DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Scyy said:

Dytut said:

Got my new computer up and running, so tried my hand at some D:R. All settings were saved in the cloud, so that was nice!
Buuuuuut during SS1 I felt that the car was sluggish, and after some spins and crap I realized that I was driving the Ibiza with 1080 degrees of rotation. ARRGH!

Was the computer a good upgrade at least?

Yep, smooth as silk :-) Brand new i5 7600K, 500GB SSD, 16GB RAM, and an MSI 1080 Gaming X card. Quite nice to be able to just turn everything to 11 and it's still silky smooth.

Sweden done, felt pretty quick other than a couple issues.

Stage 2 was a disappointment with several extremely high speed rolls. Got lucky though and after several rolls in each accident landed on my wheels facing the right way still going like 70 mph,lol. Lost probably 15 seconds from that which is why it was so much slower than the night snow run of it later in the event. A single spin in each other stage for the most part.

My power stage was am absolute screamer though and was apparently 5 seconds off the wr.

I've got a feeling the traction of the r4s will give them an advantage here so hoping I don't fall to far back.

Whoa, I just won my first event in this league. Took nearly 100 attempts to get there. Hooray!

Strange thing is, this felt quite easy compared to a lot of hard earned fourth, fifth or sixth places before. Guess I was a bit lucky here.

YoMrWhite said:

Whoa, I just won my first event in this league. Took nearly 100 attempts to get there. Hooray!

Strange thing is, this felt quite easy compared to a lot of hard earned fourth, fifth or sixth places before. Guess I was a bit lucky here.

Congrats. My best finish as well I think.

YoMrWhite said:

Grats mate, well earned! :-)

Scyy said:

Sweden done, felt pretty quick other than a couple issues.

Stage 2 was a disappointment with several extremely high speed rolls. Got lucky though and after several rolls in each accident landed on my wheels facing the right way still going like 70 mph,lol. Lost probably 15 seconds from that which is why it was so much slower than the night snow run of it later in the event. A single spin in each other stage for the most part.

My power stage was am absolute screamer though and was apparently 5 seconds off the wr.

I've got a feeling the traction of the r4s will give them an advantage here so hoping I don't fall to far back.

I could almost match your pace on the first 3 stages, but I had small off's as well.

From SS4 on I had no more spins or accidents but lost some time at each stage.

Again nice to see F2 and R4 are so close. I believe Germany is for the F2 drivers and Finland for the R4 guys but w'll see.

Weeeee, Sweden was a ton of fun! Far from perfect, think I averaged a spin per stage, but it didn't matter as I was too busy enjoying the ride.
Managed to keep @Scyy at an arms length up until SS5 where I got stuck on a snow bank and spent a good 12-13 seconds before I got back on the road (was almost auto-reset). My lead was now down to 2,5 secs (exciting!). Lost more time on SS6 which left me 1,9 secs behind before the last stage.
Pushed as hard as I dared on SS7 since I knew Scyy had a good run there, but didn't stand a chance against him and ended my rally 3,7 secs behind.
Thanks for the fight, Scyy, let's do it again soon.

Congrats with your stage win in Monaco, @YoMrWhite! Well earned, indeed. :)

baunau said:

Weeeee, Sweden was a ton of fun! Far from perfect, think I averaged a spin per stage, but it didn't matter as I was too busy enjoying the ride.

Managed to keep @Scyy at an arms length up until SS5 where I got stuck on a snow bank and spent a good 12-13 seconds before I got back on the road (was almost auto-reset). My lead was now down to 2,5 secs (exciting!). Lost more time on SS6 which left me 1,9 secs behind before the last stage.

Pushed as hard as I dared on SS7 since I knew Scyy had a good run there, but didn't stand a chance against him and ended my rally 3,7 secs behind.

Thanks for the fight, Scyy, let's do it again soon.

Congrats with your stage win in Monaco, @YoMrWhite! Well earned, indeed. :)

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't start using the f2 cars more before as they are a lot of fun when setup right. You can absolutely throw the maxi through the corners. Guess I just had fwd=boring stuck in my head.

I'm hoping to have more good fights near the front with you guys. Something just clicked in the last month or so and I feel myself improving every season.

Thanks for the nice words, everybody. It's always a stiff challenge to go up against you. And one I wouldn't want to miss.

Sweden wasn't too pretty, as usual. SS1 and SS2 were without mistakes, but too slow, as usual at Hamra and Lysvik. Norraskoga was much better, with the fastest time as we're speaking.

After the service, my concentration began to slip. Mistakes in SS4 and SS5 knocked me out of the podium. Then came a bigger push at the second pass of Norraskoga, resulting in at least two rolls and two spins and a substantial time loss. SS7 was shaky, but I could hold off @kildog by a scant 2,7 seconds.

Wow, won my first event as well. I wonder who will get their first win next now.

So Greece is done. Definitely felt I could have gone faster in some places but considering my usual luck of pushing to hard and getting a puncture from going wide or off I figured this was the safer bet.

Bumped the cliff face a few times and the worst slowdown was a stop in one of the hairpins where I cut to far and hit a sign and had to reverse.

Scyy said:

Wow, won my first event as well. I wonder who will get their first win next now.

