DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

I nearly missed Sweden! Been dealing with some in real life things but managed to squeeze a run in.

Really enjoying the league great fun to be part off! Thanks to the organisers for this. I look forward to Monte, GL HF to all runners 🙂

On 7/1/2019 at 8:35 PM, lskill said:

Really good job. I was really pushing on SS6. But I wanted too much and I lost half a minute there. But the fight from SS2 on was very intense.                                                                        I've shown my potential in the last stage (SS7) as I didn't have any pressure. I will have to work on my consistency but I'm really happy with my driving even though I drove with the default setup and had lots of understeer in some places.

Remember, no changing cars mid season 😉 

As usual, Monte is not my strongest. Oh well, managed to get through, and amazingly I currently won the last two stages 😮 Still beaten by @kildog overall, and @skuzza187 will probably smoke us both... but not too bad for being me in Monte 😄

Got kicked from the event after stage 3, because time was over 😞

I had small hope, that it let's me finish as long as I'm doing it in one go, but no.

Had just not enough time the last two weeks, so already the second event I missed out.

Was bad anyway.

image.thumb.png.1fcdb1d3d54f1eb9361c46b38d4b8a88.png

Standings after France,
I can't picture all that have points, so remember you can always check it ingame and on the website too.

Guess it's time to throw caution to the wind and drive without a spare if I'm going to have any chance of keeping up with @skuzza187. Game on!

Damn BS... Had a good run until stage 4. Then the sound-cutout bug hit me and I lost engine and copilot sound...
No way to drive competitive without copilot so I decided to retire...

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

Damn BS... Had a good run until stage 4. Then the sound-cutout bug hit me and I lost engine and copilot sound...

Is that bug still around? That's kind of crappy 😕 

I had a really bad event myself, just one clean stage. The default setup of the Polo in Australia just isn't working for me, I keep thinking it'll grip on corner exits but it just keeps on sliding. And on the stages I could use my own setup I overdrove and spun 😛

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Bon sang, BS ... a bien couru jusqu'à la quatrième étape. Puis, le bogue qui a provoqué la coupure du son m'a frappé et j'ai perdu le son du moteur et du copilote ...
Impossible de conduire de manière compétitive sans copilote, j'ai donc décidé de prendre ma retraite ...

I m on xbox but when it s happening i queat the game, back to xbox menu, and re open the game ! the sound come back every time 😉

16 hours ago, Dytut said:

Is that bug still around? That's kind of crappy 😕 

I had a really bad event myself, just one clean stage. The default setup of the Polo in Australia just isn't working for me, I keep thinking it'll grip on corner exits but it just keeps on sliding. And on the stages I could use my own setup I overdrove and spun 😛

My thoughts exactly. (well almost, just replace Polo with Fiesta.) I had a few spins.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, SkyRex said:

Next time I would wait until the next stage is loaded, theres a good chance it will come back then.

But yeah, really frustrating this bug still exists.

I had a very bad event too, lol 😄

Didn't even make it to the 3rd sector of the 1st stage without a huge mistake and a puncture. Lost around 1m 25s on the first stage alone.

Was a bit demotivated after that and had several more incidents.

I shouldn't do club runs directly after waking up, lol.

What happened in New Zealand?

Everyone except Skuzza messed up here somehow.

Pretty strange 😄

I personally got the sound-cutting-out bug yesterday in SS1 shortly after the start and then crashed. Lost 2 minutes there.

After that it was ok, pretty solid.

38 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

What happened in New Zealand?

Everyone except Skuzza messed up here somehow.

Pretty strange 😄

I personally got the sound-cutting-out bug yesterday in SS1 shortly after the start and then crashed. Lost 2 minutes there.

After that it was ok, pretty solid.

Pretty much that on my part. Was completely out of rhythm, every time I pushed I managed to touch a bank and spin or understeer straight out of a corner. 

This whole season has been a most humiliating experience for me. I don't know where to push, I miss corners and end up at the wrong side of fences or guard rails, I correct too much or not enough, hit banks regularly and night stages are completely killing me. It will take some time until I'm only remotely competitive.

