DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Scyy said:
I'm liking how close this event has been so far. Hopefully the rest of the season will be as good.

Yeah, I was actually surprised how close we were. After SS3, 6 players were spread out over just 10 seconds, and only the last 2 stages changed that. Very nice.

Of course, there are some drivers still missing and they will probably run away from us...

Speaking of missing drivers!

Not much to report other than fkin hell the Lancia S4 is calm. It's freaky.

Snaky115 said:
Speaking of missing drivers!

Not much to report other than fkin hell the Lancia S4 is calm. It's freaky.
Lol, just had to make us look bad huh Snaky? I could never do well with keyboard, that's pretty impressive.

Hell, I couldn't do that well period.(yet!)

Well, okay, i went on a bit of a "2nd place is 2-3 secs behind me on dry Pra d'Alart? OH NO YOU DIDN'T." mood.

I might completely miss out on the next event due to work, so this was a well spent effort.

Filling in for @Dytut, I thought I might just do a little report.

Monte Carlo has been done and first blood went to the Lancia Delta S4, @Snaky115 taking a dominant win, winning all 7 stages. The positions behind him were hotly contested, with only a few seconds covering the next six places after the first three stages.

During the misty and snowy stages of the second leg the field started to spread out a bit more, with @baunau pulling away to secure a Lancia 1-2. Behind him, the Peugeots had a close fight until the last stage, with @Scyy edging out @YoMrWhite and @roustabout for the last podium place. @kildog and @janneman60 lost time in the night stages, coming home in 6th and 7th place.

The other starters fell prey to the treacherous mountain roads, with 3 of them retiring on the first stage alone. The final results:

1 Founder Snaky115 Lancia Delta S441:54.829--
2 Founder baunau Lancia Delta S442:48.344+00:53.515
3 Founder The Hypno Toad Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:17.092+01:22.263
4 Founder Daryl Willcox Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:21.577+01:26.748
5 Founder that_guy Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:26.459+01:31.630
6 Founder kildog Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 244:00.426+02:05.597
7 Founder Jan #NoControl Lancia Delta S444:22.091+02:27.262

Next up: Sweden. I predict lots of spin-o-rama action...                                                                                                                             

Yay, first podium! Even though I know had headquake or dytut run this event I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

So I'll be interested to see how these times hold up. I had a couple of amazing stages(for me at least) like the first one. My rift decided to be stupid again on stage 2 and not put me in first person view but it didn't negatively effect me as much as last time. Had a couple of spins in total on the last 4 stages but nothing to bad, probably lost 30-40 seconds overall from the spins and slow downs when I tapped the banks.

Haven't played in a little while, so good to be back in Sweden :-)

Had a lot of spins and snowbank touches, and not quite in rhythm, but fair pace for getting back in the action :-) Had a good fight with @Scyy, quite fun to see you challenging in Sweden :-)

Thanks @dytut. I'm honestly a little surprised that out of all the classes I've done in this championship I'm doing best comparatively with the group b cars. I think the fact that you can't brake super late helps as I have a tendency to slow down to much and to early with the modern cars compared to what they can actually do in the corners losing time. Whereas my early braking doesn't lose as much time on these cars.

Oof.. snowbanked my way to being upside down on stage 5 for a rare auto-reset. Oopsies. Was frustrated to corner slower than i do with my Quattro on Sweden, so something had to give in.

I never expected to do well in Sweden with the Peugeot and I didn't. Two rolls, one of them a slow double roll which cost a lot of time, a few offroad excursions, albeit without resets, about one spin per stage and a lot of slowing down while I ploughed through the snowbanks. The two passes through Lysvik were particularly bad and in SS6 the car felt weird, like it had a puncture, so I took it very careful.

With all that in mind, the final gap to @Dytut doesn't look so bad and I must have had some good sectors along the way. Could have been much worse.

Did a decent rally for SS1 till 5. I am not the fastest in Sweden so had to fight for 5th spot. Then SS6 came. After the tight first gear corner (at the first checkpoint) the car suddenly (on the straight!!) lost both rear wheels and flew higher as the treetops. Wtf... never had this before and no clue why it happened.

Did a decent rally for SS1 till 5. I am not the fastest in Sweden so had to fight for 5th spot. Then SS6 came. After the tight first gear corner (at the first checkpoint) the car suddenly (on the straight!!) lost both rear wheels and flew higher as the treetops. ****... never had this before and no clue why it happened.

I always had the feeling the S4 is a spaceship in disguise...

Seriously, do you have a picture of that?

YoMrWhite said:

Did a decent rally for SS1 till 5. I am not the fastest in Sweden so had to fight for 5th spot. Then SS6 came. After the tight first gear corner (at the first checkpoint) the car suddenly (on the straight!!) lost both rear wheels and flew higher as the treetops. ****... never had this before and no clue why it happened.

