DR2 League Structure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Standings after Wales :classic_biggrin:

😥

Really strange, that you have to ignore the points given on the future stages. But the rest seems to be accurate. Is the bug posted in the bug reporting thread? Could be just the points from the last championship, wich are not reseted or something.

I drove Wales in VR with the Rift S on Steam. Needless to say, the Rift and OpenVR does NOT play well together at the time, with the view stuttering around like crazy when looking around and running everything at lowest. Hope they fix it soon. 

I read this complaint a lot. I have it only at the start were the movement of the public seems to much for the graphics. Rest of the stage is fine. 

I have orher problems, the co-drivers hands are empty, the mirrorview is black and strange enough I have another driver as the one I selected.

So my attention span failed, the very final 'Left 3' on stage one... if you fly off the track at full speed with bad mood, its a full retirement via "Unrecoverable car" ... Oops...

23 hours ago, Snaky115 said:

So my attention span failed, the very final 'Left 3' on stage one... if you fly off the track at full speed with bad mood, its a full retirement via "Unrecoverable car" ... Oops...

You are always very fast and on top of the leaderboards or crashing so heavily, so you're completely out of the event 😄

Championships won't be won like that.

Did heavy mistakes by myself the last few rallies 😄

The Standings on th website don't include the results from Spain, the numbers dont match up... Hope this is a fluke and fixed after Monte, but otherwise, i'm not sure how to track it all apart from calculating it all by hand....

7 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

The Standings on th website don't include the results from Spain, the numbers dont match up... Hope this is a fluke and fixed after Monte, but otherwise, i'm not sure how to track it all apart from calculating it all by hand....

Yeah, saw that too.

It's like Spain never happened. The various issues with the website are slightly annoying and now this downtime on top of it.

Ruined 2 club championships for me (though it's half my fault, because I tend to do them last minute 😄 ).

I will do Monte tomorrow, too tired already today. I see me falling off a cliff, if I try it now 😄

The board is completely broken now:

image.thumb.png.55eaf9cd5ef30984a80fecf1cb825a8f.png

Spain didn't count for anyone still. Monte seemed to count up fine, but it should be 0 for me, since I didn't participate. It only updated for those, who took part. Notice how it shows 4 points for me and @UnderclassGDfan, that is impossible.
This now is a serious Clubs Bug, @PJTierney please relay it to the team.

On another note, I missed the last one and will actually miss the rest of this season, due to being on vacation very soon. Looking forward to the next Season, when Greece will be here.

When Clubs went down during the week I spoke with one of the guys from the team, and also brought up that championship points seem to be calculating/awarding incorrectly. I believe a bug for that may have been logged so I’m sure the right people are aware 🙂 

• Thanks 3

Event 4: Ribadelles

After a pretty solid first stage I had a big mistake in the second stage. The Car was pretty heavily damaged but I made it to the end of stage 3 without bigger problems. Rest was solid, too, but nothing impressive. I would have had a good position at the end, if @PJTierney wouldn't have pulled out the server cable for clubs "by accident" 😞. All his fault.

Event 5: Monte Carlo

I did it again. Hit a stone very early in the first stage somewhere on the left side of the track near the wall. Was just too ambitious and tried to push hard and hit the short guard rail after the long left frontal with pretty high speed. From now on it was over really. Car smoked heavily and Phil said before the end "I think we have an engine issue". Beginning at around the half of stage 2 the engine lost power. More and more. At the end of stage 3 I barely made it to the top in first gear. Service Area said I had only around 3-5% power left 😄 Repaired what was possible and finished that mess with less power than usual. Frustrating performance from me. Not my season.

Event 6: Baumholder

Well...I started doing well and after the looooong straight in the beginning of stage 1 I braked too late and barely made it between the hay bales and the man standing there to avoid a immidiate reset with a time penalty. But hit a small stone. But luckily not with that much speed, so the damage wasn't that big. The rest of stage 1 and stage 2-3 were ok, but had several small mistakes. Stage 4-7 were a bit better, so I managed to finish a rally without a complete broken car for the first time since Argentina, wohooo! 😅

@SkyRex

The system works like before.

