10 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Repairtime for the Service Areas?

• Short Repair
    • Medium Repair
    • Long Repair
  3. 3. How many Stages between Services? (multiple choice)

• 3 Stage - Service - 3 Stage - Service - 1 Stage (3/3/1)
    • 2/4/1 or 4/2/1
    • 3/2/2 or 2/3/2
    • 3/4 or 4/3
    • 5/2 or 2/5
    • 1/5/1

A few too many mistakes - mostly overshoots and small spins - in the first 3 stages, especially SS3. After that it went better, but the damage was done and the gap to the leader stayed at about 20 seconds.

Nice run through Wales, except for SS5, where I touched some logs, got a rear puncture and had to drive half the stage on the rim. Lost at least 30 seconds here.

Now, with everybody fixed on Dirt4, I'm curious if anyone will actually show up to snatch the easy win here.

Completely forgot to run this. Now can't as it will be done before I get home from work.

So I'm not sure I'll run this again now that I'm into d4. If you guys want to vote on what class to run go for it as I shouldn't pick if I'm not really gonna run this season.

Hey guys, I do plan on relaunching the league in DR2 as soon as leagues are available (i hope from launch)

I'll try to add a poll, so everyone interested can voice their opinion on general league structure for DR2

• Thanks 1

I’m in. What about the people that doesn’t buy the DLC and wanna compete in the league? Are they gonna do all rallies except the DLC1 (Sweden, Monte and Germany)

I'm in as well, it's going to be a good league to race people with and to serve as a warmup for the upcoming eSports.

I'm definitely in, but these options are way too short... Why limit it to only 7 stages? Let's bump that up to at least 13, even more would be preferable! Make league events span 2 weekends, Friday -> following Monday so everyone has enough time to do all of the stages. And there better not be a service stop every other stage! Make people balance pushing the limit while saving their car. Running a 15 stage rally with only 4 service stops introduces an entirely new level of strategy you don't get when you can be back to 100% every other stage.

3 hours ago, nachosimonetta said:

I’m in. What about the people that doesn’t buy the DLC and wanna compete in the league? Are they gonna do all rallies except the DLC1 (Sweden, Monte and Germany)

It depends on how leagues are actually implemented.

I hope they will be able to participate in all Rallies, that they own. And they just have to wait out the DLC rallies every season, instead of locking them out.

I do plan on integrating DLC Rallies fairly distributed in the Season. So that there are never 3 events in a row, where we only have DLC Rallies in the league.

Current idea (incl. Season 1) would be a structure of:

1. New Zealand
  2. Sweden
  3. Argentina
  4. Spain
  5. Poland
  6. Germany
  7. Australia
  8. USA
  9. Monte Carlo

Or would you think a changing lineup every season is better?

Edited by SkyRex

11 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

I'm definitely in, but these options are way too short... Why limit it to only 7 stages? Let's bump that up to at least 13, even more would be preferable! Make league events span 2 weekends, Friday -> following Monday so everyone has enough time to do all of the stages. And there better not be a service stop every other stage! Make people balance pushing the limit while saving their car. Running a 15 stage rally with only 4 service stops introduces an entirely new level of strategy you don't get when you can be back to 100% every other stage.

The goal is to focus on the long stages only. And the game will only have 2 of those per Rally. With more than 7 it starts to get really repetitive, we have to few unique kilometer to do more than 7 stages imho.

Service stops will be evaluated, when I get a proper run at the new damage model. With the old, more than 3 in a row was a stretch, because even when driving perfectly clean, a run on Finland would half way damage your car. Currently aiming again for 2 Stops on 7 Rallies, or 1 stop for 5

12 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

The goal is to focus on the long stages only. And the game will only have 2 of those per Rally. With more than 7 it starts to get really repetitive, we have to few unique kilometer to do more than 7 stages imho.