I always had the feeling the S4 is a spaceship in disguise...

Seriously, do you have a picture of that?

No I had no problems on the stage, it was on a short straight, I was in the middle of the road. Just BANG there were the treetops. It was an unpleasant surprise.

Think I had 3-4 spins and an equal number of times where I mistook the S4 for a snowplough, but luckily none of these mishaps led to a full stop or cost me too many seconds. Definitely did not expect to come out on top of this one, as I usually buckle under pressure, but @Dytut's misfortune on SS3 (ugh, that sucks) gave me a little bit of breathing space I guess.
Had fun, looking forward to the next one!

Scandinavian drivers ruled in Sweden, with @baunau taking the win in front of @Dytut, who had to skip the first round. The fight was close for the first two stages, then @baunau was able to build up a lead he never relinquished. After his third place in Monte Carlo, @Scyy had another strong rally and scored his next podium in the best placed Peugeot. Fourth place went to @Snaky115, surely handicapped here by being the only one using a keyboard. Fifth to seventh was taken by a trio of Peugeots, @YoMrWhite, @Kildog and @roustabout. @Janneman60 was in the mix, too, until he had to retire after some freakish incident in SS6.

Here are the complete results:

1 Founder baunau Lancia Delta S439:54.634--
2 Founder Arete Lancia Delta S440:36.733+00:42.099
3 Founder The Hypno Toad Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 241:16.281+01:21.647
4 Founder Snaky115 Lancia Delta S442:00.412+02:05.778
5 Founder Daryl Willcox Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:00.094+03:05.460
6 Founder kildog Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:19.308+03:24.674
7 Founder that_guy Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 244:47.607+04:52.973

And the standings:

1baunau 43
2Snaky115 37
3The Hypno Toad 30
4Daryl Willcox 22
5Arete 18
6kildog 16
7that_guy 16
8Jan #NoControl 6

Nothing decided yet, although the Lancias clearly have the upper hand for now. Let's see if Greece brings some surprises. And maybe a few returnees?

I'm back and back with a bang! Retired on stage two with a puncture and a busted radiator, because screw it. I should have tested the S4 before I chose it.

To clarify, I have to stick with the car I chose for the rest of the season, right?

I'm back and back with a bang! Retired on stage two with a puncture and a busted radiator, because screw it. I should have tested the S4 before I chose it.

To clarify, I have to stick with the car I chose for the rest of the season, right?

Yup, same car through the whole season.

Wow, another event I'm really happy with. Had one spin on each instance of Tsiristra Théa that I got extremely lucky to get away with as it was from clipping the cliff face when driving with the drop on your right and the cliff on your left. No spins on any other stages and all sub 6 minutes. I'm sure others will do better but it's still a marked improvement for me consistency wise as well. I think I may have found my favourite car, along with that I think I'm finally fully coming to grips with my new wheel setup.

Retirement on stage 1. Just could not develop a rhythm with the weird feather weight feeling the S4 had on Greece. Finished only 1 setup run out of like 15 as well. Very confused now.

Snaky115 said:

Retirement on stage 1. Just could not develop a rhythm with the weird feather weight feeling the S4 had on Greece. Finished only 1 setup run out of like 15 as well. Very confused now.

Damn, that sucks. That's actually why I like the pug more, the s4 just feels weird to me whenever I would try driving it. Plus with the pug it doesn't matter if you make a few small mistakes as you can just POWER your way out of them.

I'm expecting bad things in Finland though. I can't help myself from flooring it over jumps and if there is a car that can overshoot them and send you into the trees it's the pug. Even when I know I should be slowing down, my brain says ok but my foot says no.

I was hoping to give you a challenge @Scyy, but my focus was gone this morning and had maximum bad luck. Every small mistake gave huge consequences; a small knock which usually just unsettles the car a little sent me off track och spun me, had three sloooow slides into spectators, beached the car twice. Not sure if I could've beaten you anyways, but would have been fun to see. Oh well, see you in Finland! :-)

Sounds like you had my usual Greece experience @dytut.

Edit:And I'm betting you would have beat me considering how far ahead baunau was. I knew something had to have happened when I saw your times.

This was hands-down one of the best rallies I've done in a long time!
Not much to say about my driving as I made it all the way through to SS7 without any (major) mistakes. However, the fact that it had gone so well really got to me during SS6 where my concentration started slipping as I was slowly convincing myself that a major accident would soon happen (self-fulfilling prophecy). Sure enough, braked too late for the penultimate hairpin on SS7 (at the top of the uphill section) and slid off into the rocks. After some frantic downshifting and a few curses, I made it back onto the road and to the finish line (with a huge grin).

@Scyy, why the disagree to the last report? Some error in there? Or was that just one click gone wrong?