DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Didn't wanna miss out on the Beast-Season completely so I figured I run in Greece at least.
Some mistakes including a big spin right on stage 1. But overall acceptably consistent and got the car to the finish in one piece.

YoMrWhite said:

@Scyy, why the disagree to the last report? Some error in there? Or was that just one click gone wrong?

Whoops, thought I had hit agree @YoMrWhite .

Edit: I'm not looking forward to Finland. I can't get through a practice run, not from crashing out but from landing so hard I'm destroying the car. I really wish cm would have fixed the aero to make Finland not so ridiculous.

Two good stages, so of course in the third stage i became overconfident and went off. I got a reset and a puncture I had to repair. The tyre wasn't the only thing deflated after that. Went off two more times and then just gave up.

Well i missed the first two events of the season but had a good run through Greece. I like the S4 and am pretty used to it's handling.
Bit of trouble in stage 2 with a dumb off and reset, but other than that pretty quick and clean.
:)

Greece did not only break cars this time around, but the morale of some drivers, too. @Snaky115 and myself retired, while @Dytut never came to grips with the handling of his S4 and only could salvage 6th place. On the other hand, @Headquake won in his first appearance this year, while another returnee, @SkyRex, came home in a strong third place. @baunau was solid again in 2nd and now has a healthy lead in the championship. Best Peugeot was once more @Scyy, in front of @kildog, @roustabout being another victim of the greek stages. @Janneman60 had problems early on, but survived to take 7th place. Only 7 of 14 (?) starters finished.

1 Founder VIP Headquake137 Lancia Delta S436:25.859--
2 Founder baunau Lancia Delta S437:18.773+00:52.914
3 Founder SkyRex Lancia Delta S438:25.537+01:59.678
4 Founder The Hypno Toad Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 238:35.188+02:09.329
5 Founder kildog Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 238:50.236+02:24.377
6 Founder Arete Lancia Delta S439:29.137+03:03.278
7 Founder Jan #NoControl Lancia Delta S441:46.330+05:20.471

@baunau looks good for the championship for now and @Scyys strong and consistent season has him in second place, while @Snaky115 dropped to third after his retirement. Up next is Finland and with those cars, nothing is guaranteed there. Here are the complete standings:

1baunau 61
2The Hypno Toad 42
3Snaky115 37
4Arete 26
5kildog 26
6Headquake137 25
7Daryl Willcox 22
8that_guy 16
9SkyRex 15
10Jan #NoControl 12

Well this season surely hasn't been kind to me. Started off with good pace on SS1, but did a slight mistake on a fast part that threw me off track. But managed to miss the trees, only a slight touch on the rear. Got back on track and... "is that a rear right puncture". Got the the finish line, started SS2 in a good mood. Went just slightly wide and put the rear in the ditch. Normally that's nothing, this time it was "rear left puncture". Fuming, I stopped and repaired it. Lost my temper, overdrove a crest and bounced off into a retirement when both front wheels fell off.

Yeah. I'm not in love with the S4 right now.

Finland down. It took every fiber of my being not to floor it but seemed to succeed for the most part. Still had a very broken car at each service with my radiator and exhaust being completely gone along with the suspension being around 30% on the ss7 service. Not my best Finland run but I'm glad to have just finished all things considered.

I'm sure baunau, headquake or snaky are going to come and crush my times. I couldn't touch looperi either.

Had a decent run in Finland except for SS2 were I lost a minute to much.

And looks like that Fin guy is born on these roads :)

Finland was a most unpleasant experience. The Peugeot bounced around like mad and I didn't find any suitable setup. Maybe it's just my driving after all...

I managed to keep it clean (mostly) in the first three strages, but had massive crashes in SS4, 5 and 6. Plus one reset, one spin and one roll along the way. Of course the handling was quite erratic at the end of the event, but I probably should be happy the Peugeot survived and I didn't pick up any punctures this time.

S4 is still freakishly light, and due to work expeditions i am running with severe lack of any kind of game time. Double puncture on stage 2 and i am out already. I only came home when there were only 7 hours left for Finland.

Hell, i think ill actually miss the final event.. maybe, there is Easter so i should be home a day earlier.