Service stops will be evaluated, when I get a proper run at the new damage model. With the old, more than 3 in a row was a stretch, because even when driving perfectly clean, a run on Finland would half way damage your car. Currently aiming again for 2 Stops on 7 Rallies, or 1 stop for 5

Fair enough, but I don't think running the same KM is a bad thing. Currently in my league we'll do Sprint A first in morning overcast (or something), Sprint A Reverse (overcast/maybe rain), Long A (afternoon), and maybe a Sprint B (midday) before a service. I get there are only 8 stages to run per location, but rerunning some of them in different conditions (like for SS10 running Long A Reverse Night/Rain) creates some really intense moments because people start getting a bit more confident since they "know" the stage already.

As for the service stops being hard already - that is the entire point. Want to post a fast time? Get ready to deal with a beat up car. Want to save your car so you can keep driving it hard(er) all 13 stages? You're going to be 5-10s off lead time but you'll be able to keep pushing for longer. It's a trade-off, speed or reliability forcing you to decide when pushing it is worth it. We did Finland like this a couple weeks ago in my league. The biggest jumps? I'd brake check the hell out of them into 5th gear and do almost no damage. Caused me to be 10s behind DannyBoy - then DannyBoy DNF'd around SS7 because he beat the hell out of his car. You could tell he noticed it too around SS5 when his times all of a sudden became 5-10s slower than mine.

22 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Fair enough, but I don't think running the same KM is a bad thing. Currently in my league we'll do Sprint A first in morning overcast (or something), Sprint A Reverse (overcast/maybe rain), Long A (afternoon), and maybe a Sprint B (midday) before a service. I get there are only 8 stages to run per location, but rerunning some of them in different conditions (like for SS10 running Long A Reverse Night/Rain) creates some really intense moments because people start getting a bit more confident since they "know" the stage already.

As for the service stops being hard already - that is the entire point. Want to post a fast time? Get ready to deal with a beat up car. Want to save your car so you can keep driving it hard(er) all 13 stages? You're going to be 5-10s off lead time but you'll be able to keep pushing for longer. It's a trade-off, speed or reliability forcing you to decide when pushing it is worth it. We did Finland like this a couple weeks ago in my league. The biggest jumps? I'd brake check the hell out of them into 5th gear and do almost no damage. Caused me to be 10s behind DannyBoy - then DannyBoy DNF'd around SS7 because he beat the hell out of his car. You could tell he noticed it too around SS5 when his times all of a sudden became 5-10s slower than mine.

But that would defeat the whole nature of having to face different conditions every season. Running the same stage, same direction 3 times in 3 different conditions will essentially give you all the basic characteristics of that stage (night, dry, rain/snow). You would effectively have one or two different conditions per stage per season only, which essentially makes it a very very similar run every season.

Part of rallying for me is, that while all rallies have a constant character, you never surely know how the conditions will be the next year. You might have to face a super-dry or a pouring wet event and deal with it. Giving the whole rally such different characters is imho only possible if keeping the unique-km-ratio also high, to prevent in-event repetitiveness.

EDIT: I just deleted all low-vote options, making it a head to head now for the structure. Those whos vote got deleted through this, please be encouraged to vote your favorite of the remaining two again. (Even though it might only have been your second or third favorite option)

Edited by SkyRex

11 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

But that would defeat the whole nature of having to face different conditions every season. Running the same stage, same direction 3 times in 3 different conditions will essentially give you all the basic characteristics of that stage (night, dry, rain/snow). You would effectively have one or two different conditions per stage per season only, which essentially makes it a very very similar run every season.

Part of rallying for me is, that while all rallies have a constant character, you never surely know how the conditions will be the next year. You might have to face a super-dry or a pouring wet event and deal with it. Giving the whole rally such different characters is imho only possible if keeping the unique-km-ratio also high, to prevent in-event repetitiveness.

Fair enough, but how long are your seasons going to last I guess? Anything faster than every 3-4 months seems like you're rushing it. A new event every 2 weeks gives us 12 weeks worth of events Day 1 and 16 weeks worth by Day 60? So it feels like a full season by the time you complete all of these different events, you've fully traveled everywhere over the last few months.