Spain seems to not count for anyone, so the end results are still correct. You just have to ignore the points for Spain and any points given to not finished or future rallies. I actually finished Monaco...got 4 points for more than 6 minutes and 48 seconds behind the leader 😄 😥  

• Sad 1

image.thumb.png.40b9d91c4c8de3a8a5f7dd4e78979b30.png

Results for the Second DRC Season. And I am back from vacation.

So congrats to @kildog for the victory. You can pick the Class for the next Season. (I'd be eager for 2000's, personally, but I'm an AWD fetishist anyway)

@Janneman60 You can pick the next Calendar as depicted in the OP

@UnderclassGDfan You can pick the conditions for the starting stage.

Next Season will start in roughly a week.

By the way, what would everybody think of trying some events with different service park structure? I feel with the tyre system, we really should put in some 4-stage stretches, so that hard tires even become a slight thought sometimes. Currently it is mostly soft and maybe sometimes medium for very long stages, isnt it?

EDIT: Updated Calendars, including GRE and FIN

image.png.00672b7568816e37137d20f7dffeba0a.png

Edited by SkyRex
  • Agree 2

Let's go for northbound. Finland is a 'must have' for next season and it must be there if it is the last rally.

Now just hope @kildog doesn't take the R5 class and it will be perfect.

12 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Let's go for northbound. Finland is a 'must have' for next season and it must be there if it is the last rally.

Now just hope @kildog doesn't take the R5 class and it will be perfect.

That's not possible. As soon as a Season is started, it can no longer be edited. So this next Season will still be without Finland.

Just letting you know, in case u want to change the choice. Otherwise I would be quite eager to try a Northbound Season.

BTW, my Reasoning for the Calendars:

World Rally: Aligned quite close to the 2015 WRC calendar.

Northbound: Going from lowest Latitude Location, to the highest.

Frostbite: A Final in the Snow. The Rest just like I felt, to bring some classic location into unusal points in the Season-

Rising Sun: From most west to most east.

Shifted Year: Imagining a WRC, if Seasons would start and end in the Summer.

2 hours ago, SkyRex said:

That's not possible. As soon as a Season is started, it can no longer be edited. So this next Season will still be without Finland.

Just letting you know, in case u want to change the choice. Otherwise I would be quite eager to try a Northbound Season.

BTW, my Reasoning for the Calendars:

World Rally: Aligned quite close to the 2015 WRC calendar.

Northbound: Going from lowest Latitude Location, to the highest.

Frostbite: A Final in the Snow. The Rest just like I felt, to bring some classic location into unusal points in the Season-

Rising Sun: From most west to most east.

Shifted Year: Imagining a WRC, if Seasons would start and end in the Summer.

A pitty for Finland. But let's stick to northbound anyway

Is this available for console/XB1?  If so, is it too late to sign up for the one starting next week?

Thanks for putting all of this together.

42 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Is this available for console/XB1?  If so, is it too late to sign up for the one starting next week?

Thanks for putting all of this together.

I honestly don't know. It's open for everyone, so just sign up via the Website and see if it becomes selectable in the console version. I would assume it should work though.

• Thanks 1

Event 7: Värmland

Missed the Rally completely, had just too much to do at this time. It would have been a mess anyway, because I'm extremely bad there. Not really getting a feel for grip and the stages are quite fast. Car class doesn't matter, even in slower cars I spin quite often.

Event 8: Leczna County

Crashed in the first stage even before entering the twisty section at very high speed. Hit a tree...horrible crash, 3 punctures and it was over. Got automatically DNFed.

Event 9: Monaro

Won the rally pretty unspectacular, if I remember correctly. The 2 fast drivers somehow messed it up/didn't finished the rally, so I took the easy win. Baunau didn't competed in the rally, so I came closer in the championship.

Event 10: Hawkes Bay

I love the twisty long stage, I hate the other one. Always crashing there. But I won the rally again, wohoo 😄 I usually do the rallies in one go, but had heavy connection problems (thanks to @PJTierney not wanting my victory and plug out the server cable again), so I had a brake this time for 1 or 2 days after the 4th stage. Was a close fight then between me and Baunau for the rally victory and 3rd place in the championship. Had a smoking engine in the last stage, but still won the entire thing. I'm not sure how big the difference is between the Evo VI and the Impreza, I had the impression, that the Evo VI is a bit faster. Wished I had choosed the same car as Baunau to see the real difference.