Forgot to mention half of stage 1 without headlights because hey, rear side swiping a bush does that.

A little late, but here are the results from Finland. We have now 4 winners in 4 events, this time newcomer @looperi taking the top spot. @baunau was fast and consistent again in second place, with the equally consistent @Scyy on the podium again. There was considerable attrition again, with only 8 finishers out of 14. The championship is now @baunaus to lose, with only @Scyy having an outside chance to catch him. Behind those two, everything stays wide open.

1 looperi Lancia Delta S441:18.930--
2 Founder baunau Lancia Delta S442:06.961+00:48.031
3 Founder The Hypno Toad Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:10.510+01:51.580
4 Founder kildog Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 243:52.041+02:33.111
5 Founder Jan #NoControl Lancia Delta S444:58.655+03:39.725
6 Founder Daryl Willcox Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 245:05.856+03:46.926
7 Founder that_guy Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 245:28.638+04:09.708
8 Voidory Lancia Delta S401:07:15.160+25:56.230

1baunau 79
2The Hypno Toad 57
3kildog 38
4Snaky115 37
5Daryl Willcox 30
6Arete 26
7looperi 25
8Headquake137 25
9Jan #NoControl 22
10that_guy 22

Aaaand Germany is done, without any crashes or big spins. Every second hairpin was a mess, but apart from that, a clean run. Whew... Feels good.

A messy but speedy Germany run for me. Two or three crashes, each with about 5-9 second time loss, i already forgot if i had a third crash, welp. Even with understeer inducing settings i am pretty inconsistent.

Had a good fight with @yomrwhite until the last stage. Pushed to hard in a corner and went off and hit a spectator and that was that.

Overall I'm happy with the run other than the reset on the last stage. Tarmac is definitely my weakest surface so the fact that I was this close to baunau and snaky was encouraging. I'm really looking forward to d4 with the improved tarmac.

Scyy said:

Had a good fight with @yomrwhite until the last stage. Had a reset and that was that.

That was close indeed.

Another event I'm really happy with. My rift glitched out on ss4 but I think I maybe lost 10 seconds at most there. Now that I'm getting used to it doing it once every couple of days I'm not quite as slow when it happens. Had a quick spin in the second to last sector of stage 6, clipped the fence on the left and did a 180, did a quick handbrake spin and lost maybe 5-8 second. Also had a quick roll on ss7 when coming through the first water splash in the last sector and clipped the cliff on the left. Landed on my tires quickly though and recovered pretty fast so probably only lost like 5 seconds.

I'll be interested to see how this one stacks up as I felt faster than I normally do in Wales.

This has been my best season by far, I'll be interested to see how I do with another 4wd class in this championship.

@Scyy SS4 was the only stage I beat you but it was not even a second. The other stages I was about 15 seconds per stage slower. And ofcourse in SS7 I went of with a reset.

I'm glad this tournament with the Lancia is over. Maybe I'm just to old for grp.B cars to handle them. But then again I'm a Lucky guy because I've seen them a lot in real life (rallycross).

Had a decent pace on SS1-2, but started to mess things up on SS3 where I clipped a pole which whipped the rear around, sent the car sideways and ended up parked on the edge of the road with all four wheels off the ground (had to reset), followed by a full spin later into the stage. SS4 was no better as I lost my rear-left wheel in sector 1, but decided to push on instead of fixing it (and lose precious time). Managed to keep it together until the finish line, though; it was basically like driving the 037 with less grip than usual. Rest of the stages were ok, with only a couple of spins, but nothing serious.

Great driving (and a good season), @Scyy, I had to keep pushing quite a bit to stay ahead of you. :smile:

I know it's late, but I've been away the whole day. So without further ado, here's the results from Germany.

1 Founder Snaky115 Lancia Delta S436:42.026--
2 Founder baunau Lancia Delta S437:12.473+00:30.447
3 Founder Daryl Willcox Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 237:25.123+00:43.097
4 Founder The Hypno Toad Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 237:33.372+00:51.346
5 Founder that_guy Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 237:57.039+01:15.013
6 Founder Jan #NoControl Lancia Delta S438:50.088+02:08.062

@Snaky115 scored his second win of the season, while @baunau came home second and secured the championship with one event still to go. @YoMrWhite aka me took his first podium of the year as the leading Peugeot, while @Scyy took forth, hanging on to second place in the overall standings. With only eight starters and six finishers, this was an unusual quiet event.

