in all a minuite lost i think. (The suspension of this thing...)
I knew there had to be a reason you still fell behind after my f ups on ss4 and 5.  I was certain you were gonna stay in front after ss4.

Straight into it from game start, did some small adjustments to the gear ratios in shakedown. Once on stage I felt decently at home, but after a while the quattro suspension reared it's ugly head and sent me into space (or rather, off track). Reset and lost concentration, so did a small stop in a hairpin aswell.
The rest went OK, had 2-3 small spins in hairpins, but nothing major. Did manage to keep my hands off the handbrake (the real quattro didn't have one), so quite pleased with the tempo considering I had to flick the car. The feeling of nailing the flicks is to die for in the quattro though, soooo nice :-)

I suspect I'll end up in P4-5 in the end, too many small mistakes overall + the shitty SS1.

Went of a clif in SS6 and retirement. It was a bad rally altogether I was already dead last at that time.

Whew... i need a break after those first 3 stages. Being careful in the night ones exhausted me pretty hard, but a 3rd stage still remained - lost 15 seconds there alone due to just.. losing control after waning focus in the straights. Was in 1st gear in middle of two separate straights. Ouch.

My Quattro setup also kinda forbids me from drifting any corner in a gear higher than second - basically drifted only the hairpins.

First 3 stages of Greece done. Went into it cold after crashing the Polo/sweden daily so it felt weird at first. I stayed clean but pretty cautious and slow on S1 leaving me quite behind the fastest time. I sped up for S2 only to slip off the road at one point. Luckily i was able to drive back onto the road myself to avoid a reset but still lost 10 sec. S3 is my favourite Greece stage and i finally had a good flow going. In 3rd place at the moment.
:)

Did a decent first stage (about 6.15), then had to quit and now I don't have the time to continue. Since I don't want to keep the computer running all night, that's it for me. Of course I would like to do this tomorrow if I have the time, but that would mean a restart and a second run of the first stage.

I will only do this if a few of you guys in the league approve. If not, well those are the rules...

So @Snaky115 just beat me by 2 seconds, after we had traded to and from the whole event :-D

Well, i was kinda overdriving through S4-7 to try and catch Arete and Snaky. A few oversteers and an actual lucky barrel roll in there but i finished pretty quick. Still no catching the top times though, especially on the hairpinny stages. The 2wd can't get going from a stop as quick as the 4wd's, i'm sure that'll be a big problem in Germany too.

Anyhow, fun times. I like the Manta in Greece, looking forward to Finland.

DO you wanna see roller-coasters in text format? Gotcha covered, pal!

My story is simple - open  https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/39043/drchampionship  and go through the stages on the right and watch the Gap between 1st and 2nd. Yeah. That just happened. MY EMOTIONS.

More Details - i under-steered into resets twice on Stage 4, so then i did the Berserk stage 5 to get those 20 seconds back... and then i barrel rolled twice on stage 6, and lost control twice in the straights due to loss of focus as well. Back to half second lead. And then i pulled it together on stage 7 to keep @Dytut behind me. 

Stage 5 in replay thread.

Gave it a go last night as I haven't done this league for a long time, was a big iFail xD I was pretty tired though, probably too much to wrestle a Quattro through Greece at night lol

Just a prelude to the incoming BounceLand.. this is the idea my GREECE setup was based on

As you can tell.. Yeah, it was pretty understeery, so i am at a loss of words how i am gonna adjust the front for Finland. Kinda better at bumps, but has "snap understeer" like the RS200 snap oversteers hehe. Oh dear.

16 point lead for @Snaky115 after the Greek rollercoaster :-) Will be hard to catch him now.

Well... i survived. Apparently beat Ferranis on both night stages.

Also accidentally improved bounciness on stage 7 while trying to do a Dumb Dumb.. god dammit Quattro. :D 

The quattro in Finland... dear invisible pasta in the sky, it will be bounceyball deluxe. 

I don't think I'm gonna do very well the rest of this season.  Relearning driving and muscle memory on a different wheel and pedals is seeming like it might be a bit harder than I expected. Especially when the wheel fights back way more.

Finished Finland with a nice feel throughout, a few close calls but nothing too bad. 
The Manta feels like a big heavy muscle car sometimes, soft and slidey.
With the anti-roll bars up full it's a fun ride. 

Scyy said:
I don't think I'm gonna do very well the rest of this season.  Relearning driving and muscle memory on a different wheel and pedals is seeming like it might be a bit harder than I expected. Especially when the wheel fights back way more.
I know that feeling, took a while to get comfortable when I upgraded from an old logitecg momo to a T300. It'll feel real good in a little while though.

Bouncing Finland done. SS1-3 went OK, could've pushed a bit more but I felt I couldn't control the quattro suspension. Car looked quite fine at mid-day service.
Tried pushing a bit more on SS4, and won that stage at least. But I really shouldn't have done that... On SS5 the rear suspension started acting a bit weird, and suddenly threw me off track which damaged the suspension even more. Had to limp through SS5-6, since pretty much every little crest and undulation in the road became a death trap. And on the closing corners of SS6 the car just didn't turn and I went very slowly straight into a suicidal spectator on the outside of the corner  :s Lost about a minute or so on SS5-6 in total. Meeeeh.