DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Hmm.. Went as expected - Arete even with a few heavy faults is waaay up there.  I wasn't expecting to compete for the podium, but now i am and that worries me. D:

Slow and steady was the plan for Finland. Slow worked great indeed, being solidly behind everybody else after SS2. Steady went out of the window in SS3, as near the end of the stage I had two crashes, the latter ripping a rear wheel clean off. Limped to the end of the stage, with a significant time loss.

SS4 and SS5 saw more sloppy driving and one heavy crash, hitting a pole head on. To top it off, I punctured early in SS6, repaired and then just cruised through to the end.

One day I will learn how to drive in Finland. But today was not this day.

Well that went a lot better than I expected considering I just couldn't get to grips with the RS200 last night trying to get used to this wheel, wasn't going flat out but was pretty smooth.  Didn't have any real incidents till the second to last sector of SS6 where I barreled face first into a tree at a good 100+ KPH.  Took out all my lights and damaged my front suspension pretty bad. Had to have lost a good 20 seconds from getting back on the road and driving a bit more cautious because of lack of lights.  I got pretty lucky that this happened at the end of SS6 as if I had to drive more stages with the damage I had gotten I probably would have lost quite a bit more time.

I gotta say anyone that hasn't used them yet, load cell brakes are awesome.  I can already tell after just a couple of days using them that my braking is already getting a bit more consistent vs the springy g27 pedals.  I'm hoping it will keep improving because I know my biggest weakness is braking.  I just can't get the braking points and pressure down right so I either brake like an old lady and lose time or brake to late and go careening off the road.

Had to split my rally into two sessions, which probably was for the best as I was definitely not feeling it earlier today. SS1-3 felt horrible as the Metro was bouncing all over the place, usually ending up somewhere I did not want it to be. SS4-7 felt completely different, more balanced due to a better flow (although the bouncy-castle feeling did occur from time to time).
Still not "feeling" the Metro yet, but it sure did show itself from its best side for the latter part of this rally.

Did my league in a very calm and calculated manner, ooh Germany SAVE ME.

Well okay... THAT was WAY TOO CLOSE Germany, please don't make me spin out on a straight ever again. If rocks can get goosebumps, that rock certainly should have one. And a few nightmares.

More conceptual Ideas for the successor-league in June:
Dirt 4 Rally Championship (D4RC or D4C)
or continuing the DRC name generalizing DiRT to the most current version and Rally as the Discipline rather than meaning the game "DiRT Rally"

10 - 11 Rallys per Season  (2 per Location)
7 Stages per Rally
72 hours per Rally

The 7 stages should continue as it limits the required time to participate to a level adequate for a hobby.
The stage structure will change, I plan to drop the short stage at the end and make them all always max-length.
As for service park the plan is: 1 Stage - Service - 4 Stages - Service - 2 Stages
(In hope that the new damage model makes it more feasible to get through 40-50km with a more or less undamaged car if driven without accident)

This structure should reflect a more "general" experience of the Rally sport, with short parts and long endurance parts mixed together. And more events should lead to a single event having a less devastating impact on anybodies ranking if they crash out. All under assumption that YourStage really can create enough variety in one location to not feel repetitive. 

My plan is to kick-off the new league shortly after release, running the Modern R2 (probably Opel/Vauxhall Adam)for the first season, so everybody can get to grips with everything in a controlled way. Price remains that the champion can chose the next seasons class.

What do you all think of structure and naming?

And a question to the three other Managers/Admins of the DRC: Would you be willing to continue being manager of the successor league? My Intention is to keep it multi-managed, so that the league keeps chugging along even if something hinders 1-2 Managers to participate themselves.

P.S.: @baunau  you'll get a PM in a minute.

Sounds go to me @SkyRex :-) 
I''ll keep on helping out with management if the need arises.

I'm liking the ideas skyrex. I actually think maybe doing 9 stages could be work out well. It would add a bit more to the endurance side of things with only adding an extra 10-20 minutes per event which I wouldn't think would be to bad. It would also give a bit more of a chance for someone to come back after a big mistake in a stage.

Sounds good for me. And if you want to keep me as manager, then do so.

Just one thing: I wouldn't mind mixing longer and shorter stages in a rally. It could give the events their own rhythm - start out with some short ones to warm up, then bring on the tougher ones, for example.

Mehhh, lots of stupid mistakes, spins, a reset and two punctures. Horrible showing and nothing to blame but myself. I can't wait for Wales, this has been my best season so far.

I missed out Finland due to a vacation. I got back with a small leg injury (overdone the walking...) so decided to wait till today to drive the league.