You'll have different conditions next season too, but they are spaced out far enough that I don't really think "knowing" the stages and conditions will be that big of an issue, especially if we include deformation. And I'm not saying you have to rotation through the conditions every event, but it is a decent option to throw in there if you are running double stages. And we also setup the rally to "progress over days" like you would expect in real life. SS1 is Morning, maybe it's overcast maybe not; SS2 normally keeps morning and maybe the weather gets a bit worse so it's cloudy; maybe by SS4 it's afternoon rain cuz of the morning clouds. By SS 8 it's late at night and your on the upper Long stage for the location. We try and make our leagues feel like actual progression through a rally weekend. 

Edited by CatBadders
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Yes, that’s good. Or maybe try to do something like 2 long stages and a Power Stage with a short and reverse stage. It depends if codies let us see the time per stage or only the overall time.

9 hours ago, CatBadders said:

Fair enough, but how long are your seasons going to last I guess? Anything faster than every 3-4 months seems like you're rushing it. A new event every 2 weeks gives us 12 weeks worth of events Day 1 and 16 weeks worth by Day 60? So it feels like a full season by the time you complete all of these different events, you've fully traveled everywhere over the last few months.

You'll have different conditions next season too, but they are spaced out far enough that I don't really think "knowing" the stages and conditions will be that big of an issue, especially if we include deformation. And I'm not saying you have to rotation through the conditions every event, but it is a decent option to throw in there if you are running double stages. And we also setup the rally to "progress over days" like you would expect in real life. SS1 is Morning, maybe it's overcast maybe not; SS2 normally keeps morning and maybe the weather gets a bit worse so it's cloudy; maybe by SS4 it's afternoon rain cuz of the morning clouds. By SS 8 it's late at night and your on the upper Long stage for the location. We try and make our leagues feel like actual progression through a rally weekend. 

That kind of leagues with the “progress over day” sounds really good. Hope codies let us use stage degradetion also, to be even more tricky.

Edited by nachosimonetta

As the First Season is already confirmed,

and with the Flags already present in the game for the other 3 DR1 Locations, I thought I imagine a Season structure for the new DRC consisting of all 12 Rallies.

Structured in a way that spices things up compared to traditional WRC-calendars, setting different stakes on some classics, while still being believable as a Season that could take place in a year:

244559554_UnbenanntePrsentation.png.2752133cb668bda2ba3bfca443ba6f28.png

Not sure if to switch Australia and New Zealand around, but the rest seems logical to me. Also ensures there are never two DLC Rallies of the same Season following each other. Only case DLC is even double-taken is for GER->FIN, which are from different seasons.

What do ya think?

Looks good to me! Only request is that you use NZ's proper flag

laser-kiwi-flag.jpg.79c6fcc1d2cf092aef21e321ee4b1ac7.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

To be honest the order looks weird. But that's probably just me being almost intransigent about changing the WRC order too much.

That NZ flag needs to get fixed lol

Edited by Riggs

Posted (edited)

The League actually carried over from DiRT Rally 1. Everyone should still be joined if they were before. Newcomers welcome of course.
I'll set up the first season now...

EDIT: First Test Season is online: Just one event in New Zealand. (There is a bug, making Sweden and Germany impossible to pick, so Full season will follow later)

Time: 3 days and 12 hours

2000cc Cars, Random weather, 6 long & one short stage.

These settings:

image.thumb.png.bdd7e310cd38785b10c3a2b0aee3a5ea.png

Opinions on them?

Should assists be off? Should Cockpit be forced? (Hardcore Damage stays definitely.)

Good luck everyone on this Test Shakedown in NZ

Edited by SkyRex

Posted (edited)

check 

check 

check

uncheck

Edited by kildog
cockpit camera needs improvement...
  • Agree 2