1baunau 97
2The Hypno Toad 69
3Snaky115 62
4Daryl Willcox 45
5kildog 38
6that_guy 32
7Jan #NoControl 30
8Arete 26
9looperi 25
10Headquake137 25

baunau said:

Had a decent pace on SS1-2, but started to mess things up on SS3 where I clipped a pole which whipped the rear around, sent the car sideways and ended up parked on the edge of the road with all four wheels off the ground (had to reset), followed by a full spin later into the stage. SS4 was no better as I lost my rear-left wheel in sector 1, but decided to push on instead of fixing it (and lose precious time). Managed to keep it together until the finish line, though; it was basically like driving the 037 with less grip than usual. Rest of the stages were ok, with only a couple of spins, but nothing serious.

Great driving (and a good season), @Scyy, I had to keep pushing quite a bit to stay ahead of you. :smile:

Damn, I knew something big had to have happened to you in ss4 when that was where I lost the most amount of time as well. One of these days I'm going to beat you in an event! lol. (Maybe)

I can't wait to see how @Snaky115 places and if I can hold on to second. I know I wouldn't have placed nearly as well overall if some of the other regulars had played more this season(and if @Dytut didn't have such an unlucky season) but I'm still pretty damn happy with this.

That sole hyper pushed Geufron Forest basically saved my arse against Scyy. As i was somehow in the lead after it. Of course lost it on River Severn again, a massive weakspot for me. And then another hyper on final stage to put me into second. Weeee!

Decided to try to just have some fun and see if I could get the S4 to let me have some fun.

SS1 was decent, but had a spin just at the end which cost me about 10s. 
SS2 was also quite OK, but then the S4 reared it's ugly head again. Just the smallest of touches on the right side unsettled the car, which sent me to the left side. But instead of just getting on with it I got a sudden jolt that sent me off track... and into an instant reset. 20 seconds lost :-/

Focused on getting through SS3 clean, which went decently well. Took back 20 seconds on @baunau (what happened there?), and was suddenly in 2nd. SS4 I was suddenly in the lead, which I managed to keep for the rest of the rally. Felt good to end the season of somewhat of a high note :-)

Congratulations to @baunau for a solid season, great driving! @Snaky115 doing well aswell, but the breakthrough of this season has to be @scyy who has had good speed and a real good consistency.

Yeah, the S4 was doing 'flippy shit' entire league, only 2 stages were clean, every single other stage had 10 second time loss. :D

Whales, man... I mean Wales, ekhm.

Scyy keeps his 2nd with a 2 point gap, well done. It was 1 point before Dytut joined. ;o

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to compete in Wales, as I just didn't find enough spare time today. Should have done it earlier, but alas, that's how it is. After some lead changes and tight competition, @Dytut scored his first win of the season in Wales, with @baunau in 2nd and @Snaky115 in 3rd. Best Peugeot this time was @kildog, in front of @Scyy and @Janneman60.

1 Founder Arete Lancia Delta S438:25.721--
2 Founder baunau Lancia Delta S438:38.289+00:12.568
3 Founder Snaky115 Lancia Delta S438:49.269+00:23.548
4 Founder kildog Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 238:52.271+00:26.550
5 Founder The Hypno Toad Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 238:57.836+00:32.115
6 Founder Jan #NoControl Lancia Delta S440:45.914+02:20.193

The final championship standings: With an impressive string of 5 second places and one win, @baunau is the deserved champion, with @Scyy having his best ever season in 2nd and @Snaky115 close behind in 3rd.

1baunau 115
2The Hypno Toad 79
3Snaky115 77
4Arete 51
5kildog 50
6Daryl Willcox 45
7Jan #NoControl 38
8that_guy 32
9looperi 25
10Headquake137 25

Congratulations to everybody. Now it's @baunaus turn to choose the cars for next season.