So thanks to me for 3rd place, everyone better than me cheated obviously, so I practically won it. Just kidding 😄

@DaleRossi I play also on X-Box One S, clubs work cross-platform, so join in!

@SkyRex Glad you're back. I hope for even more players in the next championship 🙂

I choose for condition: Night + Heavy Rain. Yes, I said it. Deal with it. HAHA! 😄

As for the car class: Group B 4WD maybe?

Or 2000s without C4 Rally...everyone would use it 😞

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Agree 1

2000s sounds good to me and thanks Janneman60 and SkyRex.

Edited by kildog
  • Agree 2

877266926_kihzgiluj.thumb.PNG.f2c6d1d6aff8e05c22127db46d9b9521.PNG

The Season is Set Up. It will start Midnight on Wednesday, as before 3 days 12 hours each. Neatly comes to an end around a week before Finlands release.

Class: 2000's

11 Rallies, Calendar: Northbound

First Conditions: Dusk, Heavy Rain (NZ doesn't have Night/ Heavy Rain)

Twist: To try out a 4-stage-stretch, to make Tire choice more relevant, I selected 3 Rallies as test subjects. These will have different Service Park structure:

Australia: 4/3

Greece: 3/4

Poland: 2/4/1

The rest follows the standard 3/3/1 structure. Cockpit cam is enforced as the Poll clearly shows right now. Hardcore damage is activated.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Am eager to see, how I can keep up with the '01 Impreza against the younger WRCs. In DR1 the C4 was slightly dominant, let's see if the 01's have more equal chances here.

EDIT: And remember, no car changing in the Season. Only one car allowed. If I see anyone with the 206 Peugeot in Sweden it will result in a DNQ.

Edited by SkyRex
  • Thanks 2

On 9/13/2019 at 10:15 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Or 2000s without C4 Rally...everyone would use it 😞

Seems like almost no-one is using the C4. Actually a lot of 01's on the Board right now.

My run went semi-smooth. Kept it quite clean through the night, but then lost about 50+ sec on stage 6, all due to those nice rock hard roadside edges. To my utter surprise it seems like @kildog had the same problems during stage 6 and I even gained 3 secs on him, making the difference to first only 4 secs. So i decided to throw caution out the window:
Dropped the spare tyre, and had to made some cuts in repairs to fit in enough stuff. Many many quick fixes to get Turbo and Radiator back up. Looking at my mechanic who selected to fix the lights... "The sun is shining, I don't need lights, leave them broken and fix the girbox instead "
Pushed hard on last stage and yay ! Leading now with 8 secs ahead.
(Although thinking about stage 6, that might not last until the end...)

It was a really nice fight. Also discovered that 3 stages in NZ will wear out medium tires completely, which I found nice as it encourages some tire choices.

20190920203643_1.thumb.jpg.1d64bf5c4bc5aac6b5e45e7894a85162.jpg

P.S. The points are all at 0 currently, so it seems CM fixed the website and we hopefully get proper point calculation this season. Together with proper damage and proper setup and selected wheels being saved between stages now.

EDIT: NZ will end tomorrow noon, so to any newcomers: Now is still time to jump into this League/Club and drive the whole season. This is the first of 11 rallies.

Edited by SkyRex
  • Agree 1

Mehh won 2 stages but lost a lot with a blown tire. But in ss6 I had a small off and got stuck between 2 trees. Then I noticed that with the last change to my wheel I somehow lost the 'recover' button. End of rally 😈

Here are the standings after NZ:
image.thumb.png.ce8fd0f0a756f8bf5ae71d671686bb28.png

Good luck everyone for tough Argentina!

• Thanks 1

Lost the right front and heavy damage to the radiator when I hit a rock on stage 6.  Limped it out but damaged the engine from loss of cooling.  I couldn't get everything fixed at service so I did stage 7 with a sputtering engine.  

Did my run through Argentina. Actually went better than expected, had some mishaps as usual thanks to the rocks n stuff. But I only had a shattered Windscreen temporarily. And I think this is my first Argentina without any steaming radiator XD Am alone on the board now... so lets wait how far the cautious approach gets me.

Made a little video of Stage 7 to maybe advertise some more League members via Youtube:

• Agree 1