DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Had to retire because I need more practise with hards. Everything working fine on my end though.

Whoooooo!

I did a run through, love that clubs are in! 

****** drive on my part, but what the hell. Managed to roll on SS2, and SS6 was complete ****. Went off twice, and managed to nudge a wall at high speed and got a rear puncture which I stopped and fixed. Suffice to say, I won't win this one 🙂

Wanted to start of with it, was stupidly overconfident and packed no spare tyres... Got a puncture on the first stage -.-

Now have to decide if I want to drive two full size NZ stages with no front tyre or rather retire straight away XD

42 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Wanted to start of with it, was stupidly overconfident and packed no spare tyres... Got a puncture on the first stage -.-

Now have to decide if I want to drive two full size NZ stages with no front tyre or rather retire straight away XD

I always pack a spare except for dailies. And with hardcore damage it takes so little to puncture.

So, finished too. Used a bug though, the tyres get repaired between stages, even if you haven't packed a spare tyre. Should get fixed in future though.

I'd kindly ask those who drove it for some structure feedback: 
How was the Tyre wear? Been driving on mediums fine stages 1-6.
Was the service park time feeling too long or short?
Was the 3/3/1 stages schedule good or would a 2/4/1 split be better?

2/4/1 would be my choice. 4 stages makes it risky to use softs. 

I think I'll create another Poll with some questions and rework the First Post.
We will have to wait for a bugfix anyway until starting a full season.
I will not go through the effort of tracking everyones points myself and if the servers keep rewarding points to people who didn't even start, while the podium players get zero
(the the Expert Dirt Club), there is no point in starting.

Please take part in the poll though, so the season can start as soon as possible. Super excited the League feeling of DR1 will be revived soon

Realized a mistake when editing the poll.
Those who had voted in the first question couldn't do so in the second.
Had to delete it fully and redo the poll, now everyone should be able to cast there votes.
Sorry for the mishap

Posted (edited)

The Results from the Test Rally:
image.thumb.png.283acc3f44c5e564c18b6ea66676f466.png

And the still bugged Championship standings.
Points are currently not always awarded according to position in the event:
image.thumb.png.8d6bdc4b9834643020c974cd603d5bf4.png

The First Full-Size Season will start as soon as this bug has been properly eliminated by the devs.

EDIT: Although... it seems like the points are correct for all who actually finished the event(?) Which would be all until Pos. 9 @Evilsmurf
        All following had 15 min stage times. Can a few more pairs of eyes confirm this? Am I misreading? Is this good enough?

Edited by SkyRex

I did finish, although the car was pretty beat up and had no power left 😂

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, nachosimonetta said:

Hey! Can anyone send me or post the link to the club so i can join it? 

It's on the front page of this thread

EDIT: There seems to crystalize a pattern regarding the preferences. So I think I can setup the first season soon.
Despite a few bugs remaining... Anyway, my plan is for the first season to end very close to the Wales release, so to incorporate Wales in the second season already

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, SkyRex said:

EDIT: There seems to crystalize a pattern regarding the preferences. So I think I can setup the first season soon.
Despite a few bugs remaining... Anyway, my plan is for the first season to end very close to the Wales release, so to incorporate Wales in the second season already

Or if you follow a wrc calendar structure you can even set Wales as the season 1 finisher :d just 3 weeks remaining.

Edited by Riggs

On 6/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, SkyRex said:

Thanks bro 👍🏼

The Season is set up. (Site is still buggy, took some tries)

Start: Tomorrow Noon

End: 16.07.19 Midnight (Wales Release)

Duration: 9 Rallies, each lasting 2 days & 12 hours. (cut to fit schedule)

Class: R5

Calendar: Summer Break
image.png.6308bbcaaa3b1962ecb86fceeabbc523.png

Work in Progress

I'm still working on the different calendars, idea is, one of the podium drivers can pick the Calendar for the next season.
I want every podium-driver to win some choice. This will be one of those.
More details further down the line.

I wish you all good luck for the first full DRC Season in DR2.
And remember: Only one vehicle allowed! ( @PJTierney maybe a suggestion to the devs? To lock a car for a championship? And could you verify, what EXACTLY happens when "assists allowed" is checked or unchecked?)

Good Luck to all

need update for tyre need more tyre strategy because soft tyre is personnaly the hard tyre is very grippy and soft tyre wear to slowly , for repear time i choose short and meduim , and stages before services i choose first 2/5 and 1/5/1 for tyre strategie ( need update for wear tyre) sometime , second 3/3/1 and 2/3/2 normal stage and third 3/4  

This would've been a destructively quick run, but i forgot about the setup reset bug... Good bye nearly 20kmh of my top speed and the oversteer setup. 😅

Ensuing hand-braking to rotate the car of course killed my tires. I even jumped the start on SS6 OOPS.

18 hours ago, SkyRex said:

And could you verify, what EXACTLY happens when "assists allowed" is checked or unchecked?

I´d like to know that one also.

How about at this club, is it enabled or disabled?
Other club settings?

1 hour ago, MJV1973 said:

I´d like to know that one also.

How about at this club, is it enabled or disabled?
Other club settings?

image.png.1938e8ae4d77e7093ce26dd04670acad.png

Okay thanks :classic_smile:

I wonder do you get better times with assists?
Mean if hardcore gamer use assist or without, which one give better stage time?
Personally never tested, always without.

Ok run, didn't quite feel confident enough to push hard so went for getting to the finish line.  Could've squeezed out a few more seconds from the Polo, but no chance for me to keep up with @Snaky115.

Huh... How not confident were you? I had destroyed tires on SS2, 3 and 6, and jumped start on 6... Curious. I guess it is just 'me' things 😄.

Posted (edited)

@Dytut
Just 1 sec behind, all because of a Spin in the night stage...

But, ohhh I've missed this. The League is back

tumblr_owsun9Tn7g1snteogo1_r1_500.gif

...Only real annoyance are those Bugs. No Service Park? Yea, Reset my whole setup... Oh you finished a stage in good condition?  Broken Windscreen next stage anyway... @PJTierney

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, MJV1973 said:

Okay thanks :classic_smile:

I wonder do you get better times with assists?
Mean if hardcore gamer use assist or without, which one give better stage time?
Personally never tested, always without.

Only time assists can really "help" is for keyboard & gamepad users, since most will use ABS which helps because they don't have the finer controls of wheel+pedals.

Other than that though, it is 100% personal preference. Find someone who can post a WR with assists and 3rd person camera, and I'll find you an alien who can do it without assists in cockpit; and another with only ABS on bonnet cam. Assists + camera aren't going to make you better or give you a win just because the other driver didn't use them - they can only help you feel more comfortable for the race.

• Like 1