So Greece is done. Definitely felt I could have gone faster in some places but considering my usual luck of pushing to hard and getting a puncture from going wide or off I figured this was the safer bet.

Bumped the cliff face a few times and the worst slowdown was a stop in one of the hairpins where I cut to far and hit a sign and had to reverse.

Congrats. This seems to be a season of firsts... And well done, beating @baunau and winning with a F2 in Sweden. No way I could do this.

Started Greece with a good SS1 and SS2 with only 8 seconds loss each stage. SS3 went very well until almost at the end my PC crashed. Damn, if it's not me it's the PC to crash...

I restarted the lot and hoped to be able to go again with SS3. But no I had to start from the beginning.

So I did. You can imagine I was not in the right mood to do and the result was almost a minute loss after SS3. By now I was out of competition for 1th and that helped because the rest of the stages were pretty good.

Thanks @YoMrWhite

Started Greece with a good SS1 and SS2 with only 8 seconds loss each stage. SS3 went very well until almost at the end my PC crashed. Damn, if it's not me it's the PC to crash...

I restarted the lot and hoped to be able to go again with SS3. But no I had to start from the beginning.

So I did. You can imagine I was not in the right mood to do and the result was almost a minute loss after SS3. By now I was out of competition for 1th and that helped because the rest of the stages were pretty good.

That's the worst when a computer problem comes up at a time like that. Glad a full on crash hasn't really happened in this game for me on this computer. Only real issue is an occasional glitch with the oculus rift but I've more or less learned how to deal with that at this point.

Greece went well.  No major mistakes.  I think I need to play with the setup.

You own that Maxi, Hypno.  You are on a roll lately.  Nice racing.

My Subaru is very late, very fat and, apparently, very angry. I do not usually set times as fast as these with the Subaru 2011 on Greece. O_O Especially stage 1, holy mackerel how hard did i push that. o-o Replay soon in replay thread.

It is also still very fat, slid off a fast right turn right after the retirement zone, again, on stage six. 20 second time loss ahoy! And various other weight shifting or braking mistakes everywhere else

Not a bad run in Greece. There was no way I could match @Snaky115 here, but I build up a nice cushion to 3rd place (for now) in the first 4 stages. I had a slow roll in SS5 which only cost me a few seconds and then one hell of a high speed roll in SS6 which could have easily wrecked the car. Miraculously, I even stayed on the road and again lost only a few seconds. I took it very careful - and a bit shaky - the rest of the way. Phew.

Thanks @kildog means quite a bit coming from you guys as when I started playing online like 5 or 6 months ago even coming close to you all felt like a stretch. I find myself finishing by you quite a bit now on the dailies and weeklies.

Of course though @Snaky115 comes and leaves my time in ruins despite even having a reset to stage at one point. Lol. That was pretty damn quick man. I'm still happy with my times though for my own improvement.

Edit: weird when I made this post no other times had updated on my end. Nice run for second this event @yomrwhite this season is shaping up to be pretty damn close. Glad I at least stayed close to @baunau who was fastest f2 car here.

Scyy said:

I find myself finishing by ahead of you quite a bit now on the dailies and weeklies.
Like I said, you are on a roll.  Keep it up.  

Finland done. Felt quite quick and barely put a wheel wrong other than one big hit midway through the event. I was probably slower than I had to be in some parts but considering my past runs of Finland things can go pear shaped quite fast so better to lose a little time than a lot from big accidents.

The one big incident was on stage 4 where I went head long into a pole at almost top speed after a big jump. pretty sure I almost destroyed the radiator from that, would have probably been a Insta-retire in rbr. Was able to keep it clean till next service but the car did not sound happy. Was making loud hissing and popping sounds non-stop. When i got to service my radiator was at 0% and several other things below 50%.

I'll be interested to see which class has the advantage here. This season is so close so hoping I can stay ahead of @YoMrWhite here. I'm expecting @baunau to leave me behind though.

I've been playing games that my old computer could hardly run (mainly battlegrounds, fun game), but came back for a little bit or DR last night. Soft lock worked again, but I could feel how I've lost the speed not playing for a while. Still getting used to the graphics going from everything at lowest to ultra settings, especially notable how the sun glares in the windscreen in greece.
Drove cautiosly, but still a few mistakes here and there. Was kind of surprised that I was still in the runnings for F2 cars after SS4, and SS5 was decently fast... except for a silly off which of course sent me into the reset area.
But on SS6 I made a real mistake at speed when pushing too hard, and lost a wheel, so retired.

Well so much for my times turning out well. @Dytut is leaving me in the dust at the midway point so far.

Scyy said:

Well so much for my times turning out well. @Dytut is leaving me in the dust at the midway point so far.

And then I retired...

I'm really out of form :-/

I really thought that the R4 would be better as the F2 in Finland. Had a good run, when I compare my personal best times to this rally I only loose less than 10 seconds in 7 stages. But still almost a minute to @Scyy

But lets wait, maybe it is not that bad at the end.

Dytut said:

Scyy said:

And then I retired...

I'm really out of form :-/

Damn that's unfortunate. I don't get how people go any faster in Finland, if I don't hold back i get so much air it makes it almost impossible to get lined up for the coming corners.