DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Probably gonna have to wait till tomorrow to do my run. Hopefully racenet stays up from here on out.

wow...
SS1 - Clean run.  Nice start. Things are looking good.
SS2-SS7 - Spins and rolls and reversing and more spinning.  I had 2 resets on SS7, jumped into crowd and rolled on my roof.

I'm still dizzy.

Surprisingly i won stage 6 at the time of writing this, but after shaking my rust on stage 3 or 4, i did start to spin from the snowbanks, something i didn't have in the first 3. :D Decided to do Sweden in the end, too much time remaining after returning from work expedition not to.

EDIT: Ran into a house on Stage 7. O_o Hello violent understeer, sorry random swedish person!

I'm pretty happy with that event despite a few big mistakes in ss3 and ss4. Rolled over 3 times in the same crash in ss3 and lost all my lights at a bit before the mid way point. Several spins in ss4 but nothing as bad as ss3. But something eventually clicked and a hyper focused ss5 and ss6 (which I won by 10 seconds as of now to my surprise) brought me firmly into second. Was running neck and neck with @kildog till ss7. Expecting @baunau, @headquake or @dytut to push me out of podium though.

Sorry to have pushed you down a spot, @Scyy. :neutral:
Nice driving, though, that was a nice fight you had with @kildog.

Quite happy with my performance even though I had my fair share of spins (only SS1 and 6 were clean). Luckily for me, the spins were not of the severe kind and didn't cost me too much time overall.
I've got a feeling someone will knock me off the top-spot

P.S. Looking back at the last two events, I think I may have been too kind when I set the stage conditions this season; no snow in Monaco and only one night/snow combo in Sweden?! Pfft... :naughty:

Weeell..  at least my last stage was clean. Couldn't really get a feel for the i20 when pushing, so got some really weird mix of understeer and oversteer when pushing harder. Which of course led to a fair amount of spins :-/ Couldn't really figure out what it was at the midway service either, so didn't dare start fiddling with the diffs in case I just made it worse.

After being away the last two days, I was able to squeeze in Sweden just in time. Did a practice run through Hamra in 6.08 with two spins, so i figured I could do it in under 6 minutes. Well, my clean run in the first stage of the Rally was a 6.06. Obviously I was way too careful now...

The rest of the rally was quite uneventful, with only one or two spins and a double roll. Nothing serious here, but I just can't commit to the swedish stages enough and I always lose lots of time in the fast and narrow sections, either by going too slow or by spinning. This time I was clearly on the safe but slow side.

About the D4RC:

Some more thoughts on how to double the event number. I'd like to ask everyone if he thinks the second country is fitting for the enviroment used to emulate it. As said before every location will be used twice, giving it a different flavour with the power of YourStage (hopefully) and probably plus a mixed event with tarmac and gravel stages, summing up to 11 events per season. First I propose my current pick for the second country and in brackets () what other alternatives slipped my mind. Afterwards I post a season calender, roughly fitting to the seasons of a year for that global championship feel:

Sweden :  Norway ()
Sweden fast and muddy-snow, Norway technical and more icy-snow

Spain : China (Germany, Corsica)
Spain technical and dry, China more wet, cloudy and fast and without villages. (The upcoming WRC-China Rally is inspiration here)

Wales : Finland (New Zealand, Japan)
Wales muddy and Wet and complex, Finland fast flowing, more dry and mainly in forests

USA/Michigan : Japan (Canada)
USA dry fast and open, Japan high complexity corners and a higher chance of wet and rain

Australia : Tanzania (Malaysia, Kenya, Ivory Coast)
Australia dry and open, Tanzania foresty/jungly and more chance of wet

Spain & Wales mixed : Croatia ()
Mixed Rally, mostly sunny and Welsh stages preferably with very little forest and lot's of open area

makes 11 events overall. Plus over time probably a DLC location, getting it up to 13 rallies per season. Hopefully this:
Argentina : (Mexico, Greece, Sardegna)

Question is, do you agree with my picks or would you prefer the, let's call it "Pretender-Country", to be one of the others in brackets or would you even suggest some other country instead?

