5 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Repairtime for the Service Areas?

• Short Repair
    • Medium Repair
    • Long Repair
  3. 3. How many Stages between Services? (multiple choice)

• 3 Stage - Service - 3 Stage - Service - 1 Stage (3/3/1)
    • 2/4/1 or 4/2/1
    • 3/2/2 or 2/3/2
    • 3/4 or 4/3
    • 5/2 or 2/5
    • 1/5/1

Damn, I got super lucky to stay ahead of you snaky. Hopefully next season will go as well.

I'm kinda curious what wheel setups do you all have?

Obligatory victory dance...

...kicked into high-gear when I noticed the DiRT 4 pre-order was available!

It was fun driving the S4 again this season, but mostly surprised that I managed to avoid any spectacular crashes.
My choice for next season is the 2010s (and I'll be driving the i20).

Scyy said:

My setup: T300RS steering wheel (540 degrees, hard-lock, manual sequential), T3PA-PRO pedals and TH8A shifter (used as handbrake). Been using 540 DoR for a while as I had a hard time adjusting to the different cars when I used the soft-lock option. I've been tempted to go back to soft-lock + h-shifter/clutch etc., but that would seriously mess with my consistency so I only do that for the occasional custom rally.

Cool, I play with pretty much the same settings and using my shifter as a handbrake. I don't get how people can do 900 dor in this game. Feels like driving a bus.

I'm expecting you guys to pull ahead a bit more this season. I'm practicing braking and I know I'm still braking to early for what the polo can actually do. . Hopefully I can at least stay consistent and not crash out.

I do 980 (or is it 1080) and soft lock with mu T300RS, and usually try to refrain from using the handbrake on any car that didn't have it IRL (don't think I've touched it this season). I like it, you have to rely more on setting up the car correctly which makes the cars feel more different from each other. 
Don't have clutch or H-shifter though.

2010's - splendid. I have the theory that my gap to the fastest guys increases proportionally to the speed of the cars we are using. Maybe my reflexes are lacking. So I am expecting a rather unsuccessful season.

So, who's going to set it up? @baunau, do you want to have a shot at it? If not, I could do it on monday, if no one else wants to do it.

I don't mind setting it up, it's about time I made myself useful around here. ;)

Unless you guys want a longer cooling-off period, I'll set the season start tonight at midnight (UTC/GMT).

Ok, new season is up. Good luck, gents!

2010s sounds great. Wonder if it's time to see how well the i20 can do. Always felt that it's the slowest of the 2010 cars, but I've never really driven it seriously either.

I use a rather worn out DFGT and only 200 degrees rotation. The shifter is ehhh... the shifter and the right flipper is my handbrake.

Don't think I can drive the complete season because of a holiday.

Relatively happy with that event. Last two stages weren't quite as good but was otherwise pretty consistent. I got almost identical times both ways till the last long stage. No accidents and at worst I clipped the wall slightly going a little wide a couple times. Not quite sure how they will hold up since I could tell I could go quicker through some areas. I set personal best times on each stage so was a definite improvement since the last time I had driven 2010s so I'm happy with that at least.

@dytut I always felt the mini or fiesta were the slowest in 2010 class. I like the i20 but just not quite as much as the Polo.

Scyy said:

G27  - paddle shifters - default settings.  I haven't played around with them yet.  I think it's 960 and hard lock.
I use one of the steering wheel buttons for a handbrake.  

Congrats baunau on last season.

Good luck again all.  

Scyy said:

Relatively happy with that event. Last two stages weren't quite as good but was otherwise pretty consistent. I got almost identical times both ways till the last long stage. No accidents and at worst I clipped the wall slightly going a little wide a couple times. Not quite sure how they will hold up since I could tell I could go quicker through some areas. I set personal best times on each stage so was a definite improvement since the last time I had driven 2010s so I'm happy with that at least.

@dytut I always felt the mini or fiesta were the slowest in 2010 class. I like the i20 but just not quite as much as the Polo.

