DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Finland - Destroyer of Cars... all went good until stage 4, where I had the most rolls in a row ever rolled (like 15 or something), which resulted in a car that led my to press "Retire"...

@Hatward just confirmed in the Stage Creater Thread, that the limit of saving stages will be 30ish. That will subsequently limit the amount of 'iconic' stages for the planned D4RC to 2 or 3 per Rally. Probably more like 2 as I'm not in the mood of reserving every single of my save-slots for just the league.
Here's hoping the limit is maybe not set in stone yet and/or increasing later. And that we will actually be able to create appropriate feeling stages for each event on the fly.

Tired, slightly injured from work, 6 hours left in league as i am not at home during weekdays for this specific work project, no chance for rest.. Retired Into Pieces on the 2nd stage, the Mini was handling pretty bad no matter what i did.

Well that was a rage inducing experience. I just couldn't get a good grip on the car and made lots of really stupid mistakes. Several resets and got stuck between two Hinklesteins and kinda did a Austin Powers back and forth for a good 20 seconds to get out.

I'm expecting to be near last.

My Mini came in like a wreeeeeeecking ball! Apart from a silly 5 second spin on second Frauenberg, booo. 

Had to split the event, which cost me a few seconds in SS4, as I was clearly out of rhythm. A few overshot hairpins and half spins in the other stages, apart from that a good run.

Rage retired on stage 3 after 3 wrecks within a minute. Could have finished but was so mad that my altf4 reflex trumped all.

One minor crash in SS3, one spin in SS5 and one big offroad interlude in SS6, where it took me an eternity to get back on the road. Apart from that, a good run. If you guys keep ragequitting, I'm going to win this one!

Hit a couple of rough spots here and there + a barrel-roll on SS4 (negligible time-loss), but the rest was more or less flawless. Very pleased with this season and I quite enjoyed driving the Hyundai.

Since I've won two seasons in a row, I'd rather have the runner-up choose the class for the next one. I.e., the choice is yours, @YoMrWhite. :)

Just checked the list of seasons and it seems both F2 and R4 have been done only once. So this is my choice: A season with F2 and R4 combined.

If no one else jumps in, I will set it up this evening or tomorrow.

Nice, I'm probably gonna do one of the f2 cars. I had rarely driven them but really liked the maxi in the last monthly.

Monte down, that felt really quick but I have barely used f2 cars so I'm not quite sure where the limits are yet. Stage 3 and 4 felt a bit slower but I'm not sure if I actually was. Had a few quick stops and one very quick reverse but generally clean for the most part. Hoping it stacks up to the rest of you, will be interested to see which class fairs better in the long run.

I really like the maxi, the on throttle understeer to power out of corners and lift off oversteer combined with left foot braking make it corner really easily for a fwd car.

Arse.

I was casually testing the Subaru's quirks while preparing for something else. Ran out of desk space so started placing things on my PC case's top. Guess what else is on top of the case? 

THE POWER BUTTON.

RIP. 
Not gonna drive this again, as i accidentally shut down my PC after second Pra d'Alart, Aaaaaaaaagh!

Snaky115 said:

Arse.

I was casually testing the Subaru's quirks while preparing for something else. Ran out of desk space so started placing things on my PC case's top. Guess what else is on top of the case? 

THE POWER BUTTON.

RIP. 
Not gonna drive this again, as i accidentally shut down my PC after second Pra d'Alart, Aaaaaaaaagh!

Crap, that sucks man. You were on course to probably win too.

Besides that, i had my copy of DiRT acting up pretty bad - in short it felt like i had dry handling on stage 5, and mist handling on stage 1, Noticeable for me, since Pra d'Alart alone has been driven for like 70 hours. :D It was very confusing when stage 5 started, and i noticed the sudden increased sharpness. Only brake settings were changed in the service area.

After shortly testing the two F2 cars I decided to let my hands off them and chose the Mitsu.

The car felt big, heavy and my driving sort of slow, so I was kinda shocked to win the first three stages against @Snaky115. Maybe those bigger cars just suit my driving style, as I really like the Sierra, too. Being behind by 0,6 seconds after SS5, that might have been a nice fight. Too bad you decided to clean up your desk at the wrong moment...

Speaking of unfortunate events, I nearly ruined my rally, when I ripped the steering wheel off my desk. I was just able to pause the game fast enough before crashing into something or going off, then put the wheel back in place and continued. Obviously, this isn't a gamers desk. But I like it nonetheless.

YoMrWhite said:

After shortly testing the two F2 cars I decided to let my hands off them and chose the Mitsu.

The car felt big, heavy and my driving sort of slow, so I was kinda shocked to win the first three stages against @Snaky115. Maybe those bigger cars just suit my driving style, as I really like the Sierra, too. Being behind by 0,6 seconds after SS5, that might have been a nice fight. Too bad you decided to clean up your desk at the wrong moment...

Speaking of unfortunate events, I nearly ruined my rally, when I ripped the steering wheel off my desk. I was just able to pause the game fast enough before crashing into something or going off, then put the wheel back in place and continued. Obviously, this isn't a gamers desk. But I like it nonetheless.

You should check out a wheel stand pro or something. It's what I used before getting a full rig. They aren't very pricey and the ability to hard mount the wheel and pedals is great. I myself had nearly detached my wheel from my crummy ikea desk a few times before I decided I had to stop using it for this. You can fold it down and hide it pretty easily as well.

YoMrWhite said:

That sounds just as what happens to my wheel every now and then. My solution is to wait till the end of oktober when my daughter leaves the house. Then I have a whoke room to build me sonething better...

Got my new computer up and running, so tried my hand at some D:R. All settings were saved in the cloud, so that was nice!
Buuuuuut during SS1 I felt that the car was sluggish, and after some spins and crap I realized that I was driving the Ibiza with 1080 degrees of rotation. ARRGH!

Dytut said:

Got my new computer up and running, so tried my hand at some D:R. All settings were saved in the cloud, so that was nice!
Buuuuuut during SS1 I felt that the car was sluggish, and after some spins and crap I realized that I was driving the Ibiza with 1080 degrees of rotation. ARRGH!

Was the computer a good upgrade at least?

After my holiday break I drive a bit sloppy with a lot of small mistakes.

So in 5 stages I did a spin or hit something. The other 2 were I drove without accidents I won.

A bit of mixed feelings, this was an opportunity to win.

Well, that was a short rally... Made it about halfway through SS1 before I slid off the road into early retirement. *sigh*

Scyy said:

YoMrWhite said:

You should check out a wheel stand pro or something. It's what I used before getting a full rig. They aren't very pricey and the ability to hard mount the wheel and pedals is great. I myself had nearly detached my wheel from my crummy ikea desk a few times before I decided I had to stop using it for this. You can fold it down and hide it pretty easily as well.

With Dirt 4 coming up, I'll ponder that for sure.