DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, Snaky115 said:

Huh... How not confident were you? I had destroyed tires on SS2, 3 and 6, and jumped start on 6... Curious. I guess it is just 'me' things 😄.

Quite a bit. I had no setup for gravel for the Polo, so I went at it vanilla. Changed the gearing a bit at first service, but that was it. Might've found a bit more courage if I'd spent more time on setup I guess.

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

@Dytut
Just 1 sec behind, all because of a Spin in the night stage...

But, ohhh I've missed this. The League is back

tumblr_owsun9Tn7g1snteogo1_r1_500.gif

...Only real annoyance are those Bugs. No Service Park? Yea, Reset my whole setup... Oh you finished a stage in good condition?  Broken Windscreen next stage anyway... @PJTierney

Jebus, that was close. We had almost identical times on the last two stages... So... game on! 😄

The resetting bug between stages is a known issue.

image.thumb.png.9d8a8087a2a9a39d7d603536b0b3a395.png

Standings after Germany. Onto Argentina next.

In case anyone wonders, I chose to make also stage 7 in Argentina a long stage, because the overall stage lengths are so short there.

I started out Argentina horribly, two really slow slides off after being a bit unused to the new setup. Then managed to keep level with Mirk, but couldn't catch up. Tried to push a bit on SS6, but misjudged how little grip the worn softs had and slid a bit wide and spun on the fast section 😕 After that I just brought it home. Hope it'll be enough for a top 10 finish, but meeeh. 

Hello guys,

I'm new here I hope you don't mind me taking part in the league! I really enjoyed it. Only recently discovered you guys, as I look to take part in more things!

The run went ok, I will be using the VW Polo R5 for the season. Skuz187 is my Racenet i believe.

GL HF!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone! As clubs are now in and steams summer sale is on, I decided to finally jump aboard and buy.

Since I enjoyed this league so much in DR it was a no-brainer to take part. And hey, I'm still one of the managers...

Argentina went as expected. Without any experience, i was miles behind in SS1 and missed a bridge in SS2. Terminal damage. It will take some time to get accustomed to the game, so this first season will be just learning the tracks. Good to be back!

Edited by YoMrWhite
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, skuzza187 said:

Hello guys,

I'm new here I hope you don't mind me taking part in the league! I really enjoyed it. Only recently discovered you guys, as I look to take part in more things!

The run went ok, I will be using the VW Polo R5 for the season. Skuz187 is my Racenet i believe.

GL HF!

Of course you're welcome, and well driven! 🙂 

3 hours ago, YoMrWhite said:

Hello everyone! As clubs are now in and steams summer sale is on, I decided to finally jump aboard and buy.

Since I enjoyed this league so much in DR it was a no-brainer to take part. And hey, I'm still one of the managers...

Argentina went as expected. Without any experience, i was miles behind in SS1 and missed a bridge in SS2. Terminal damage. It will take some time to get accustomed to the game, so this first season will be just learning the tracks. Good to be back!

Yeay! Welcome back! 😄 

It takes a little while to get into the swing of things, but DR 2.0's handling model is just sooooooo enjoyable.

Did you just say 'gravel' when talking about Germany Dytut? 😄 

also FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf i was away on work trip entire week, did not realize Argentina ended before friday midnight, aaaaaaa.

Rage retired with these awful New England pacenotes, never again. Something quirky about this gravel specifically as well, where the car has this uncontrollable loss of control/slide/rear tires gripping too hard that make me slam desk so hard monitor falls over.

KB things i guess.

5th place, wh000t!? 😄

There are definitely much faster guys than me in the championship, but was better than I thought in argentina.

Wonder how many seconds I could save with proper tuning setup.

13 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

5th place, wh000t!? 😄

There are definitely much faster guys than me in the championship, but was better than I thought in argentina.

Wonder how many seconds I could save with proper tuning setup.

Currently, sadly none. Tuning setup gets reset after each stage, it's a known bug with clubs currently...

Posted (edited)

Wow, is this really hardcore damage? I never thought the Peugeot could survive such a beating.

It started with a strange bug in SS1, as the car was missing some body parts right from the start und got more and more "naked". At the end of the stage it looked as if driver and codriver were floating in between four tires, with nearly everything else gone. Of course this was quite irritating and might have contributed to the numerous crashes I had in this stage.