Next Post, the D4RC Calendar:

DiRT 4 Rally Championship (Global Community League) Season Calendar Draft:
  1.   Rally Norway
  2.   Rally Sweden
  3.   Rally Spain
  4.   Safari Rally Kenya
  5.   Rally Croatia
  6.   Rally Finland
  7.   U.S. International Rally
  8.   Rally Wales/GB
  9.   Rally China
  10.   Rally Canada
  11.   Rally Australia

And a proposal of a new reward System:
1st get's to choose the next Season class, and if he wishes can select a stage to be locked in place for 2 locations.
2nd get's to choose a stage to be locked for one location.
3rd can, if he wishes, brand a D4RC Rally with an ingame appearing Sponsor. Like "Exedy Rally Spain" for example

I'd love to participate in this league again, but my G25's been acting up only on DR. The input lag is insane, and the game is pretty much unplayable. The game stops recieving input from the wheel for a split second, locking it at whatever it was at, and then jumps to the current input, if you get what I mean. I've been trying to update drivers and verify the game cache, to no avail.

SkyRex said:

About the D4RC:

Some more thoughts on how to double the event number. I'd like to ask everyone if he thinks the second country is fitting for the enviroment used to emulate it. As said before every location will be used twice, giving it a different flavour with the power of YourStage (hopefully) and probably plus a mixed event with tarmac and gravel stages, summing up to 11 events per season. First I propose my current pick for the second country and in brackets () what other alternatives slipped my mind. Afterwards I post a season calender, roughly fitting to the seasons of a year for that global championship feel:

Spain technical and dry, China more wet, cloudy and fast and without villages. (The upcoming WRC-China Rally is inspiration here)

Wales muddy and Wet and complex, Finland fast flowing, more dry and mainly in forests

USA/Michigan : Canada ()
pretty similar overall but more elevation change in Canada. Canada inspired by Rallye Defi and Lanark Rally

Australia : Kenya (Malaysia, Tanzania, Ivory Coast)
Australia dry and open, Kenya foresty/jungly and more chance of wet

Mixed Rally, mostly sunny and Welsh stages preferably with very little forest and lot's of open area

makes 11 events overall. Plus over time probably a DLC location, getting it up to 13 rallies per season. Hopefully this:

Question is, do you agree with my picks or would you prefer the, let's call it "Pretender-Country", to be one of the others in brackets or would you even suggest some other country instead?

I think Corsica would fit better as the second "spanish" location, with Spain having the faster, more flowing passages and Corsica being extremely twisty. Also, mixing Australia and USA (maybe as Argentina?) or Wales and USA (maybe as New Zealand?) might feel more organic than Wales and Spain.

YoMrWhite said:

SkyRex said:

About the D4RC:

USA/Michigan : Canada ()
pretty similar overall but more elevation change in Canada. Canada inspired by Rallye Defi and Lanark Rally

Australia : Kenya (Malaysia, Tanzania, Ivory Coast)
Australia dry and open, Kenya foresty/jungly and more chance of wet

I think Corsica would fit better as the second "spanish" location, with Spain having the faster, more flowing passages and Corsica being extremely twisty. Also, mixing Australia and USA (maybe as Argentina?) or Wales and USA (maybe as New Zealand?) might feel more organic than Wales and Spain.

The mixed location shall be tarmac/gravel mixed, so Spain has to be one of it.

The problem I see with Corsica is, that the roads there are very narrow one-lane roads for the most part. But in D4 we've only seen two-lane mountain-roads so far in the Spain Gameplay. If Spain also has narrow one-lanes Corsica might be a very good contrasting option, but with the knowledge so far I think China is most fitting. Rally China was/is supposed to be held on very similar roads as in Spain, very smooth surface and flowing corners around hilly terrain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzjMpKr2GU

One more thing:
I think I remember that the event-limit is at 12 events, is that correct?
In that case, we'll have to abandon one rally as soon as a location DLC comes around and if we wish to also double-feature that then. But that can be decided when everybody has experienced 2-3 Seasons.

What a confusing event. So, my story - made a little slowdown on Stage 1 to save myself from a bad error, and nearly retired in Stage 6, but quickly crawled up the hill before the game retired me, wheeeeew.  :no_mouth:

But, some weird inconsistency happened, which slightly threw me off, just enough to nearly retire me on Stage 6 when i was analyzing it during my race. :D As you will notice, my Uphill time on Stage 3 is FASTER than downhill Stage 1, when neither stage had any mistakes that would cost me more than two seconds - I lost SEVEN seconds on Stage 1????? To what?! I am absolutely flabbergasted.

It was aided by some weird difference in weight shifting from Stage 1 to Stage 2, where i thought my game has lost the plot on Stage 2, but then i gained 7 seconds on Skyrex there, so i don't understand anything today. :D 

On a more positive note - Lonely Mini represent!

