DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Did i just.. win? Okay then. KEYBOARD SUPERIOR RACE. :D 

Other than that... wasn't expecting this with a Quattro, but a good thing i didn't take the Manta.

Snaky115 said:

Other than that... wasn't expecting this with a Quattro, but a good thing i didn't take the Manta.
Well done Snaky!  :smiley:

Well done @Snaky115, impressive to handle the quattro suspension with a keyboard :-D Congratulations to the win! 

And honorary mentions must go to @Headquake. I tried my hand at challenging the 4WD with the 037 last time we had this car setup but I was far behind on every event but sweden, but you challenged for the win with the Manta. Very impressive :-)

Dytut said:
Well done @Snaky115, impressive to handle the quattro suspension with a keyboard :-D Congratulations to the win! 

And honorary mentions must go to @Headquake. I tried my hand at challenging the 4WD with the 037 last time we had this car setup but I was far behind on every event but sweden, but you challenged for the win with the Manta. Very impressive :-)

Honorary mention #2 for the MG's of @baunau and @Janneman60 who had some pretty good results, too.

Snaky115 said:

Well shit, I'm returning all my stuff and going back to keyboard!

Congrats on the win.

THINKING, i am still adjusting my brain to actually having a job (my first after finishing college)

Hmmph.. I might or might not have triple vision from tiredness and patching/crimping SMA cables.... Can i get a list of what season used what class? Shift my brain out of neutral at least.

Snaky115 said:
THINKING, i am still adjusting my brain to actually having a job (my first after finishing college)

Hmmph.. I might or might not have triple vision from tiredness and patching/crimping SMA cables.... Can i get a list of what season used what class? Shift my brain out of neutral at least.
Here you go:
  1. 2000s
  2. 1970s
  3. Group A
  4. 2010s
  5. 1980s
  6. 2010s
  7. Group B (RWD + 4WD), except 205 and S4
  8. 1960s
  9. Open (all classes)
  10. Group A, F2 Kit Car and R4
  11. 1970s + Alpine
  12. 2000s
  13. 1980s
  14. Group B (RWD + 4WD), except 205 and S4

That's a big lack of Pug205/Lancia S4.

Just for the sake of variety - late Group B is my call. \o/

This should be fun. Can't wait to go flying off some cliffs.

This is going to be a massacre. So, of course we should do this. I even consider taking the Peugeot. Did I mention the massacre thing?

YoMrWhite said:
This is going to be a massacre. So, of course we should do this. I even consider taking the Peugeot. Did I mention the massacre thing?
Basically my plan. Pug all the way.

Whoa, we never did the pug/S4? Weird :-)

I'll be away saturday to thursday for my yearly ski trip to the alps, so I guess I'll miss the first and maybe he second event :-/
@YoMrWhite, will you do the honors of setting up the league?

Hi!!!

After a year's absence from DR, I'll be able to play again in two weeks with the arrival of my new GPU! How did leagues work again?

Dytut said:

I'll be away saturday to thursday for my yearly ski trip to the alps, so I guess I'll miss the first and maybe he second event :-/

I'll do my best.

Unfortunately my wife's notebook crashed yesterday and she lost all of her data. Everything. The guy at the computer shop said he has never seen something like that. No way to retrieve any data, no clue what caused this. Of course this has to be my priority right now. It will take me a day or two to install everything and get the system running - hopefully. So I think I will set up the league on sunday for a start on monday.

YoMrWhite said:
 Dytut said:

I'll do my best.

Unfortunately my wife's notebook crashed yesterday and she lost all of her data. Everything. The guy at the computer shop said he has never seen something like that. No way to retrieve any data, no clue what caused this. Of course this has to be my priority right now. It will take me a day or two to install everything and get the system running - hopefully. So I think I will set up the league on sunday for a start on monday.

Damn, that sucks.  Did they try putting the drive in another computer at all?

Hi!!!

After a year's absence from DR, I'll be able to play again in two weeks with the arrival of my new GPU! How did leagues work again?
join the leagues through dirtgame.com and use the league option within dirt rally to play.

Gentlemen, the 15th (wow!) DRC season is up and starts tomorrow night, featuring the titanic struggle between the Peugeot 205 and the Lancia Delta S4 from Group B.

As the DR homepage kept throwing me out, I had to set up the season in several steps. I hope everything is alright now. If someone notices any errors, just tell me.

I'm actually pretty happy with that run, only a couple momentary stops in the snowy hairpins throughout the whole thing and no spins at all.  I'm not sure if the pace will be up to par with the rest of you because I definitely could have gone faster in some areas but I'm happy with it either way.  

I made quite a few changes to the setup and definitely seemed to help overall and make it a bit more predictable in the corners. I feel(knocks on wood) I'm finally getting a bit more consistent and knowing when to push and when to back off.

I could nice match your pace through SS1 to 4, we both winning 2 stages. But then it all went wrong in SS5, picked up a flat tire halfway the stage and that was it.

Besides that respect for all who drive the Peugeot, I can't get to grips with it.

Nice run Hypno.  That beast is hard to tame.   I thought I had it, and then it was gone.

Good luck all.

Thanks, I'm honestly a little surprised how well that went as usually the pug will bite back when I'm least expecting it.  Now I'm just waiting for headquake to come and beat us all by a minute plus. lol

My Monte Carlo experience was surprisingly good, given that I hadn't driven the Peugeot for quite some time and never really came to grips with it before.

SS1 and SS2 were good, I was actually in front (for now) until after SS3, when I began to make more and more mistakes, albeit only minor ones. In SS5 I crashed head on into a wall, but came away with it. I was sure the front right tyre would go down, but it didn't.

SS6 was better and SS7 really good. Too little too late to catch @Scyy, but second for now. Not a bad start to the season.

I'm liking how close this event has been so far. Hopefully the rest of the season will be as good.