From then on, the car was more or less done. I reached service with a severely bent steering and an engine that sounded terrible and was dramatically low on power. Quick fixed everything (more than 2 minutes penalty) and carried on, picking up more crashes and three punctures on the way to a most lowly finish.

By the way, the visual bug didn't show up again after SS1. Verrrry strange.

Edited by YoMrWhite

On 6/28/2019 at 6:21 PM, Snaky115 said:

Did you just say 'gravel' when talking about Germany Dytut? 😄 

also FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf i was away on work trip entire week, did not realize Argentina ended before friday midnight, aaaaaaa.

Haha! Yeah I actually did, must've been asleep 😛 

Stage 3, full speed head on into a Rock covered by a Bush... Terminal damage

Meh, missed New England completely, had pretty much no time this weekend for that.

A week per event would have been better in my opinion.

This way I will miss several events surely 😞

But it's too late I guess.

I managed to survive, but that reset of the settings is a *******. The default setup on the polo made me spin a bunch of times, since when pushing the rear can just snap out all of sudden. 

image.thumb.png.6dc7670bd7ee09cab03642b3d65b6deb.png

Standings after USA

Remember, this is a shortened Season. The proper seasons will have 3 days and 12 hours per event once Wales is released and included. Two Rallies per Week exactly.

I need to try find more time to play... only managed 3 stages

So, Sweden went much better. (Which isn't a high bar, after a retirement...)
Actually had zero "happenings", not even a spin, am very happy, a nice clean run through it all. If it was any fast though, we'll see once more times are in.

Although I've to admit, 'Heavy Snow' in Sweden in Daylight... Almost Whiteout conditions, you can barely see the da*n road.

20190701183126_1.thumb.jpg.4467228376e5e78227237700abfa227d.jpg

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

So, Sweden went much better. (Which isn't a high bar, after a retirement...)
Actually had zero "happenings", not even a spin, am very happy, a nice clean run through it all. If it was any fast though, we'll see once more times are in.

Although I've to admit, 'Heavy Snow' in Sweden in Daylight... Almost Whiteout conditions, you can barely see the da*n road.

20190701183126_1.thumb.jpg.4467228376e5e78227237700abfa227d.jpg

Really good job. I was really pushing on SS6. But I wanted too much and I lost half a minute there. But the fight from SS2 on was very intense.                                                                        I've shown my potential in the last stage (SS7) as I didn't have any pressure. I will have to work on my consistency but I'm really happy with my driving even though I drove with the default setup and had lots of understeer in some places.

Well now, that was tight 😄

Was surprised that I was in the mix after SS1, where I really didn't get into rhythm.  SS2 was the same, not quite getting into it. 13s off the lead by that point. SS3 I started to get into it, but managed to spin in stage. Luckily I spun back the right way, so could continue with just 3-4 seconds lost. Was slightly shocked to see I had gained time on the lead even with the spin. 

SS4 was a bit off, once again I didn't quite get into rhythm. But on SS5 and SS6 it started to click. Managed to get into the lead by 13 seconds in front of @SkyRex, and then I dialed back slightly on SS7 just so I wouldn't crash. Ended up leading by 10s in front, which was way more than I expected at the start. Let's see what @skuzza187 and @kildog will do about it 😄

Did very badly on Sweden, like I expected.

On SS7 I got a puncture, don't really know how I managed to get a puncture in Sweden, lol.

I really need to practice more there.

I don't get how you guys could be THAT fast on SS5 with the heavy snowstorm.

I was practically driving blind.

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.e8884717137c74ae06777764392f7bbd.png

Standings after Sweden.

Am surprised to see the poll shift towards Forced cockpit cam, if this stays the way, I will implement the lock for the next league

Edited by SkyRex
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Fait très mal sur la Suède, comme je m'y attendais.

Sur la SS7, j'ai eu une crevaison, je ne sais pas vraiment comment j'ai réussi à en avoir une en Suède, lol.

J'ai vraiment besoin de pratiquer plus là-bas.

Je ne comprends pas comment vous pourriez être aussi rapide sur l'ES5 avec la grosse tempête de neige.

Je conduisais pratiquement aveugle.

Same for me ! Hope i will be better next stage !!!