DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Got away with a few mistakes in SS1 and had a funny experience, as I was kind of stuck in a small ditch for at least a few hundred meters, while driving in third gear.

SS2 was awful. I just drove worse and worse, had spins, crashes, a blown tire and all kind of warning lights on. In the end I just didn't want to continue. I don't think I would have made it to the service anyway. Embarrassing drive, really.

Well, that was....  different?  

By the middle of the 2nd stage, hard landings had the Coolant light on, nothing new there.  By the middle of the third, it was joined by the EML. OK, fair enough...
After repairs, both stayed on so by the 4th, i had the 'hiss'.  On the last three stages, I must have lost the exhaust completely and the car sounded like an hoarse old smoker that had been shouting at a concert the night before!  I thought the car was going to seize due to the power drop...  Had to back right off on the last 2 as I hadnt the power to pull the car out of slides!

Good fun though!

Arrgh, usually doing okay in Finland, today everything just went pearshaped.

Spins, punctures, crashes etc on every stage, managed to scrape in an eleventh in the end, to no credit of my own....

It would appear I missed a round after only being away for the weekend! Absolutely gutted :( 

Anyway, I just finished Germany, and a small but critical error on stage 2 had me crashing into a gatepost and literally damaged my chances of being competitive in this round. I suffered a significant amount of damaged to both my radiator and in turn my engine, with both deteriorating rapidly. Unfortunately a lot of the damage sustained couldn't be fully repaired, so the damage just carried over onto the next day's stages. 

I still had fun though :] 
It'll be interesting to see where I place despite my car looking like a shoe for the first day. 

I don't wanna talk about my finland run.... it was well, my arch-enemy of the locations striked again -.-

But I just finished the germany run :) Usimg my tarmac setup, which was already quite nice in Monte, proofed to be nice in germany too. Tarmac ftw
Let's see how this time scores me in my home event :)

Almost finished with Germany, had to stop for a while because the G25 overheated. I've been doing okayish, certainly not what I expected or what I wanted. Lots of overshoots and lag spikes got me damaged and stunned. Hell, I was about to overtake Graves on the standings to third and just as I thought "dang that's a nice stage" I lost over ten seconds to him. I'm three seconds ahead of Bear, which is nice. Let's see if I can keep that up.

@SkyRex 

sorry but i have too alt/f4  because game crashed and after it, it updated to  v1.04.

it's not my foult  ;)

Had a go at ze German stages, was going ok.

Stage 1 was a nice run, stage 2 I seen the wet road and knew Id lose out, gave up a bit, made 2 mistakes, 2 minor crashes. Seen the rain on Stage 3 and didn't hold much hope because of the wet, but actually won the stage (that amused me lots).  Stage 4 & 5 went well, stage 6, wife's phone rang, lost concentration for a split second on a flat 6th gear corner & missed my braking.  Took a wheel right off so quit.  
Pity, I was only 9 secs behind SkyRex despite my 2 accidents on the 2nd at that point.  Thought he would have been faster with his tarmac setup to be honest!! Could have been fun! 

I started Germany off by misjudging the speed in a corner since I hadn't runt the stages in a long while, put the front straight into a tree and damaged the radiator. The look of the mangled front end was pleasing to my eye, so I continued to mash it against stones and trees for the remainder of the rally, for that postapocalyptic/McRae look.

My 1st stage:                                                                                                            

https://youtu.be/wfEv4cPny30

I've just revisited the leaderboard, and it would appear that my early damage really did put me way down. Doh! 
At least you finished!  I bailed the Focus! :p   

KevM said:
I've just revisited the leaderboard, and it would appear that my early damage really did put me way down. Doh! 
At least you finished!  I bailed the Focus! :p   

Wrong Focus, that's mine... ekhem, I mean the 2000 one :p 

KevM said:
I hit it so hard, it had morphed!  :D         
And you swapped the rims and repainted the wreck while you were at it? xD

Funny thing is, the car is almost beyond recognition yet... the tires don't have a puncture.

Damn, the Drug Enforcement Administration  ( @dea ) was faster again. If only by 1.2 seconds... There goes my hope to have any chance to reclaim the first position in the rankings (Unless dea and CrazyNevada make serious mistakes in whales while i'm not, which seems very unlikely) 

Just finished Germany. I **** hate tarmac, i have no idea how to drive on it :D So i tried just drive thru without crashing like i did on 2nd stage on Monte Carlo. Was doing okay and having a 2nd place. On stage 6 i was having a speed of my life untill "dont cut" and i did. Full stop and everything went to s**t! :D Lights gone, puncture, engine lights on. Had a long travel to finish but lost only 1 possition and 15 sec. So i speeded up and made a fastest time on the last stage and got my 2nd place back :) Might have won without the crash, well there is only one to blame :disappointed:

"Dont cut"

Very slow but worried not to finish (like in Finland). The last point available went to my team mate. I haven't a lot of confidence with Focus and tarmac.

I don't understand most people here:

>Oh darn I did so bad I crashed into things for the whole rally and my setup was rubbish. Such a bad rally...
>*gets podium place*

Clean and fast run through Germany. I was surprised that I didn't crash because I pushed really hard on some stages. Overall I'm getting more and more consistent now, really happy with my performance. :)