The mini is quite fast if you drive it right, and the fiesta is very fast and quite versatile (very nice torque curve). I've always felt the i20 to be the least powerful and the wonkiest suspension of the 2010 cars. Not undriveable in any way, but it's hard to really wring out good performance from it.

My Monte run is done now, and the i20 was quite fun to drive. Had it at pretty much vanilla settings except for stiffening the suspension and shocks a bit.
No big drama overall, some bad hairpins with small spins but nothing major. Had a nice back and forth fight with @Scyy all the way to SS6 where he suddenly lost 16s on me. Hoping for a podium finish, but suspect I'll be down around 4th once the speed demons have done their runs.

Can't remember what knocked me out of rhythm on the 3rd stage, but eventually missed my timing and hit a bump to fly off into retirement in the snowy climb. Unfortunate.

Admittedly, I've been playing 'The Crew' with a friend recently, man that game has destroyed my sense of braking. :D We'll see if i make to Sweden, i feel i might skip it to maintain my enjoyability of this game.

Only lost 5 seconds each stage except SS6 were I had a spin. For me with a 2010 car this is very good.

Decided to take the Polo and had a mostly clean run in Monte Carlo. Some wide slides, half spins, near overshoots and bumps, but nothing really serious. I could have gone faster for sure, as the second passes on the identical stages were a few seconds faster than the first one, but I didn't really trust the car (and myself) at the beginning. A decent start to the season.

I'm kinda surprised that had it not been for the sloppy last two stages I probably could be leading or at least right next to @dytut.

Wheee, that was fun! :)
The i20's handlng was quite nice and predictable and I was able to maintain a good rhythm throughout the stages. No major mistakes, no bouncing off the walls, just a few minor bruises here and there, which is a small victory in itself.
Quite the nail-biter as well; due to @Snaky115's unfortunate retirement, with @Dytut and @Scyy (shame about your incident) right on my heels, I knew there were no room for mistakes.

Now that was a tight run @baunau, nice driving! Looking forward to having an internal Hyundai fight between us this season :-D

I knew you were gonna edge me out @kildog. Nice run.

So I think I found a way to somewhat negate when my rift doesn't go fully into stage mode. I just run hood cam rather than cockpit view and it's much easier to make out the stage. Still not as good as fully working vr with head tracking but it's much better than being stuck in head cam when it does it. It worked pretty well when it just happened on the weekly.

Scyy said:

I knew you were gonna edge me out @kildog. Nice run. 

Thanks.  I had to reverse once in SS1, lots of  wall banging in SS4  and sloppy in SS6.   I was losing ground to you until SS6.  

Since today (actually yesterday by now) I can't find or access any leagues, whether ingame or on the DR homepage. They just seem to have vanished. Anyone else with the same problem? Any idea what may have caused this?

YoMrWhite said:

Since today (actually yesterday by now) I can't find or access any leagues, whether ingame or on the DR homepage. They just seem to have vanished. Anyone else with the same problem? Any idea what may have caused this?

Some people were talking about it in the gossip thread but no response from cm yet.

It's back up now. Probably behind the scenes weirdness with racenet with D4.

Saving the results here just in case:

Pos.  NameVehicleTimeDiff 1st
1 FounderbaunauHyundai Rally42:38.829--
2 Founderthat_guyFord Fiesta RS Rally42:48.977+00:10.148
3 FounderAreteHyundai Rally42:51.293+00:12.464
4 FounderkildogFord Fiesta RS Rally43:07.893+00:29.064
5 FounderThe Hypno ToadVolkswagen Polo Rally43:11.492+00:32.663
6 FounderDaryl WillcoxVolkswagen Polo Rally43:17.592+00:38.763
7 FounderJan #NoControlFord Fiesta RS Rally43:27.143+00:48.314
8 FounderRene #NoControlFord Fiesta RS Rally43:43.392+01:04.563
9 Founderold NobbiHyundai Rally44:37.888+01:59.059

Tight overall, we're in for an interesting season :-)