Posted (edited)

Spain started off slow, no bloody contrast in stage 1 lighting, fine, take it slow. 2nd stage i was about to get ahead of best time with medium tyres but then Spain+FX9590 happened, stuttered hard in the 2nd half, again, triple puncture crash on a fast corner exit = Alt + F4. Oof.

EDIT: nearly identical story for Poland, wow.

Edited by Snaky115

I see people talking about the sound glitch, if you are PC Steam, you can pause > alt tab > go and open up your sound settings > change your output device to something else breifly, and apply > Then simply change it back to what you had before, and bring the game back up! Should be fixed 🙂

• Thanks 1

Season Results:

S1DRC.thumb.PNG.2f20d44df3e1abf594831fc34c5177fa.PNG

1st: SKUZZA187

2nd: Dytut

3rd: Kildog

Congratulations to all participants! Now for the Prices (I will update the OP in Pretty stuff, when I find the time):

1st: @skuzza187 You are eligible to pick the Vehicle Class for the next Season.

2nd: @Dytut You can pick one of five Season Structures from this Overview:       image.png.90aa400f826515616ab898804ac883ab.png

3rd: @kildog You can select the Time and Weather of the very First Stage.

If no choice has been made before Friday evening, I will count it as abstain and will make the choice myself.

The next Season will start on Saturday Noon (12:00)

Changes:

Event Time up to proper 3.5 days (90 hours) as stated in OP.

After a narrow margin change in the Poll, Cockpit/Dash-Cam will be enforced this time.

Wales included, 10 Events in total. 5 Weeks Season time.

Poll confirmed the structure of a Medium Service Park every 3 stages.

If Cockpit-Cam enforcement swings back again, it will be gone for the Season after.
But for this we will try how the league works from the drivers seat only.
Why wait until Saturday? To put an event change onto the weekend. This way, every single event will have half a Saturday and either a full Friday or Sunday available, which might increase peoples possibilities to enter all events.

• Agree 4

@SkyRex

I like your organisation talent,  you really think through everything 🙂

@Freedygore

Almost got you! GRRR. 😄

@skuzza187

*whisper* You want Group B RWD! You want it badly! *whisper*

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@SkyRex

J'aime votre talent d'organisation, vous pensez vraiment à travers tout 🙂

@ Freedygore

Vous avez presque eu! GRRR. 😄

@ skuzza187

* murmure * Vous voulez le groupe B RWD! Tu le veux mal! *chuchotement*

See you for revenge for this new season 😉

• Agree 1

I will be sitting out next season. First, I'm on vacation, second, there's no way I will use cockpit or dash cam. I sincerely hope the poll swings back again.

Posted (edited)

@SkyRex Thank you for taking the time and effort, I really enjoy the league racing here! Great fun!

As for Vehicle class, @UnderclassGDfan wants GroupB RWD, I have no complaints. Tbh I would be happy to open it to everyone and get a majority vote or something? Just so we can please more people!

Edited by skuzza187
typo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skuzza187 said:

@SkyRex Thank you for taking the time and effort, I really enjoy the league racing here! Great fun!

As for Vehicle class, @UnderclassGDfan wants GroupB RWD, I have no complaints. Tbh I would be happy to open it to everyone and get a majority vote or something? Just so we can please more people!

Sure, in that case, anyone post what he/she would like to drive next.
tbh I hope it's not GrpB RWD, as I think that might scare away some league newcomers if the third season already has the most difficult vehicle class, but just my opinion

My Vote would go to one of these: 2000's, Group A, NR4 or R-GT

Edited by SkyRex

I would love H3 RWD, too, if you want it less difficult and there are 6 cars available to choose from.

After a 4WD season it would be cool to switch to a more different class, but I forgot that the Group B RWD class is completely DLC, that's maybe really not the best idea for getting more players 😄

But to be honest, I don't want 2000's (completely DLC too, by the way) and NR4, they are to similiar to R5's and I don't really like the R-GT class.

If it really has to be 4WD, than I would prefer Group A.

But: it's @skuzza187's decision 🙂

Even if you choose H1 FWD (please not), I will participate 😄