After two mostly clean, albeit not particularly fast stages, in SS3 all hell broke loose. I had three spins, all in tight places of course and then, when I tried to make that lost time up, a really heavy crash near the end of the stage. The car literally flew and one rear wheel was ripped off. I limped back on the road and finished with a big time loss. Time for a break.

Really thought this event was going well till ss6. Went wide at one of the left 1s and got a rear right puncture in the first sector. Opted to drive on it which seemed to be the choice to make as I only lost a minute. Then had a good ss7 till the single hairpin with spectators, clipped the yellow taped fence and got a restart. Annoyed by this i started getting even madder and started making mistakes. I ended it by flying off on the last turn and finished driving along the stage several meters down.

I'm relatively happy with the pace till then so not a total loss. Just gotta stop the single big mistakes that keep cropping up. Still a lot better than the several mistakes per stage sometimes when I started playing online.

After having a spin, reset and side-roll in Greece... I had some thoughts about my D4RC Calendar: Changed Kenya to Tanzania, as I found out researching the current day FIA ARC Rallies in these locations, that Tanzania is much much closer to the jungle, red-sand driving that can already be seen in D4 Australia footage. And I changed Canada to Japan, as I think Canada would turn out to be much to similar to USA. Therefor Japan will be much more complex and slow in the corners, together with higher chance of bad weather and a 'wetter' feeling than USA.

Oh, man, that was an exciting event! Made a couple of mistakes on SS4 where the car was thrown sideways after some close calls, but the rest of the rally was pretty clean.
Most of all, I'm happy that I was able to keep focused throughout, especially with @Snaky115 right on my heels. Such a shame that you went off-road on SS6 as I'm sure it would have been a real close fight to the end (...and I'm not convinced I'd come out on top).

Hehe, nice drive Baunau. I've been trying to remember what happened with my stage 1, and i just don't know. I underestimated my cautiousness induced time loss? 

Indeed, shame about Stage 6 - some weird understeer happened in the fast risky section, probably just missed a key tap and went straight. I had hit pause mid-air, thinking what is my plan for this goddamn miss. I couldn't even do the safe option, as 'Recover car' wasn't available that high in the air. :D It was right after the corner which is known for retiring you if you fall off, maybe i flew past the retirement zone as i shouldn't have been able to climb up from so deep.

Did the last four stages, and that was a strange rally indeed. After three spins and my violent crash in SS3, which left the car severely damaged, I was so far behind that I decided to just cruise through to the end. Then SS4 was surprisingly fast and SS5 even 2 seconds faster than the identical SS2, where the car was still in good shape and I didn't have any crashes or spins. Huh?

Decent times in SS6 and SS7 allowed me to capitalize on @Scyys misfortunes. Maybe next time I will be allowed to start in wrecked car? Seems to help my performance.

I had 7 clean stages. For me it felt like the max I am able to... only a pitty you guys leave me far behind. Bring on the RWD cars...

This was the last drive of this season, time for some holiday :)

human1101 said:

id like to join this league but the site seems to be stuffed

What exactly isn't working? I seem to be able to access the league page right now.

Finland down. Felt relatively quick but I definitely was a bit more conservative than I probably had to be but after my event ruining mistake in Greece I opted to try to complete without big incidents.

Still had a number of incidents, two in the last two sectors of stage 3, got a puncture after the second but it never even had time to get down to the rim. Lost a good 15 second from the recovery and the slight slowdown from the puncture. Had a couple more mistakes over the rest of the event but nothing huge.

I'll be interested to see if I was indeed to conservative compared to all of you.

Scyy said:

Finland down. Felt relatively quick but I definitely was a bit more conservative than I probably had to be but after my event ruining mistake in Greece I opted to try to complete without big incidents.

Still had a number of incidents, two in the last two sectors of stage 3, got a puncture after the second but it never even had time to get down to the rim. Lost a good 15 second from the recovery and the slight slowdown from the puncture. Had a couple more mistakes over the rest of the event but nothing huge.

I'll be interested to see if I was indeed to conservative compared to all of you.

Not if you take me as comparison...

SS1 was decent, then came the night stage which i messed up completely. 3 crashes, one reset and more than 30 seconds lost. Ouch.

The next stages I could roughly match your times, although the Polo had taken a severe beating, looked bent, began to lose power and made those funny popping sounds on the last three stages. After SS6 I was so relieved to make it to the service that I celebrated this with a nice high speed roll on the last stage.

Without those crashes, this might have been a really good rally for me, as Finland is one of my two weakest events, of course Sweden being the other one. So, it was just an ordinary one.