SS1 was not great but SS2,3 and 4 went well. At that point I was about 10 seconds behind Baunau and a bit faster in the stages. But then in SS5 my leg got tired and therefore the braking got worse which ended in a flat tire at the end of SS5 and a spin at the end of SS6. The shorter SS7 went well again.

On a good day I can do about 30 seconds faster, but well I had fun driving it.

After my horrendous results this season so far, Germany was a step in the right direction. The car did more or less what I wanted and I was very careful in the fast sections, where the RS200 has the tendency to lose grip without warning. Not much downforce there, I guess...

The first three stages were decent, although a bit shaky at times, in SS4 I survived contact with a hinkelstein in fourth or fifth gear, so I held back a bit, SS5 was okay, in SS6 I had a short offroad experience. Nothing too bad.

Unfortunately, in SS7 I did a Meeke, aka going off and losing orientation for some seconds. Alas, that cost me one place, by only 0,3 seconds. Well, there's things worse than that.

Yeah that was close. Next time it is your turn to beat me with such small margin.

I'll remind you of that when the occasion arises...

First 4 stages were great. In SS5 my leg started to give me trouble and from that point it went downhill fast.

SS1 and 2 were a bit sloppy, lost 4-5 seconds on a spin on SS1 and about 10 seconds on 2 spins on SS2. All three were me being a bit lazy with keeping away from the banks, and the catapult effect. The rest of the stages I cooled down a bit and focused on being clean. Had one more small issue and lost a few seconds on SS5, bad braking in the dark.

Had a good time with the quattro overall, but felt like I could go a bit faster if I'd focused more. 

baunau said:
I hate the Metro... (yes, that was a rage-quit on SS2)
I feel you. If you have the wrong feel in Wales the Metro is simply horrible. 

Dytut said:
baunau said:
I hate the Metro... (yes, that was a rage-quit on SS2)
I feel you. If you have the wrong feel in Wales the Metro is simply horrible. 
Shouldn't have played at all tonight, it seems. Tried a couple of other stage/car combos and everything felt off, so I won't blame it all on the Metro (...although, no matter how much I've tried/wanted in the past, I rarely have any fun with it). :-| Bring on the next season!

Did a swift solid run through Wales, not really fast I suppose, but with only one spin and few minor bumps. Maybe I could have pushed harder, surely I could have crashed much harder.

The last two rallies I was trending up, but I really think I would have beaten my times with the Sierra on some events. Strange beast, this RS200.

Had to take a break after the first 3 stages.  Had a really good first stage but then had to reset to stage on the last sector of the second stage from tapping the side of the road and went flying into the trees so I started getting mad and lost focus on stage 3.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better, I have small showings of good pace but than I ruin it all with some stupid mistakes.

EDIT:Well that's the first time my rift has screwed me over in this league.  Had a great stage 4 and 5 and got into second place and then it decided it would leave me in menu mode and not put me in first person on stage 6 so I basically got a big low res theater screen with no head tracking.  Proceeded to bounce around the stage like a noob trying to get used to the jarring change in perception of the game.  No resets just missing a crap load of breaking points and turns. My monitor would have been way better than that crap but there is no way to fix it without restarting the game or stage so was stuck.

That just pisses me off.  At least when it's me going off it's my own fault.

Oof... pleasantly not poop run. Even beat Dytut on stage 2, somehow. I don't look what weather its gonna be ahead of time, even between stages, so seeing River Severn be rain on the second run was... jarring.

Unfortunately pooped the only chance on Sweet Lamb, my by far fastest Wales stage. Could've boosted the rest of the event. :D

Well, first i missed the Germany event. I wouldn't have done that great there anyhow but at least could have collected a few points. Then tonight i sit down to enjoy the Wales event and after 4 full stages, as the 5th opened my computer froze up. Kind of unusual really but upon restarting of course the Wales event had reset. Oh well.

I don't really fell like restarting now and i don't think it's really fair if i do anyhow so i'll take a DNF.
I was in the lead after S4 though. Haha. Just barely with only around 7 seconds i think. Won S1-2 and 4.

Onto next season, well done guys.
:)

Headquake said:
Well, first i missed the Germany event. I wouldn't have done that great there anyhow but at least could have collected a few points. Then tonight i sit down to enjoy the Wales event and after 4 full stages, as the 5th opened my computer froze up. Kind of unusual really but upon restarting of course the Wales event had reset. Oh well.

I don't really fell like restarting now and i don't think it's really fair if i do anyhow so i'll take a DNF.
I was in the lead after S4 though. Haha. Just barely with only around 7 seconds i think. Won S1-2 and 4.

Onto next season, well done guys.
:)

That sucks, I guess I can't complain that much as my game just had a stupid glitch instead of completely crashing.

Despite my complaining I'm actually pretty happy with this seasons result.  Far better than my first two.